Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 370

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    117

    Default Rough

    See the blow land on Max and cries out hoarsely in protest, then stands almost stunned as the skeleton collapses before him. Ever practical, he shakes it off and dives down next to the fallen cleric. Hesitantly he reaches for the staff then grasp it half expecting... well, he wasn't sure what he was expecting. Habakkuk help me, he thinks in a silent plea. He hold the staff up so Max can see it, "You'll have to tell me how to work it, Little Sister! I don't know how, I don't want to hurt you!"

    OOC: If there is anything credible of divinity within him, you can bet Rough is making a real effort to find and use it right now.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Thorn smiles proudly seeing that truth lied in the skeletons words picking up his axe and putting it back for the next battle he turns dusts his hands and looks shocked at the form of the fallen cleric "Damn guess me final strike was too late I didna save Max. Can any o ya do anythin for 'im? Don't we have some healin potion er somthin?"

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Max gasps and moans as she opens her eyes. "Is he gone? Did he break the circlet?"

    Noticing the gathering around her, Max manages a weak smile. "The staff will only heal in the hands of a cleric, unfortunately."

    "Don't worry, I'm not an ex-cleric yet. 'Tis but a scratch!"

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Thumb, Michigan
    Posts
    67

    Default Gilthanias

    Moves over to help Maxvale tend to his wounds he looks for any potions he may help heal him. See if the Lich has anything that may heal Max.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Vale rushes to Max's side to aid her in whatever way possible.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Inside the Ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, Mid Morning of 14 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC




    As the companions gather themselves up after the fight, they search the room thoroughly, but nothing of any value is discovered nor are any other ways out of the chamber found. That pretty much only left going the opposite direction form where they chose to enter this circular room. Traveling in that direction warily, they follow a long hallway that ends in an archway the opens into a truly MASSIVE, rectangular chamber. The companions are brought up short at the archway by the sight of two skeletons standing about 10 feet into the room....

    One is of of a humanoid perhaps 3 and a half to four feet in height and with moldy remnants of leather armor that had numerous rends and tears in it; along with a distinctive 'overgrown slingshot' weapon still clutched in one hand, revealing the skeleton to almost certainly belong to a Kender who carried the distinctive Hoopak staff the species so loved. The poor Kender's remains had CLEARLY been half crushed, half sliced apart by jagged edges.....almost as if bitten by some massive beast, though the skeleton lay where it had fallen, so if a beast HAD done this damage, it didn't eat or scatter the remains....very strange...The Kender also had a dusty, though not rusty Dagger near its other hand; with a strange sun symbol and large yellow jewel in the pommel...

    The other skeleton belong to a human or elf; about 5 and a half feet in height or so and with remnants of badly-burned robes still covering much of the Body. A badly singed, though still intact and still filled with SOMETHING backpack lay only a few feet inside the archway, clearly it had been shaken off from or TOSSED by the human/elf; perhaps to ensure it didn't burn up. Sharp eyed Gilthanas can spot a still intact Ring around one of the fingers of the human/elf skeleton; along with a belt pouch that seemed relatively intact while the belt it was 'attached' too had largely fallen apart....

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Maxavel

    After being helped to her feet by her companions, Max thanks them all. "Thank you. We showed great team effort back there. I'm glad we are all here together."

    Walking towards the giant room, and seeing the skeletons, Max cautions the group.
    "Hold. This seems wrong. Let me see what I can discover."
    Max holds her medallion and whispers to her god to reveal any obstacles nearby.
    ooc: cast find traps

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Thorn holds his position ready to attack if need be axe back in hand circlet destroyed and the enemy gone for the moment unsure of when this undead mage will show his corpse.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    117

    Default Rough

    Seeing Max on her feet again the ranger sighs with relief. He hands her back the staff marveling a little at the warm tingle left on his hands. Then picking up his new staff she smiles looking over the wood admiringly. "If I didn't know better, I'd say there was something of magic in this old stick." He thinks for a moment then grins. "FoeFinger" without another word be begins a brief search of the room but comes up empty handed.

    As they move forward, one cannot help but notice the old ranger has assumed a much more protective stance near Max. Not smothering her by any means, but certainly the old man seems to think it is his job to protect their healer. Could the old bear have a soft spot or even a pang of guilt about her being hurt back there? When they reach the other room and stop, seeing the skeletons, he grasp his staff in both hands giving them a hard look, then seems almost stunned when Max steps forward and catches himself reaching after her, torn between grabbing her back and not wanting to interupt her prayer. He mumbles something under his breath about ..."back in my mountains..."
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Heeding the warnings of the cleric, Vale stealthily moves around the skeletons trying to see if he can discern anything out of the ordinary.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •