Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rogue’s Age of Mortals Redux: Pathfinder Campaign Journal

I swear everyone rolls that dragon encounter. I liked the image of the flash-frozen swamp and the giant squids attacking. Very cool stuff, man!

Seems like the noble and mystic classes are working okay so far!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

The noble is good. My guy who plays the Mystic is frustrated, but I think it's mostly because he is unfamiliar with the class. For the next session, I sent him a cheat sheet for his class features. We are also still having issues with spells per day, etc. But that is mostly due to a still incomplete character sheet.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Session 3: Part I, The Rando's of the Great Moors

Sir Ellinghad uth Saxis (LG male Solamnic human Wizard 5/WoHS 3/War Mage 3), an intrepid member of the Solamnic Kingfisher auxiliary and renegade hunter.

Hyphen Umlaut (CG male true kender Rogue 3/Mystic of Spiritualism 8), a bitingly sarcastic kender nightstalker who is the current bearer of both the purified and tainted Tears of Mishakal.

Lyajaida “Lya” Denissa (CG Silvanesti elf Ranger 9/Wizard 1/Arcane Archer 1), a quiet, prideful elven ranger who was chosen by the Key of Quinari to be its wielder.

Grrrr (N male wolf), Lya’s steadfast bonded ally and protector.

Bomreck Bristlebeard (LG Daewar dwarf Cleric 11 of Reorx [Forge and Light]), a bombastic mountain dwarf cleric of whom little is known about, with clan ties to the forging of the Shard of Light.

Sir Royse uth Seeckt (LG Solamnic human Noble 4/Cavalier 6/Solamnic Knight 1 [Rose]), an initiate to the Order of the Rose who holds a dark secret of the coming future which he is desperate to change.

Gygax Polyhedron (LG Solamnic human Cleric 11 of Habbakuk [Animal and Travel]), a stranger who rides a tiger into battle and serves the will of Habbakuk with the Solamnic Knights.

Sir Alfonse (Al) of House Seeckt (LG Solamnic human Fighter 9), Royse’s retainer and loyal servant

Esilidor, cub of Arathor; First Whisker Under the sea! (N male tiger), Gygax’s great cat and steed.

We started a little light that session, with Bomwreck’s player again no-showing. I simply had the dwarf seasick, and then guarding the Lens while other things occurred. As for house-keeping, he confirmed later that he dropped, which sucked, but the game moves on!

The heroes trek through the swamp continued after resting for the night and regaining spells. I didn’t throw any rando’ encounters at them as they were dealing with enough just by taking the route set up for them by Barathrutus. I spent some time explaining that there was a feeling that the swamp was against them, with mosquitoes and gad flies swarming them from time to time, or many a man-eating reptile eyeing them eagerly as they navigated the waterways of the Great Moors.

On a hunch, Lya rolled a Survival check making the DC18. Using the map, the elven ranger determined their route to be very roundabout, taking a path directly by several villages inhabited by savage tribal humans. Though they were loyal to Pitch, who knew what they would do to a group of adventurers? Lya directed them on an alternate route, cutting a half day of travel from their journey by choosing alternate waterways. The utter humidity and occasional fog and rain, rain and fog plagued the party for the better part of the day, leading into the afternoon. As some stood watch, others dozed on the rafts during the hottest point of the day. Thankfully Hyphen took point, tapping into the Power of the Heart to utilize his Extrasensory Perception ability. The kender sent spirits ahead, essentially creating a sensor ahead several hundred feet that allowed him to see through the eyes of the ghosts.

As they continued on the river, those on watch (Lya/Hyphen/Sir Al) all noticed strange lights roughly 100 yards away on shore. They winked playfully at them, and then winked out, only to appear a bit closer, floating at eye level. Lya and Sir Al warned Hyphen, who dismissed his power to look at the whirling collection of witch lights. He made the DC10 Knowledge Dungeoneering to recall tales of will’o-the-wisps, the bane of swamp travelers, but could not recall much other than they feast on their victims. As they continued to approach, the group woke the others. Hyphen the player called them “Pain Candles,” getting a few laughs around the table. As the others awoke, we went to initiatives as the will’o-the-wisps went on the offensive.

Hyphen opened up the round, but could not see the currently invisible will’o-the-wisps. He instead used his Spirit-Touch ability, adding to his armor class. The will’o-the-wisps came next, taking all-out movement and appearing around the amazed adventurers. Ellinghad took his turn, making a knowledge check as a reaction. He learned that will’o-the-wisps were immune to most magic, except two spells, one of which he cast defensively with Battle Magic. He also knew that these types of creatures almost never attacked, especially during the day, further adding to their suspicion for Barathrutus. As this was more a random encounter, the battle lasted about four rounds, with the players surprised at getting shocked from eight different will’o-the-wisps. Though a few became dangerously low in hp, it was only a matter of time before they defeated the annoying aberrations. Being immune to most spells was a surprise, but it was more a minor inconvenience. I won’t bore you all with the round to round, because there is a much bigger fight I will detail later.

Progress continued after Gygax healed the party with a few healing bursts, and another few hours travel passed down river. Even with Hyhen again using his Extrasensory Perception, he missed the Perception check to detect the hiding Wyndlass that lashed out during the Surprise round. The Wyndlass lashed one of its many tentacles around Esilidor the Tiger, pulling him off the raft for an early dinner. I spent a good chunk of time converting the Wyndlass from the Bestiary, so I was very prepared for this fight and a bit anxious to try out the monster. As there was an issue with the recording for this part of the session, I had to skip ahead a bit in the middle combat. The Wyndlass had both the tiger and Sir Royse pulled off the raft and fully grappled in the shallows of the swamp at one point. The party rallied, continuing attacks and hard hitting the Wyndlass. The encounter took longer because the Ellinghad was careful about using AOE’s due to all the grappling. Again, I won’t go round by round with this fight due to it being more of pitfall of rolling the dice while traveling through the Great Moors. No one died and the encounter pressed the group to be a bit more creative. They didn’t talk nearly as much trash as usual due to my ill-planned encounters of the previous month. As a consolation, here is my conversion of the Wyndlass to Pathfinder.

Wyndlass CR 10
    XP 9,600
    N Huge aberration
    Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft; tremorsense 60 ft; Perception +20
    DEFENSE
    AC 25, touch 11, flat-footed 22 (+3 Dex, +14 natural, -2 size)
    hp 130 (15d8+30)
    Fort +11, Ref +14, Will +15
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft; burrow 20 ft.
    Melee bite +17 (2d6+8), 10 tentacles +15 (1d6+4 plus grab)
    Space 15 ft; Reach 15 ft (30 ft with tentacle)
    Special Attack constrict (tentacle 1d6+4); slicken earth
    STATISTICS
    Str 26, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 7, Wis 15, Cha 12
    Base Atk +11, CMB 21 (25 grapple); CMD 34
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Multiattack, Skill Focus Stealth, Stealthy
    Skills: Climb +21, Escape Artist 21, Perception +20, Stealth +20, Swim +26

Slicken Earth (Ex): At will, a wyndlass can exude extremely solvent lubricating oil that softens earth in all adjacent squares. On the first round, the oil produces the effects of a grease spell in the slickened area (Reflex DC 17 to avoid falling). After one minute, the area takes on the properties of quicksand and is 5 feet deep (see page 427 in the Core Rulebook). A pit of quicksand large enough to hide the wyndlass can be created in three minutes, and is 30 feet in diameter and 15 feet deep.

Not long afterwards, the party found a suitable camp site for the evening, getting rest for the final half-day’s journey to Mohrlexctlan.

Up Next: All the World’s a Stage?
    Last edited by rogue; 09-01-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Being the guy that spearheaded the creation of the spiritualism sphere it was really exciting for me to see those mystic abilities being used (and used well!). This must be how Cam feels when he reads this stuff.

The wyndlass conversion looks good too, Ed. You should fire that off whomever the Nexus Rules Editor is these days!

Looking forward to a showdown with Pitch!
    Head Moderator &

Thanks man, that will be coming today.

Hooray!!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default Session 3: Part II - All the World is a Stage

After another rest, the party again continued towards their ultimate destination of Mohrlexctlan. As determined by Lya, it took only a half day to reach the island. Upon their approach they noticed small huts of a village along the far shore. Humans in loin cloths dotted the short coastline. When the savages noticed the group of rafts, the males ushered their women and children inside the crude dwellings, and immediately began to fire arrows or throw javelins, despite being well out of range. Hyphen used his Extrasensory Perception again to find a way around the village towards the other, safer side of the island. It took another hour or so, but the group put down on a quiet beach. As I had a now NPC dwarf still about, he stood watch over the Lens of Solinari after some quibbling over how to hide it. Finally, the others moved inland.

Moving towards the outer rim of the island, they passed by odd warning totems and effigies made of mud and plants. The adventurers only shrugged, continuing their progress. After a half mile, I called for DC20 reflex saves as no one was being very aware of their surroundings. Sir Royse and Sir Al both failed, and fell downward into a 50-foot pit, taking 12 falling damage. Sir Al took another 16 damage from the spikes at the bottom. Gygax cast Fly (Domain spell), sharing spell with his tiger to retrieve both men instead of having them risk a 50-foot climb for more damage. Gygax healed both men with a healing burst and another Cure spell for Al.

A bit more cautious, they continued inward. Taking the lead, Hyphen found another nasty trap on a DC30 Perception check. He knew it was indeed magical and dangerous. Gygax cast a quick Detect Magic, realizing it was a Cone of Cold spell. Before he could warn the others to move around, Hyphen had his thieves’ tools out to attempt to disable it. I love my kender player! With a chuckle from me, Hyphen missed the DC30, and set off the trap sending a 10D6 Cone of Cold. Everyone made the DC17 save, with Hyphen, Lya and Esilidor evading, and everyone else taking 26 cold damage. Gygax burned two more bursts to get everyone up to full again. This, ladies and gentleman, is called softening up the god-players before a big fight. 

Reaching the inner part of the island, the players found a 10-foot wall of mud and stone. They shambled over in their respective ways, either by magic or just taking 10. From the top of the wall, they saw patrols of bakali not far off, but they simply ignored the adventurers. After more progress, they found a large half circle of worked stone that rose into a small amphitheater. Behind the stage, a small lake stood surrounded by cypress and reeds. Its water was green-black with algae. Drawing nearer, they noticed figures moving about the stage. Humans, bakali and others were curiously dressed in brightly colored clothing. A man dressed in black directed them in some type performance rehearsal.

The player who is Ellinghad suggested sneaking over, but the others mostly laughed at the idea of a white robe sneaking anywhere. They decided to approach and make their presence known. When closer, the group heard the bakali and savages speaking back and forth in their oddly guttural languages, acting out some unknown drama. The human male wearing a black doublet, gestured to the adventurers and told his “actors” to take a break. He took a long pull of some type of beverage from the golden goblet in his left hand, and asked if they were here to kill the dragon. While the others started forming a response, I had Ellinghad and Sir Royse roll Knowledge Architecture and Engineering checks, who both had ranks. They determined that the stone work making up the stage was odd, and much older than the rest of the constructed amphitheater. With the surprisingly higher roll, Sir Royce instantly knew the stage stood on some type of ancient ruins. Elgene the player designed Sir Royce as a siege engineer, hence the high skill check. I then had Royce make a Perception check, and he deduced a strange pattern in the older stone work that looked oddly large enough to contain the Lens of Solinari.

Hyphen decided he wanted to look at the goblet the man held before anyone answered. Even on a Sleight of Hand check of 31, the man simply lifted his goblet up to his lips again so the kender couldn’t reach it. This was perhaps the first inclination that the man was more than he seemed. The director asked somewhat impatiently if this kender spoke for the group to laughs around the table. Hyhen asked if he needed the goblet to speak, more laughs. Ellinghad finally announced that they searched for the Fountain of Renewal, and Barathrutus sent them to seek advice from Pitch. The director only replied the Fountain of Renewal was legend, and asked what they knew of it? Ellinghad replied they knew much of the legendary site, and had studied it for some time. Sir Royce then spoke up, sharing his theory that the Lens of Solinari most likely fit in the strange stonework that the stage now stood upon. Ellinghad the player looked across the table in consternation, fearing they just gave too much information. Becoming impatient, the mage asked directly if the director knew where the dragon was. The director said he was about, and Ellinghad returned that they only meant to assist the Pitch. Impressed, the director asked how. Both Solamnics relayed their tale of the fight in Picketville and the potential cure for the disease affecting dragonkind. The director’s face darkened in anger, realizing Barathrutus as the cause of all woe. He revealed himself as Pitch, and explained Barathrutus only a day prior warned him about a group of knights and rogues on their way to kill him. He trusted his advisor as a day before he felt the presence of Huma’s Bane (the lance) not far away. But alas, it was all false. He also suspected that the true culprit of the disease was most likely the work of Sable, with Barathrutus as her agent. Pitch asked for aid in confronting the aurak, and then he would help in whatever way necessary to restore the Fountain. The group agreed, but asked about the aurak’s fate. Pitch said he would stand trial for his crimes, which surprised the group. Pitch was not your standard black dragon. Finally, Pitch cast a Sending spell to summon his majordomo. While waiting, they spoke of the Fountain. Pitch doubted highly he was worthy of a cure from the gods of light. During the conversation of the Fountain, Gygax felt his medallion grow warm against his chest, a potential assurance from Habbakuk. Of course my players teased Chris the player about where exactly he was warm, as Gygax didn’t keep the medallion around his neck. Fun times.

Finally, a flight of six wyverns approached overhead on a course for the amphitheater. On each were two bakali riders (war chief and sorcerer), and Barathrutus riding solo. The dozen riders and wyverns landed close to the stage, and Pitch immediately confronted the group. Once clear, Pitch monologue’d, and I read a bunch of boxed text to which Barathrutus denied all allegations. Losing his temper, Pitch shifted form and I happily placed a Gargantuan-sized dragon miniature on the battlefield to the delight of my players. Barathrutus proselytized as a bluff and quickly pulled out a strange lump of coal. He threw it, impacting Pitch. A tearing sound echoed around the theater as calcified protrusions covered Pitch’s remaining healthy scales. Pitch slumped to the ground in a roar of pain, unable to even fully open his eyes. We went into initiatives for our biggest battle yet!

I am still working on writing up this colossal combat. So stay tuned...again.
    Last edited by rogue; 06-15-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Default Session III: Part 3 - The Battle of the Stage

Hyphen opened round 1, taking a double move action towards the group of wyverns and bakali. I will note here that Matt the player decided this was the last session he wanted to play Hyphen as a Mystic. Previously Hyphen was a Nightstalker in 3.5, and we argued a bit over Hyphen’s value to the party and his unhappiness as a support character. I agreed that we could take another look to change Hyphen for the next session. Meanwhile, some of the wyverns took to the air, attempting to circle and flank the heroes, while others awaited orders. Sir Royce came next, activating his Cavalier’s Banner ability to give everyone +1 to attacks and +2 to saves against fear and charged Barathrutus. The knight’s sword impacted with the aurak’s invisible shield spell. Close, but no cigar. Barathrutus came next, utilizing his Dimensional Step spell-like ability to zip away from the angry knight. He reappeared 60 feet to the south, safe for the moment. After him came the Bakali sorcerers, who scattered in different directions away from their wyvern mounts. Some took double move actions, while others cast spells. Several Scorching Rays zipped across the battlefield at different targets, with only Gygax taking a hit for 13 damage. Ellinghad then moved up the rows of the theater to get a better vantage point. Speaking words of magic, a shimmering Lesser Globe of Invulnerability enveloped him. Master Yap cast a Dimension Door spell to move to the top of the theater, away from melee. Next Sir Al charged with a Power Attack for 19 damage on one of the sorcerers. Gygax failed a check to fast mount Esilidor, taking a move action instead. He then cast Righteous Might, sharing the spell. The tiger then bounded around the amphitheater, getting close to several bakali. The bakali war chiefs then brandished great axes and moved on the offensive. Two charged Sir Royce, with one hit for 9 damage. Another charged Lya, cutting for 7 damage. It was here that I realized I skipped Lya, who is a quiet player and very polite. So I had her take her attack then, and would catch her up on the next round. She shot two arrows (Rapid Shot and normal) into the lizardman, wounding him for a whopping 32 damage. She is by far the deadliest PC we have at the table, consistently doing high damage.

We went to Round 2 with Hyphen casting Obscuring Mist, effectively hiding most of the battlefield for several bakali and wyverns. Back in normal order came Lya, who took a five-foot step back and plugged the same bakali for another 27 points of damage, killing the aggressor. The remaining wyverns took to the air to flee the mist, while others went to fly towards random players but no attacks. Sir Royse attacked another sorcerer, slashing with his holy longsword for a low 6 damage. Further off, Barathrutus disappeared from sight by casting Greater Invisibility. The bakali sorcerers then went on the offensive again. One struck Esilidor with a Ray of Enfeeblement, sucking 5 to STR. Another hit Sir Royce via Scorching Ray for another 10 damage, while Sir Al also ate flames for 15 damage and a -3 to STR via Enfeeblement. Sir Ellinghad then cast his most potent spell, using a bolt of Battle Magic Chain Lightning to great effect by striking 11 targets. The initial wyvern took 56 damage (failed save) then arced outward, peppering others and killing one sorcerer. Taking a cue from his peer, Master Yap cast a Lightning Bolt that struck two wyverns, killing one. Sir Al attacked with a -2 to his AC to Lunge and Whirlwind Attack, making an attack on three bakali, dealing 17 damage to a sorcerer and 35 damage on another that killed it. Meanwhile, Gygax quickly dismounted his weakened bonded animal and went after a sorcerer, hitting for 13 damage. Esilidor then took a five-foot step and unleashed a full attack dealing 48 damage due to the Righteous Might upsize. The effort finished off a war chief. The bakali war chiefs responded to reposition on the field, and one suffered an AoO from Esilidor for 6 damage and from Royce for 18. Lya then suffered another axe hit for 16 damage, with other misses.

Round 3 kicked off with Hyphen moving out of the mist and casting Divine Favor, while Lya took a Withdraw action up the theater stairs to stand next to Ellinghad. The wyverns then took multiple charge attacks and full attacks etc. Sir Al took a total of 24 damage from two of the beasts. In response, Sir Royce took a five-foot step to unleash a full attack to kill another sorcerer. Suddenly, both of the Solamnic Knights felt the pull of magic attempt to subvert their consciousness. Both made their DC22 Will saves to not get Mass Suggested by the invisible Barathrutus. At this point I think two sorcerers survived, and one hit Sir Royce with a Ray of Enfeeblement for -5 to STR. The other confirmed a Nat 1 and took spell acid damage from the critical fumble deck. Seeing a pocket of enemies, Ellinghad cast a Battle Magic Fireball doing 53 points of damage that killed two bakali and one wyvern. Master Yap then cast Spectral Hand, while Sir Royce charged the enemy, provoking attacks of opportunity that only bounced off his armor. He dealt enough damage to take out another bakali. Esilidor attacked a wyvern, wounding it for 23 damage, while his master channeled energy to heal several allies, while then counterattacking via his Lion’s Shield to slam a wyvern as a free action for 15 damage. More bakali war chiefs ganged up on Sir Al due to the retreat of the elven ranger, slashing the Crown Knight for 17 damage, but missing attacks on Gygax and others. My rolling was really subpar this session.

Onward to Round 4, Hyphen finally joined battle to lash his Hellfire Whip at one of the bakali for 14 damage, including sneak attack. From her vantage point, Lya pegged arrows like shooting fish in a barrel. She critical hit a sorcerer, killing it, and hit a war chief. The wyverns counterattacked, but again I rolled poorly, pretty much missing everything. Sir Royce then pulled the Lance of Huma, and critical hit a wyvern. We didn’t bother rolling damage on that one due to Con damage alone. Repeating his spell, Barathrutus summoned Enchantment magic against the two Solamnic Knights. They both failed their Will saves, and heard the Suggested words to destroy the evil dragon that so threatened the weak and innocent.  I had Ellinghad and Gygax roll Sense Motives, which they made, noticing the knights leveling baleful gazes at Pitch. That led to a successful Spellcraft check by Ellinghad to understand they were charmed, as he was the wizard with the power to dispel. On his turn after some player debate, he decided to use Dispel Magic with the area dispel option. H failed the dice roll. Yap came next, casting Vampiric Touch that destroyed another wyvern. Sir Al then charged Pitch, provoking an AoO from a bakali that scored 12 damage from him. The knight’s greatsword bounced off Pitch’s calcified scales, but it confirmed everyone’s worst fear. Gygax ran to Pitch’s side, grasping the oversized beast. He had a great idea to use his Dimensional Hop Domain ability. As there is no requirement for size, only feet moved, I allowed it. I had doubts at first, but as it’s a supernatural ability, it was a great decision with a 200 bonus XP award for ingenuity. A quick prayer to Habbakuk, and they both winked out 55 feet away in the stands of the amphitheater. The stonework crunched, but amazingly held the dragon’s weight. Esilidor then covered the move with full-round attack that finished off another wyvern. As there were no more bakali war chiefs, that finished the round.

Round 5 opened with Hyphen casting Protection from Evil and making a successful Acrobatics to tumble next to Sir Royce. With a touch, he hedged out Barathrutus’ Suggestion, freeing the knight from mind control. Barathtrutus was evil after all. For giggles, I had Hyphen the player make a Sleight of Hand check as well, which Royce did not catch. I rolled randomly, and Hyphen now had Royce’s Amulet of Nat Armor +2. Oh hijinx! At this point Jess the player had departed for her Twilight Run, so Lya kind of faded into the woodwork. The last wyvern and sorcerer both missed their attacks. Caring not for the annoying kender that saved his life, Sir Royce immediately went for a non-lethal attack to his loyal servant. Royce hit Al with the guard of the lance, shaped like a dragon’s head. Al’s eyes crossed and fell down like a sack of potatoes. A roar of anger echoed from far off, and a pea shaped ball of flame traveled across the battlefield, exploding in a rush of heat at Royce, Al and Hyphen. While Hyphen evaded, Royce and Sir Alphonse took 33 damage. Sadly, this killed Sir Al, the loyal cohort. As a reaction, Ellinghad made a Perception check, approximating Barathrutus’ general location. Though unable to see the draconian, the wizard was confident in his magic to paint the target properly. With a Solamnic vow of avenge Alphonse, he cast Freezing Sphere. As the spell detonated well away from him, the draconian’s innate spell resistance protected him. It did however reveal his position as a blank spot in the large field of ice that appeared after detonation. It’s really funny when Ellinghad the player’s SR rolls fail. He gets salty. It’s more amusing because he is my kid brother.  Master Yap then cast Scorching Ray that took out the last bakali sorcerer, and Gygax and Esilidor ganged up on the remaining wyverns, clearing the last of the mooqs.

On Round 6, the search for Barathrutus began in earnest. Hyphen moved towards the bald spot in the ice. As we npc’d Lya after forgetting her for a round, she put two arrows at Barathrutus’ position. Even despite the miss chance, both hit for 19 damage. Sir Royce made the Perception check to see disembodied arrows floating at the other end of the theater. Sir Royce used his Cavalier’s challenge as a Swift action and double moved in pursuit. Feeling threatened, Barathrutus pulled out an arrow as a move action, and cast Scorching Ray. Three rays of flame struck Sir Royce, one of them critical. He took 59 damage from the 16D6 worth of flame. Ouch. He was still up, as Royce has the most hp’s of any in the group. Ellinghad approached to cast a Lightning Bolt, but again called no joy when the spell fizzled again Barathrutus’ resistance. Meanwhile, Master Yap directed his Spectral Hand towards the floating arrow, but it was still out of range. Gygax moved to Sir Al to check vitals to no avail, while Esilidor rushed towards Barathrutus.

Round 7 kicked off with Hyphen closing to striking distance, while trying to trip Barathrutus with the Hellfire Lash. The whip drew blood for 8 damage, but he failed to wrap it around the draconian. Lya attacked, but the arrows flew past with the miss chance of invisibility. Sir Royce then charged with the Lance of Huma, but the invisible foe again dodged. Like a cornered rat, Barathrutus took a five-foot step and unleashed another barrage of Scorching Rays that burned the knight for 30 damage. Still up, though. Amazing. Ellinghad returned with a well-aimed Fireball that finally made it past spell resistance for 58 damage. Sadly, Barathrutus exploded in spectacular death throes, as per the feat. The draconian’s body exploded, raining bone and magical energy on Sir Royce. Of course, Hyphen evaded. In the aftermath of the battle, Sir Royce lay bleeding out at -6 hp’s.

That was where we left it as this was an extra-long session that went eight hours. We actually game tomorrow, June 17. Stay tuned next month for Session 4’s write-up, and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by rogue; 06-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.

I feel like the arrows would have become invisible once they struck Barathrutus, but that's your call. At least nobody murdered Pitch like in my game. That mass suggestion was a pain in the ass for my guys!

Looking forward to what's next!
    Head Moderator &

Yeah, I have always played that way. Looking at the Pathfinder spell, only items tucked in pouches turn invisible. Its in the write-up!