Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

Thorn "Why are yah all lookin at me? What happened? Did I miss sumthin?" the dwarf looks around and notices the crown on the ground by his feet "Who left the crown on the ground? Eh disrespectin I tell ya." the surly dwarf picks the crow up and puts it in his pack.
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

Default Gilthanas

He looks over at the dwarf and laughs a little. You best be careful with that crown friend it is a mighty artifact of your kin. He then looks around the room. Are we done here in skullcap? Shall we head to Thorbardin?

Thorn perks up at the mention of Thorbardin "Why're we headin ta Thorbardin? I musta missed sumthin."
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    Runes on a Rock

"I believe that the vessel has been destroyed," Vale says as he rejoins the group. "However, I have a bad feeling that Fistandantilus has other means of keeping his soul intact. We need to be prepared for that thing to take its vengeance upon us."

Maxavel

Max thanks Rough "I will be fine, thanks. Just need a bit of rest and you'll be racing to keep up with me."

She turns to Thorn "It seems that that crown contains the essence of Grallen Stronghammer; Crown Prince of the Hylar Dwarves of Thorbardin." She smiles slightly "You might want to keep it safe."

"Nice find on that gem, Vale. Let's take one problem at a time, shall we? Another encounter with that thing isn't high on my list."

Inside the ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale' somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, Late Afternoon of 15 thru Early Morning of 17 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC

Poor Thorn was more than a bit confused and a little suspicious of his companions when they told him of being possessed by the spirit of a Mountain Dwarf Prince when he put on the Crown; but eventually Vale put the crown on and the same thing happened to him and the Dwarf's eyes widened and his belief joined that of the others. Between Grallen's spirit and the map they found in the map-case; it would seem they had the means to journey to Thorbardin now; but first they had to return to the mass of refugees they had led to the Vale a few days past....

It took a full day and night as the weary travellers journeyed back through the spooky, light-snow covered marshlands; Maxavel using her Staff and healing spells to ensure that everyone was returned to full health along the way. On the morning of the 17th, they returned to the 700 some odd souls in the make-shift camp in the 'Hopeful Vale' as they had named the shelter and upon telling them of thier succes in finding the means to journey to the long-lost Dwarven nation of Thorbardin, the mood in the camp turned to one of joy and celebration.

The companions were feasted as heroes and lauded by all of the 'Council' Leaders; even sour-faced Locar managed to choke-out a few words of thanks; though Elistan DID tell them of the increasing contact with Dragon Army patrols at the edges of the area near the shelter and thus the pressing need to get the group moving on yet again. But that could wait for the morning; as this was truly a night of HOPE!

Default Rough

During this respite? in the vale, Rough will seek out Elistine and make it a point of sitting down with the disk and learning as much as he can about the other gods as well as his. He has questions and wants answers. He will seek anything that would make his god make more sense as well as any kind of bits of information that can be useful to know about other gods, good, bad and all points in between. He doesn't want to be caught not knowing in this new world like they were about Nunitari in Skull Cap. He is also curious to see what knowledge can be gleaned about dragons. "Look, we're too old to beat around the bush, we may not have that long. I need help with my letters, you have that covered. Let's see what we can cipher out of this mess." he says to the cleric abruptly. He then pokes Max to get her attention. "You're coming too, Little Sister. Time for school."
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Thorn after all that they had been through recently will seek some good strong ale and toast to Garth before having to depart again once more to try and save the world again marching off to another ancient dwarf kingdom.
    True Treasure
    Runes on a Rock

Maxavel

Max grins at Rough, and after a quick break and drink, wanders over to the study session. "I never figured you for a scholarly type. Glad to have the company!"

Default Rough

Looks somewhere between embarrassed and put off, but grumbles something about needing help with his letters. Still, he proves to be a dedicated (if not cantankerous) student.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)