Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 320

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VI: The Core of Corruption

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    During the days in hyperspace, Shayle was antsy. For days he rummaged around the Luck, he was sure something was there. Something nagged at him, something not quite right, until on day 5 he found what he was looking for. The device was tucked away and well hid but his diligence proved well worth the aggravation. He took the device into his room and disabled it with a little luck, now when should he tell his companions? He was sure they probably thought him paranoid the last few days, but now he had his proof... he decided he would wait.

    Once they hit Coruscant space he decided to tell everyone about his discovery. "I know I should have come to you all with this sooner, but..."

    “Welcome to Imperial Center. All incoming ships must immediately contact Imperial Center Control or be subject to immediate search and seizure. Do not linger in this spacelane for longer than one standard minute without contact.”

    The voice from Imperial Command cut Shayle off, he should have done this sooner. As Tahla took the helm, he sat in the comm chair, still mulling over his discovery. As the Luck clipped the incoming vessel, Shayle swore as the shock almost launched him from his seat. He sneered, this was going to be a long mission. He took the device out of a pocket and put in between Tahla and Alsia.

    "I found this a few days ago. It's a tracking device. I disabled it but it was five or six days into hyperspace, whoever put it on the ship could easily track our trajectory to Coruscant. We have to be careful. Now, I'll go and inspect the damage." Shayle was a little annoyed but not at his team, at himself for not bringing this to light earlier.

    He went back to the engineering bay to assess the damage. Hopefully it wasn't too bad and if it was they could make it on impulse engines. Hopefully.

    OOC: Mechanics check 1d20(13)+13= 26
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 10-13-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,489

    Default Approach

    While Tahla gingerly coaxed the Luck to the given coordinates, Shayle went aft to engineering. The display registered damage to the ships’ control systems, but luckily a bypass would get her back in working order in about an hour. While Shayle started the repairs, the Imperial Systems Patrol craft came to their position, scanning both ships. After a few minutes a very bored voice came over the comm.

    “This is ISP-7759, no fault is given to either party due to high high volume of traffic. Sending the incident report now and filing with the Imperial registry. Please continue on to your established space lane. If you are unable to vacate this area, a tow ship will be hailed to your coordinates at the owner’s expense. Have a nice day.”

    A set of coordinates came to the SYSOP station, which Alsia quickly ran through the sensors. They came back with roughly two hours of taxiing before entering Coruscant’s atmosphere. In the ship’s current condition it was possible to get moving, but Tahla would have to coax the ship a bit to keep her on course. Not wanting to incur any fees, the jedi fired up the engines at quarter burn, rotating power to the thrusters so as not to further overload the system. It worked, the Luck now taking her place in the long line of ships moving slowly towards Coruscant.

    An hour of crawling approach and the lane shifted as the large planet finally came into view as a bright, distant orb. During this time several readouts for thrust and maneuverability went to the green, registering Shayle’s bypass as successful. When they landed the ship deserved some TLC, but full power was available for now.

    Now traveling more easily, pairs of TIE fighters passed on patrol and customs ships busied about scanning the large bulk transports. After another 30 minutes, a proximity alarm beeped as a very large ship exited hyperspace in the lane designated for military arrivals and departures. Reading the sensor log, Shayle’s expression fell as the Imperial transponder codes pinged a known signature. The Victory Class Star Destroyer Assiduous rocketed at full speed towards the planet. What were the odds?

    As the cruiser passed within 100 kilometers, Alsia, Kadrien and Tahla felt a questing presence in the Force, blanketing the area in search. To Kadrien, the presence felt…familiar.

    OOC: DC 25 Mechanics check, success. It will be an hour to repair the damage to the Luck.

    While under these conditions, Tahla will have to make occasional Pilot checks to keep the ship on course.

    Tahla Pilot: 1D20(16) + 19 = 35, success. Makes it into the space lane.

    Tahla Pilot: 1D20(10) + 19 = 29, success. Makes a course correction.

    Shayle Mechanics check: 1D20(14) + 13 = 27, failure.
    Taking the liberty of burning a Force point on your behalf, 6 = 33, success. I don’t normally do that but it’s warranted.
    The Luck heals 5 hp’s as well coming up to 111 hp’s.

    I need UtF checks to hide your presence from Alsia, Kadrien and Tahla. 
    Last edited by rogue; 10-13-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    Alsia was about to make note of Shalye's discovery when she felt the presence of the force roll over her like a tide. Although she still used her innate abilities rather than any training, she knew what was happening. She stared straight ahead and focused, tiny beads of sweat quickly formed as she concentrated. The tracking device found on the ship was insignificant to the power of the force, but it had given their hunters a good start.

    ooc: UTF: 1d20(15)+18=33 (force point) 2d8(8 , 2) = 33+8=41
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,381

    Default

    Tahla felt the sending energy, and recognized it immediately. She'd used a technique like it often, herself. The Jedi Knight took a deep breath, and focused on "buttoning down" her mind. If the searcher didn't recognize her potential in the Force, all was the better, but perhaps if she could at least appear to have a small, unfocused talent, she could escape notice all the same.

    OOC: UtF check - 1d20(12)+17=29. Force Point - 2d6(1,3)=3+29=32.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Kadrien had been staring intently at his falsified documents, trying his hardest to remember every little thing about them, when all of the sudden he felt a presence he had not felt in a long time. It couldn't have been anyone else, he knew. His sister was here, and looking for something, maybe even him.

    Kade had always been able to sense her, he remembered. Until recently he thought that was normal, that all siblings could do it. Now he realized it had been their latent talent with the Force. Whether she was waiting around the corner to jump him or watching from afar as one her "pranks" went off, he had always known she was nearby. Now that was exactly what could get them captured, killed, or worse.

    Kadrien closed his eyes and looked deep inside himself. Since he had been exposed to the Force it was like finally being able to see. There was so much out there he had never noticed before. That made him vulnerable and exposed now, however. He tried to remember what it had been like before, how his mind had been closed. He called on that feeling, drawing all his senses inside himself. He pictured a spot deep within his chest and imagined the whole of himself existing in that spot. Nothing would get out and nothing would get in.

    Kadrien held his breath, counting every second while waiting for the presence to either leave or focus on him. For the mission he knew one was better, but there was a guilty part of him that wanted another outcome as well. He had much to settle with his sister, but now was not the time.

    OOC:
    UtF:(17) +17= 34
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,489

    Default

    Seconds passed, then a minute. Soon after the Assiduous continued down the clear corridor towards Coruscant, bypassing civilian traffic. A collective sigh passed among the Force-sensitives in the cockpit. Shayle suspected something of a jedi nature.

    OOC: Everyone passed the DC25 check to hide themselves in the Force. Good job. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll move us in the morning.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,381

    Default

    Tahla kept her shaky hands still on the control yoke, moving the Beginner's Luck along its spacelane. "Did anyone else expect that to happen this soon?" She keyed the Comm to the dorsal gunwell. "Kade? Talk to me."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,489

    Default

    As the orb of Coruscant grew and brightened, Tahla realized it was another 30 minutes until their appointed descent to break atmo. If there was a time to discuss between the four, it was now.

    It also occurred to Shayle that standard Imperial procedure was to inspect all ships and their cargo when making port on any Core worlds. They had licenses for legal sidearms, but explosives and larger rifles would be a problem. The Luck's hidden compartments carried potential in smuggling anything illegal.

    OOC: Shayle DC10 Knowledge Bureaucracy, can't fail. The Imps will inspect the ship, including looking for personal weapons. Remember the Luck has smuggling compartments.

    Any weapons on your person that are restricted in nature will bring down the letter of the law. Keep that in mind.

    Also...feel free to discuss all the stuff! I like it when you all talk.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-14-2015 at 03:50 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,381

    Default

    Tahla kept one hand to the controls, and used the other to unclip the lightsaber from its d-ring on her utility belt, and slipped it carefully into the hidden sheath in her boot. It took her twice as long as it should have, single-handed with her off hand, but all that they had was time, out in the Black on approach.

    OOC: Stealth check to conceal Lightsaber: 1d20(13)+8=21+5(weapon size)=26+5(concealed holster)=31.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 10-15-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Kadrien scowled and got up from his position in the gun well. He had much to tell the group, and he wasn't happy about any of it.

    Making his way through the ship he finally took a seat in the cramped cockpit. "That presence..." he said, "I think-no, I know- that was my sister. I don't know why she's here, but it's not good for us. She's dangerous."

    Kade fell into silence, plagued by the past and unsure what else to say.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •