Thread: The Echoes of Krynn "Alternate Timeline"

Default The Echoes of Krynn

Inspired by Trampas Whiteman & the War of the Darklance
    Blog seems to work best with Firefox not Explorer (Forces you to resize the page)

The idea for this alternate timeline campaign setting came from Mr. Trampas Whiteman and his works with the Darklance setting but our setting will be moving in another direction. Some aspects of the Darklance setting will be within our setting but out core setting will go in a totally different direction.

So, myself and five players sat down and began playing a Dragonlance adventure in an alternate timeline that I am working on. We currently have finished two sessions of over 10+ hours of play time. Everything has been recorded and a storyline has been written of each session. We are using core 1st edition rules with Unearthed Arcana as well. 2nd edition is used only for spells and magical items. We have a house rules section on our blog if you wish to see the actual rules we use.

I was not sure I would start sharing it because of my worries that my story telling skills suck lol but, my group wants me to share our game so here goes. If my story telling is horrible, I apologize in advance. (I am doing my best with the skills I have to work with so show some pity lol)

I will do a couple of links so you that are interested can read the build up plus the campaign storyline.Links are as follows .............

- The Campaign Blog & Adventure Journals Section

-
    The Campaign Introduction Storyline

- Adventure Introduction

- Party Members

Like I said, mostly we record our games and I do these journals mostly for myself and our group. We have a great time playing and I enjoy doing the journals even if I am not that good at writing lol I will post each games journal as I get them, and we just finished our second one. Most of the adventure is home brew, but throughout session one there is some of an actual adventure in it, but once session three starts, it's home brew from there on out.

PS: Any suggestions, feedback, thoughts and even criticism is welcome (and even asked for) If you find things wrong, please either post them here or PM me. If I don't find things I am doing wrong, I will keep doing them. So PLEASE leave feedback!
    Last edited by MaSQue; 02-16-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Got the journal up, hoping everything looks ok. As I said before, I am taking any and all suggestions, feedback, thoughts and even criticism.
    If you find things wrong, please either post them here or PM me. If I don't find things I am doing wrong, I will keep doing them. So PLEASE leave feedback!

Last edited by MaSQue; 02-16-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Session 2 journal is finally up. Had a time getting this thing done, between rewrites and blog site issues it has taken me a lot longer to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by MaSQue View Post
    Inspired by Trampas Whiteman & the War of the Darklance
    Blog seems to work best with Firefox not Explorer (Forces you to resize the page)

The idea for this alternate timeline campaign setting came from Mr. Trampas Whiteman and his works with the Darklance setting but our setting will be moving in another direction. Some aspects of the Darklance setting will be within our setting but out core setting will go in a totally different direction.

So since this blog is dead: is there any further information on Dragonhelms Darklance treatment somewhere on this forum?
    ---------
    Visit
    pixellance.eu for Pixellance or follow on https://twitter.com/Pixellance

Quote Originally Posted by BlancaB View Post
    So since this blog is dead: is there any further information on Dragonhelms Darklance treatment somewhere on this forum?
    Check out the Legend of the Twins sourcebook from Margaret Weiss Productions. It's available: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...-Twins-35?it=1
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Check out the Legend of the Twins sourcebook from Margaret Weiss Productions. It's available: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...-Twins-35?it=1
    Thx for the link but I already own this hardcover book and wanted the take of Trampas on the Darklance setting...
    ---------
    Visit
    pixellance.eu for Pixellance or follow on https://twitter.com/Pixellance

You can always contact Dragonhelm via private message.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by BlancaB View Post

eh, it's not totally dead so to speak. We had a horrible time with people joining/leaving our group it just destroyed the storyline of the adventure itself. I have since reformed my group (3 core players) and 1-2 maybe's so I plan to focus on the 3 core players and then if others join then ok.

The setting alternate timeline background is still intact, I plan to restart it from another direction and slowly work it back into the original adventure story without the group not knowing whats going on. http://saturdayknightsonline.blogspot.com/