Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 274

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Thorn nods agreeing to the terms "Aye we will honer the agreement. If any them tall folk acts up I'll assist yah in smartening them up." turning back to his travelling companions "Aint a one of yah act up er they will enact proper punishment an I'll not stop em. I'll assist em in making sure the mistake aint made a second time."

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Max looks around for any dwarves that might benefit from some medical attention.

    "Excuse me Chieftan, but I am a true cleric of Mishakal and would like to offer my services to any of your clan that is in need of healing."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Niedar Dwarf (Hill Dwarf) town of Lakeridge, Somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, Late Afternoon of 11 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC


    Stenkast listens to the adventruers and when they are done he first turns to Maxavel and says; "No offense Human, but I've heard several people claim they are 'true clerics' over the decades and none of them could prove any divine healing gifts to me. You are welcome to your beliefs but I'd rather you didn't try to slather any ointments or say any mumbo-jumbo over any of my people that have injuries."

    He then turns to the others and says; "Well, we certainly don't have any room for any large groups of tall-folk here. Your problems are your own and none of our concern; but I grant you safe-passage through my lands to the valleys to the south of here"; as he points to where the mountain valley bends around to the south; "-and you may stay here for a night; but that's all." Almost as an after-thought he askes the two Elves; "You say you're fleeing an Army? Do you mean a large band of bandits? A goblin or Hobgoblin tribe perhaps?" He nods towards his guard and in Dwarven says; "Tell Zirkan to gather half-a-dozen good warriors and camp by the Eastern passes in case anything tries to make its way towards us in the night".

    While waiting for a reply, he also asks Thorn in Dwarven; "So....this land of Kaolyn....is it far from here? Do you know of the lost Kingdom of Thorbardin? My grand-father used to tell me that the mountain Dwarves of Thorbardin sealed themselves and thier great wealth from the Neidar some 2 centuries ago; cursing us to this hand-to-mouth existence. However, no Neidar I've ever met knows where Thorbardin actually is; other than 'somewhere to the south'".

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Thumb, Michigan
    Posts
    52

    Default Gilthanas

    [C

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Thumb, Michigan
    Posts
    52

    Default Gilthanas

    Lord Stenkast, Thank you for a place to rest for the night. We did not mean for your clan to take on this large group. We are looking for any ruins or large cave that will give them shelter out of the weather.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    57

    Default

    "No offense taken, Chieftan. But I would wager that before the next moon, you'll be shown the truth."

    "Are there any areas nearby for hunting, or food gathering? We need to find any sources we can for the caravan."


    Max will, of course, keep an eye out for any wounded.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Thorn "Kaolyn is a ways off from here yes." the dwarf thinks more of the rest of the question

    "Aye, I knew o' the place they helped found Kaolyn. But after the cataclysm it changed things and cut off our communications with Thorbardin."
    Last edited by GreyWolfVT; 06-27-2016 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    181

    Default

    "I assure you that this is an army, not merely a gang of goblin bandits," Vale replies. "You do well to post a guard, but they would be wise to keep out of sight and report what they witness rather than engage. This army means to conquer all of the world that we know and perhaps more."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Niedar Dwarf (Hill Dwarf) town of Lakeridge, Somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, Late Afternoon thru Early Evening of 11 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC


    The Dwarven leader Stenkast methodically answers each of the companions; beginning with Thorn. "Well, if my grandfather was to be believed, you won't be getting any help from Thorbardin....assuming you can find it. Nonetheless, I wish you luck on your quest Thorn Stoneshield."

    He then turned to Gilthanas and Maxavel and said; "We haven't the the room in the caves we use for such a large group of tall-folk, but my people will set up lean-to tents to use for the night. Come the morning, you're welcome to move to the south, where there are several valleys that might serve your needs, but they're not easy to travel too. Hmm....come to think of it, I know a tall-folk who might be of service to you...then again, he may not want to. He tends to keep to himself and knows these lands better than any I know. He occasionally does some trading with us." Turning to one of his fellow Dwarves, he says in Dwarven; "Go into the scrubs up there and see if Rough is still around. If he is, ask him if he'd come here to help with this situation". Turning back to Gilthanas, Maxavel and the others; "I make no promise of what he'll say; but it might be that he'll agree to help guide you to where you need to go. If he doesn't; all I can offer is that travel through the pass to the south-"; he gestures; "-and if you can traverse the chasm, there's a few vales that might work for your group".

    Finally he turned to Vale and with a grunt said; "No offense Elfling, but we'll see to our own defense. I do appreciate the warning"; he said, almost grudgingly.

    As the day wore on; the large band of refugees slowly made their way to the Dwarven community while the Dwarves set up a large number of lean-to tents. There was a lot of awkward silence between the two groups; the stoic, near silent Dwarves and the wary refugees mostly saying quiet thanks for the shelter and setting up a few fires here and there for a mostly cheerless dinners. The adventurers were somewhat excited to see the return of the Dwarven guard who was dispatched to find the hermit 'Rough' return with a tall, older man dressed in Studded Leather Armor, a hooded cloak and carrying several weapons.

    The middle-aged bearded man strode forward to the group with a wary look on his face and after Stenkast introduced him as "This is the Ranger Rough. I'll leave it to you all to talk amongst yourselves"; he wandered off to allow the tall-folk to converse. Night had fallen and a light snow and soft but cold wind was blowing through the valley....

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Before the dwarf could leave, Rough grunted softly and reached out stopping him. His hand was holding out a brown glass flask 3/4 full of liquid. When the dwarf took it he made a gesture for the dwarf to keep it and waved him off without a word before turning to the party before him
    The ranger eyed them hard for a long moment, eyes intense, even cold but intelligent. He had a tired but predatory look to him as the companions realized he was looking them over no different than he probably would his prey down the shaft of one of the arrows he carried. Just when the silence had dragged on to a forte, and he seemed ready to finally break it, he didn't.
    He reached into one of the deep folds of his cloak and pointedly took his time retrieving and scrapping out an ancient looking pipe. Once he took the first couple of pulls from it, he slowly exhaled the heavy sweet smoke before grunting and nodding to himself briefly.

    When his voice did come, it was full of gravel, almost horse from disuse. "So... looks like you have a people problem."
    With that simple statement being said, he moved a bit stiffly, to a sitting position seeming to be more interested in his pipe and the fire than the conversation he had finally prompted. He stared intently at nothing as if simple waiting to see what they would say. He offered no other cue as to whether he would help or not, but for the moment, at least seemed willing to listen.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •