Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: DL 3 Dragons of Hope; IC; Chapter 3

Default Gilthanias

Thinking quickly puts everything back as it was and backtracks his steps to see if the curse upon his weapons can be reversed. Such awful luck I am having. Maybe? Using the keys is our only choice. The question is do we use one key and hope we choose correctly or both key slots.

Maxavel

"Most unusual! What kind of magic does such a thing?" Max seems equal parts intrigued and concerned for Gilthanias. "I'm trying to remember more about this guy, but there is so much on the discs, I haven't memorized it all yet. Maybe pick one, and listen to see if the door unlocks?"

Inside the ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale' somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, late morning of 15 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC

After Gilthanas returned the opposite way thru the area between the two statues, he felt the same 'breeze' he had felt earlier and his weapons immediately felt heavier in their scabbards and quiver. Drawing them, he saw that the wood had changed back into metal and the Elven Warrior-Mage breathed a sigh of relief....

Valentheran examined the keyholes on the base of each statue and found no evidence of any traps in either one and Thorn then tried each Key until he felt a click in first one and then the other. An audible sound like that of a lock being opened echoed through the chamber and the double doors at the end of the hall, facing the ones they entered from, opened to reveal another stretch of hall with yet ANOTHER set of double doors facing them some 40 feet away or so and two more statues in the middle of the new room, facing each other....

Moving cautiously forward, Vale will continue in his trap checking on the way to the newest statues and examine them as well when he gets to them.

Thorn will institute the same process as the previous two doors using the keys after a they are cleared of traps.
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

Default Rough

After recovering from his chuckle, Rough rejoins the group patting Gilthanas on the shoulder. "Glad that little cantrip was easily fixed. I wonder though if it is an illusion of some kind. Still, a handy trick. Would be nice to pull something like that off against those dragon armies just before a battle."

At the sounds of the locking mechanism released, he will move forward cautiously and once more peek his head in, looking side to side and up and down before entering, and only then if it looks safe.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Maxavel

"This looks familiar. Are the statues the same?"

Default Gilthanias

This time he stays behind the statues and waits for Val to opens the doors.He smiles at Rough.That cantrip would make them turn and run.

Inside the ruins of 'Skullcap'; somewhere in the swampy plains south and east of 'Hopeful Vale' somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains south of Pax Tharkas, late morning of 15 Hiddumont (October), 351 AC

The companions find NO traces of any mechanical traps on these two statues, one of which is of a young boy with a mischievous, almost cruel look to his face and the other is of a rather, ahem...EXCITED.....grown man with a lecherous look in his eyes to match the protrusion in his pants. The two name plates read off; YOUTH and PASSION.

Thorn finds the right pair of keys and unlocks first one and then the other; and sure enough, the double doors open to reveal yet ANOTHER hall with closed Double Doors on the opposite side and a pair of statues in alcoves with key holes and name plates on the base. These two statues are of a madman and a sinister looking old man carrying a sickle. The name plates read off CHAOS and DEATH, respectively....

Valentheran finds no traps on either of these statues as well and as Thorn goes to find the last pair of keys, Maxavel, Rough and Garth Blackwood all feel a chill creep down their spine, seemingly coming from the opposite side of the closed double doors. Maxavle hears a feminine voice in her mind and heart whisper; "Be ready my beloved" in Mishakal's unforgettable voice. Rough seems to hear the tell-tale sounds of animals in danger; the sound of beating wings as a flock of birds suddenly takes flight and the sound of hooves bounding away at high speed when a herd of deer is on the run from a pack of wolves and he KNOWS this is the touch of Habbakuk; warning him that something terrible lies beyond the double doors.....

The young Paladin puts voice to these warnings, saying to his Dwarven friend Thorn; "Hold for a moment friend Thorn. Kiri-Jolith; my God of Just Battle is sending a warning to my heart about what lies beyond those doors". The Paladin raises up his holy symbol in one hand while closing his eyes and pointing his other hand towards the Double Doors, the companions recognizing that he's using his DETECT EVIL power.....

A moment later, a more serious than usual looking young Paladin turns to his companions and says; "Yes indeed...that Great Evil I felt before is CERTAINLY beyond those doors.....we should prepare ourselves to face this Fistandantilus".....

Maxavel

"It's here. See you on the other side." Max pats Rough on the shoulder while murmuring some words under her breath.

"I can heal some, and I will cast silence if things are going poorly."

Max casts protection from evil on Rough, and Resist fire on herself.