Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

OOC: No, but you closed the distance to him.....from the post it didn't seem like Rough was rushing to the attack but moving carefully and stealthily and with Maxavel and Gilthanas doing the same; that's how I interpreted the round going. Apologies if that wasn't the intent; I know you specified attacking with the dagger and staff when you got close enough, but in the circumstances of the various posts, I decided that the entire distance wasn't covered.

Quote Originally Posted by maxvale View Post
    OOC: No, but you closed the distance to him.....from the post it didn't seem like Rough was rushing to the attack but moving carefully and stealthily and with Maxavel and Gilthanas doing the same; that's how I interpreted the round going. Apologies if that wasn't the intent; I know you specified attacking with the dagger and staff when you got close enough, but in the circumstances of the various posts, I decided that the entire distance wasn't covered.

It was me that misunderstood. I thought there was less distance. No worries!
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Default Gilthanias

Send his Automons in to attack. As he moves in from the other of the lich attacking with his L. Sword

Inside the ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale' somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, Early Afternoon of 15 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC

As Rough the Ranger and Gilthanas and his remaining Automaton warrior charge forward to attack, thus becoming visilbe to the Lich Fistandantilus, the lich quickly utters words of magic and a small bluish-white sphere becomes visible in his hand. He smashes it on the ground as the five warriors converge on him (Garth the Paladin and the other remaining Automaton who are already close to him) and a sphere of ice-cold, bluish-white energy slams into all of those fighters near him....

The two Automaton warriors crack and fall into pieces while Gilthanas and Rough are both gravely injured* and are knocked shivering to the ground. Garth the Paladin also suffers damage, but the bright white-gold glow from his Ring of Warmth helps him to withstand the damage better and he is only driven to one knee**, from which the Paladin grimly rises up from to move close enough to the Undead Arch-Mage to attempt to hit with his sword....

Outside the arc of the spell; a badly wounded Maxavel attempted to use a Silence spell centered on the brave young Paladin's back to preven the Lich from casting any more spells, but the spell slid off of the Paladin and instead created a bubble of quiet near the center of the room***...

A terribly wounded Valentheran unleashes one of the spells contained in his Ring of Spell Storing; causing 5 magical missiles to dart forwards and unerringly slam into Fistandantiulus; causing the Lich to roar in pain and anger.....

Thorn the Dwarf suddenly found it easier to hurl his axe at the Undead Mage as many of those near him were suddenly slammed to the ground by its spell; or in the case of the Automatons; smashed to pieces. He let fly his Axe; but was dismayed when it missed; but as always he felt reasurred when it came back to his hand....

Gilthans, from the ground, attempted to half crawl and half rise as he swung a blow at the Lich's 'legs' with his enchanted sword, but the Lich nimbly floated away leaving the Elven Warrior-Mage to hit nothing but air....

Next to the Elf Prince; the grizzled Ranger rose up into a crouch and called on the Sunbeam power of his enchanted Dagger and a blast of golden-orange light flashed out and slammed into the Lich; drawing a roar of pain and anguish from the Undead Sorcerer....

Finally, Garth the Paladin stepped forward and with a silent prayer to Kiri-Jolith in his mind, he swung his powerful, enchanted broadsword in an arc that slammed into and through Fistandantilus and with a burst of light; the Undead Sorcerer was defeated.....leaving the room in eerie silence....

*/**Fistandantilus cast Otiluke's Freezing Sphere and the 4d6 damage roll was a 12; 4, 3, 3, 2; NO-ONE made thier Saving Throw...not even Garth with the bonus from his Ring of Warmth Man...sorry about that people! Anyway, this means the 2 Automatons with 10 HPs remaining were destroyed; Gilthans is at 1 HP, Rough is at 4 HPs, and Garth, because the Ring drops the damage of each die by 1; is at 4 HPs. Thorn, Vale and Max were all out of range.

OOC: Reminder from the Journal you all found....most Liches have special magical items they use to keep thier 'essence' in when they are defeated in battle (like just now! ). They are not truly defeated unless the magical items (typically an Amulet) is destroyed; so they recover power slowly after a defeat. It takes a long time, but just thought I'd mention that.

Seeing the creature defeated, Vale breaths a sigh of relief and collapses in pain.

OOC: uh a little confused is the lich alive or defeated? Because i don't see anything that says he was defeated just roared a bit in pain and anger.

Thorn throws his ax at the lich, unless it is defeated then he will start looking for any magical items to destroy.
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

OOC Reread the last paragraph before the notes.
    Last edited by StefanYates; 06-14-2017 at 09:37 PM.

ooc: alright well my actions still work then lets find this magical item and destroy that before the lich can revive.
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

Default Rough

Rough collapses on the floor and wheezes for a few moments, trying to catch his breath. Rolling on his side with a loud raspy groan of pain, he looks to the rest of the group. Seeing everyone is in bad shape, worse still, he realizes that by comparison, he might be the most well off. He rolls onto his belly and crawls over to Gilthas and the others one after the other looking for any help he may be able to give. Reaching into his knowledge of field medicine he checks for any help he can give to get them stable. He is especially worried about the two elves with the injuries they sustained, but he wordlessly works on one after the other. When he gets to Max, she silently prays to Habakkuk and The Blue Lady for forgiveness and takes up the staff again. Please Lord and Lady, if it is your will, Help me heal this girl so she can continue doing your work. He touches her with the staff, hoping to make some difference to get her moving again to help the others. "Please, Little Sister, don't slip off just yet."
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Maxavel

After getting hit with her own staff by Rough, Max stirs a bit more. "Thanks, but we will have to wait until tomorrow for that."

She crawls over to Vale, puts her hands on his wound and prays. She does the same for Gilthanas, Garth and Rough.

"Well. That went about as well as could be expected. Give me a hand, and lets look around for anything useful."

She gingerly gets to her knees, and looks for someone to lend shoulder to steady her.

ooc: cure serious on Vale, cure light on everyone else.