Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VI: The Core of Corruption

Tahla looked on at her bodyguard in shock. "Your sister? She was aboard that Star Destroyer? Did she sense you?"
    Last edited by SuperBall; 10-16-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"A sister! Well, it makes sense now." Alsia thought to herself as she excused herself from the room. She had a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. She first went to the cargo hold and dragged her weapons to a smugglers hold. "Why did I bring all this crap?" She said to herself as she gently placed everything she except for the bryar rifle into the hold. Lastly, she wrapped her ancient lightsaber in its own hold. It symbolized everything the Pall line was, however, if there was one thing that defined a Pall more than even the force, it was survival. Reminiscing in her mind about her past brought her back to the present.

Out of one of her pockets she dug out her new id, it looked real enough: Meetra Shan. Although the name had a little meaning to her, it didnt look out of place with the billions of people in the Empire. Looking at the picture, she wished she would have cut and colored her hair, at least but with the Empire's advanced bio-metrics, it wouldn't have mattered much.

Triple checking the document one last time to make sure her license for the bryar rifle was included, headed back to the group. "So, the tracking device. Do you think ACE's man planted that? If it wasnt him, it would be someone back at the fleet." She let the implications hang in the air.

ooc: If I am finagling too much about the license for the rifle, I will edit.
    Last edited by elder; 10-16-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"She didn't," Kadrien said, sure he would have felt her focus if she had. "This time, at least."

"I know its too late to turn back, but this could complicate things," he explained. "She's dangerous, and her being here could only be trouble." He thought about what Shayle had mentioned with the tracking device. It was probably Ace's people, but what if it wasn't? What if she already knew they were here and she was going to be hunting them? He never remembered her sister failing on something she set her mind to.

"We have to proceed carefully," he said.

OOC:
    Kade is gonna store his lightsaber in his secret compartment: DC 30 perception to find. Everything else will go in the smuggling compartment. If someone is cool with it, I could break down his heavy blaster and someone with a better stealth could sneak the parts through. Shayle, maybe?

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Shayle knew this could get messy, but the smuggling compartments would make it easier.

"I think they might just inspect us and then let us go on our way, once through that we can retrieve our items. I'm just going to put everything in holds or now. Most everything I have is military issued and would raise questions for sure. If any of you are unsure about anything, put it away." Shayle said as he put all of his weapons, binders, stim sticks, and surveillance equipment in the smuggling holds... anything that could raise an eyebrow he put away. "Once everything is stowed, make sure your papers are in order. Know who you are, any hiccup could lead to more questions and the less we have to say the better. Questions?"

As always Shayle asked for input, if there was none then all they had to do was stick to the plan and all would work itself out... he hoped.

OOC: Shayle will put almost all of his equipment in the smuggling holds except his utility belt, datapad, medpacs, medical kit and surgery kit.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Default Cloudscape Platforms

While the others busied about hiding contraband, Tahla piloted the ship towards Coruscant’s atmosphere. The tight space lane didn’t allow much wiggle room for the approach vector. They came in on the giant city-planet’s night side, masses of lights winking in the darkness. Coruscant was a giant metropolis, with all natural landmarks long since covered over with 5,127 levels of city over thousands of years. Even the ocean towards the western hemisphere was artificial.

Crossing the meridian into daylight, the space lance brought them through into the infinite cityscape of Imperial Center. The sun glowed crimson as it started dropping behind the horizon. Tahla noticed its burning reflection off of thousands of speeders and ships crisscrossing the sky in unending lines. Impossibly tall metal and glass skyscrapers glowed with fire-like intensity in the setting sun.

Following the skylane, the Luck approached a tall spire flanked with dozens of vaguely cloud-shaped exterior landing platforms on a multitude of levels. Each was a massive cantilevered structure forming into a single bridge to the spire itself. This was Cloudscape Platforms. A female human voice politely came over the comm in greeting.

“Welcome, Alderaan Sunrise. Please find your landing coordinates at platform CP32L. Imperial Customs Agent Talee is awaiting your arrival.”

Tahla gently pulled the YT-1300 freighter into a lazy arc to land the ship at the designated platform. True to form, an Imperial officer in a drab green uniform awaited flanked by four figures in death’s-head white armor. As soon as the ship settled down, they approached the boarding ramp. Tahla lowered it, thinking it best to not keep the Imps waiting. Shayle, Alsia and Kadrien greeted the boarding party as the curt, angular man walked up the ramp to come aboard. His expression narrowed at Shayle and Kadrien, shifting to Alsia, the only human in the group seen thus far. He gestured behind and the four storm troopers took posts, two outside and two up the ramp, weapons at the ready.

“Good evening, I am Lieutenant Talee. Personal identifications and licenses please,” he asked cooly, eyes scanning the three before him and ship’s passageway leading towards the bridge. “I’ll also need to meet your pilot.”

Shayle handed over the ID cards and several licenses. Talee accepted them gingerly and poured over the information. The officer looked at a license, and his gaze settled over Kadrien.

“You, Zabrak! How did you get a restricted license for that armor? Your manifest says you’re merchants seeking to purchase cargo. Why would merchants need such heavy protection? What cargo are you purchasing?”

OOC: Superball, you can add Tahla to the scene at your leisure.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-20-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"This armor is to protect the most important cargo in the galaxy," Kadrien said with a hint of security guard swagger. "Me." Kade was so used to his armor that he had completely forgotten it would raise some questions. It was like a second skin to him.

"Things are rough out there, what with the terrorists and all. You saw that Nazren stuff? Can't be too safe, I say."

OOC:
    Let me know if/when die rolls are needed

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Alsia rolled her eyes at Kadrien comment but also inwardly smiled. "The pilot will be with us shortly. Last minute pilot business and all that..." She said neutrally. She then continued, "While we are waiting, would you happen to the POC information for a compliant against the space traffic controller. Just look at our ship, we were nearly killed." She said much more animated and waving her hand toward the damaged portion. "We had right of way in that lane." She concluded.
    Last edited by elder; 10-21-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Talee's eyes narrowed at the Zabrak's response, not even deigning to answer by only sharing a curt nod.

"You didn't answer my second question," he said, letting his words hang. "What cargo do you plan on taking on? As far as your ship, that is out of my jurisdiction. A patrol craft would have filed an incident report if you suffered an accident."

Talee's eyes drifted over everyone in the room, including the newly arrived Tahla.

OOC: Jake, nah that was a good choice of words. I won't need Deception on that.

Lt. Talee makes a Perception check: 1D20(4) + 10 = 14. Poop. Will burn a Force point (1)
    15 total. Talee sees nothing on their person.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-21-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Tahla came down the ramp after powering down the ship. She was tugging off a pair of gloves by the fingers to stuff into her belt.

"We're planning on taking on a cargo of droids. Hopefully labor models, if he can find a good price." She turned to Shayle. "Everything's buttoned up, sir."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Shayle nodded at Tahla. "Good, hopefully we're only here for a few days." He looked at the inspector. "We could have just gone to the Outer Rim to look for droids, but you never know what you're gonna get out there... especially with jawas." Shayle rolled his eyes at the word jawa. "Anyways, we came to Coruscant to buy quality droids. We may have to pay more but at least they won't break after a few days of labor, ya know?" Shayle gave the inspector a nudge and a wink. "Oh, by the way, do you know where we can find a reputable merchant?" Shayle knew he was being a little long winded but he thought it would be more suspicious if they didn't say anything.

OOC: Just in case... Deception 1d20(10)+15= 25 and Gather Info 1d20(10)+20= 30
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky