Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 357

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    OOC: Okay, Major DM METAGAME HINT......NOW IS THE TIME TO USE SOME OF THE RECENTLY ACQUIRED MAGIC ITEMS.....Ahem.....that is all....


  2. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    111

    Default Rough

    He has to lean on his staff for a moment. His eyes go wide as the brief vision flashes through his senses. He looks over to the Paladin then Max and nods. "I feel it too... Hubbukuk is with us... He... He just spoke to me. Clearer than ever before. There is a danger behind that door..." He takes a deep breath and steels himself. He knows they are in the presence of the Gods. He stands firm in that. Then feeling the blessing laid on him by Mishakal through Max he nods. "Thank you, Little Sister. And thank you to the Blue Lady."

    He takes out the Sunbeam Dagger and holds up it. "Hubbukuk, we need you." He closes his eyes and concentrates on the idea of the dagger working and his God working through him to do his will... and waits...

    He will try to make the invisibility effect work so they can try to get a better jump on Fisty. His instincts as a ranger as always falling on stealth and surprise.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Vale takes a moment to calm his nerves and set his resolve. He then checks that his new ring is seated firmly and draws his rapier preparing for the worst.

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Thorn takes his magical ax out and has the keys in the other hand not really wishing to open this last set of doors.
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Thumb, Michigan
    Posts
    66

    Default Gilthanias

    Takes the Paladins words in. He begins to prepare himself for the upcoming battle. I will need a few minutes to prepare. He starts casting "Mirror Image" He will then pull the figurines from his pouch. He will then nod to the others that he is ready. He will cast "Mirror Image" upon the figurines. If they are engaged in a battle once the doors open.

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Thorn decides it might be time to take out the two figures and get them activated so that he can open the doors. "Guessin we might need the extra help, so I'll activate these two figures then open the doors using the keys."
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    111

    Default Rough

    Takes out his own automatons and sets them well to the back in case there is a trap not all of them will get caught in it in the initial rush. He says the words and activates them. Then eyeing them critically, hoping they understand him on some level, "Don't charge forward. Guard our rear until everyone is in the room and then skirt around the sides to flank or even come up from behind........ Can you understand me?"
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Inside the ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale' somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, approximately Noon of 15 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC




    In the last section of the hallway leading to the chamber of Fistandantilus; the companions prepared themselves as best they could to face the undead arch-mage....

    Maxavel cast Protection from Evil on the veteran Ranger Rough and then cast Resist Fire upon herself. Taking a firm grip on her Staff and saying one last prayer to Mishakal, she nodded to the others that she was ready...

    Gilthanas the Elven Warrior-Mage took out the two small figurines and cast them upon the ground while saying 'Arise' in Ergothic. The two small statues instantly grew into 6 foot tall, completely stone-gray in color humanoid figures in Chain Mail armor, carrying Shields and Spears and helmets the covered all of thier face with only a narrow slit that revealed two eerily green glowing eyes. They stand at perfect attention and stare silently at the Elf. "Escort me", Gilthanas tells them and they nod in silence at him. He then draws forth some spell components out of a pouch and utilizes them to cast a Mirror Image spell and suddenly a pair of identical, life-sized images of Gilthanas began to slowly rotate around him*....

    Thorn the Dwarf drew forth his two figurines and cast them upon the ground while saying 'Arise' in Ergothic as well. Just like with Gilthanas, in a moment, two life-sized, gray colored warriors were standing at silent attention next to him. He grunted out, "Escort me" as well and the two figures nodded and took positions to either side of the Dwarven warrior as he remained crouched near the statues, ready to use his magical keys when the group was ready....

    Rough the Ranger draws forth his new magical dagger, Sunbeam, and uses its power to make them all Invisible to Undead. With his magical Staff in one hand and the dagger in the other, he turned to Thorn's Automaton Warriors and mentioned perhaps attacking from the flanks and if they understood him. While both turned thier heads to look at him when he came near Thorn, niether responded or indicated in any way that they understood what the Ranger was asking. It dawned on both him and the Dwarf, that they probably only responded and understood commands from the person who 'created' them**...

    Valentheran the Elven Thief-Mage drew forth his magical rapier and made sure his new Ring of Spell Storing was seated on his finger correctly and after taking a deep breath, he nodded to the others that he was ready as well....

    Sir Garth Blackwood, Knight of the Crown and the first Paladin on Krynn in over 3 centuries bowed his head and gave a quick prayer to Kiri-Jolith; the God of Just Combat and then readied his Shield and magical Broadsword before standing before the last pair of unopened double doors and calling back over his shoulder; "Alright Thorn, let's open these doors and get this done".

    Thorn, his magical Axe in one hand and the ring of Keys in the other, turns the first key in the lock on the base of the first statue and then crosses the room and does the same for the second. As before, there is an audible sound of a lock being opened and the double doors swing open....

    The room revealed is a large circular chamber bathed in an eerie blue-white light from a quartet of some kind of magical torches that gave forth ghostly light throughout the approximately 70 feet by 70 feet room. The chamber had a domed ceiling that had clearly once been lined with expensive marble, which had now largely fallen to the ground and shattered. The entire room was blackened as if from a massive blast of fire and a heavy layer of ash and dust covered the ground. What immediately dominated the adventurers' attention however was the ghostly figure about 50 feet into the chamber which turned to face the open doors and cocked its head to the side in confusion....clearly unable to see the companions who were standing at the threshold....

    The figure was man-sized but spectral, with ghostly black robes and a gleaming white skull for a head with malevolent red pin-pricks of light in the eye-sockets. All of the heroes felt thier blood go cold at the sight and they all immediately felt the urge to flee in terror, though all of them managed to shake themselves out of it. CLEARLY they were looking at the undead form of the Archmage Fistandantilus....



    *Gilthanas had originally memorized the spell Web x2 and NOT Mirror Image; but I switched this out for you...but PLEASE look at your character post on the Character Thread to see what equipment/spells memorized/etc. you have. Also, in reading the description for Mirror Image; it only applies to the spell caster, sorry! which is a shame, because I REALLY liked your idea for casting the spell on the Automatons

    **Rough doesn't have any figurines....Gilthanas, Thorn and Max have them. So, I had Rough talk to Thorn's Automatons, hope this is okay!
    Last edited by maxvale; 05-31-2017 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Smith, AR
    Posts
    111

    Default Rough

    OOC: Perfectly fine! I forgot it was the dagger he memorized commands for, thanks for understanding!

    Rough takes a deep breath as the door open and after the initial shock, he is relieved to see the lich's look of confusion confirming they are hidden. He motions to the others to move forward quietly. He eases forward locking eyes with the specter before them and holds his staff before himself protectively, his off hand still clutching the enchanted dagger. If he can get close enough, he will try to stab the lich right in the face through one of those red eye sockets.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse


    "A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

    Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Vale moves with purpose to the right of the door (and the rest of the party) intentionally making his presence known to the entity in the chamber while speaking words of magic and launching a huge ball of fire at the creature.

    OOC: Casting fireball (duh)
    Last edited by StefanYates; 05-31-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •