Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VI: The Core of Corruption

Tahla was humbled by this act of trust. when she'd met the Zabrak, trusting him had been a leap of faith, and this man had been her faithful bodyguard, her's, and...Trangle's. He had looked out for Trangle's, too, until the day her fellow Padawan companion had overstepped himself, lost in his own hubris. Over the past year, their relationship had matured and changed. Tahla had grown more capable physically, and through the Force. Now more than ever, she felt closer to an equal. She would cement that trust now. She felt his mind reach out and touch her's. A flood of warmth ran through her that she'd never be able to describe.

"There are words, and ceremony, but we need no pomp and frivolity, you and I. Do we?" It was a rhetorical question between friends, and needed no answer. "A Jedi must pass several Trials on their path to greater understanding. There is a Trial of Courage. Kadrien, you have always stood your ground, no matter the danger, no matter the odds, time and time again. Tell me why?"

OOC: To you, Jake.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Kadrien thought, quiet for a moment. "I was born in darkness," he said. It was a dramatic statement, but it was true. "Pain and suffering and strength were all I knew for years. But I always felt like there was more. It always felt wrong."

Kadrien thought back on those terrible years. But even more, he remembered being free of them, and the promise he had made to himself to never be like that, to always follow his own moral code."I realize it now, the call of the Light. It has been my duty to stand for what I believe in. And it shall be my duty from this day until my last."

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

She stifled the beaming smile of pride that she wanted to wear, at least until his final ordeal was passed. "There is a Trial of the Flesh." She stated. "Your body bears the scars of your many battles. When did you feel your death was truly at hand? How did it change you?" She asked the warrior.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"Many times," Kadrien said. "I fought the Inquisitor Draco, and I feared. I was part of the Battle of Concord Dawn, and I feared. I felt the cold of carbonite settle in, and I feared. I walked into the Cave to face the darkness within myself, and I feared then most of all."

"In every battle I have ever fought, I have feared. But I have never let it control me. Fear is normal and natural, but to give in to it is to die. This is what I have learned." He continued. "And of my own death, I have cared little. It is not the worst thing in this galaxy, not by far. But the possibility of abandoning those who need me, this is what death has taught me. I will not allow that. Never."

Characters:

The lightsaber that Tahla built with her own hands purred in the dim compartment. Her protector and companion had expressed himself with the same honesty and forthrightness that she had come to know as an unshakable part of him. Their minds swam together through the Force which surrounded everything. "There is lastly, a Trial of Spirit. You have faced the mirror many times, my friend, and many times you have mastered yourself." She paused here, realizing the ground that she was about to tread. She hoped that Kade would forgive her. "You faced the Empire's servant Nessa Soth, your sister, twice. Once in the throes of the Force, and once in the flesh. You didn't give in to temptation either time, but some longing, quiet part of you did. The darkness rests inside all of us, even myself." This was a point of no return, for either of them. "If I ever made that choice, my friend, would you kill me?"

"I will never let that happen," Kadrien said, shocked. "Together we will keep each other in the Light, and bring each other back if we must." He knew the danger was as real as Tahla said. They were constantly at risk, but perhaps together they could watch each others back. Just like always.

"Together," he said.

Characters:

Tahla extinguished her lightsaber, and the gloom of the emergency lights swept in, blanketing everything in the cargo bay once again. She clipped her blade to her belt, and settled her hands on Kadrien's shoulders. "Rise, Kadrien Soth. You have lived out your Jedi Trials, and overcame all tests: Courage, Flesh, Spirit, and Insight. By the Will of the Force, you have declared yourself a Knight of the Order far better than I ever could."

OOC: Nice job, Jake.

Kadrien stood up assuredly. He brought his lightsaber up and lit it. The angry bronze-orange glow filled the chamber, throwing dark contrasting shadows across his face.

"Thank you, Tahla," he said. "I won't let you down." He deactivated his lightsaber and the darkness returned, rushing back into the chamber. He placed one hand on Tahla's shoulder an squeezed, a simple gesture but one intended to convey what words could not.

"I think I have much to mediate on," he said as he gestured for her to lead the way out of the compartment. Their business was done. Kadrien Soth was a Jedi.

Characters:

While everyone else on the ship went about their routines, Alsia attempted to get rest. She dreamed of a dark tomb, filled with traps and dangerous enemies; of a cave filled with monsters that shrugged off both blaster bolts and lightsabers; of a mandalorian mask and silver sword; and at the end, a shade standing near its mortal burial place. She knew by instinct that it was her grandfather of thousands of years. Even in the dream she could feel the conflict of the light and dark tearing him apart. She reached out to him, and him to her. As their hands came inches to touching, a light began to grow behind the shade, increasing in strength and eventually consuming him, and waking Alsia. At the same time in another compartment of the Luck, Kadrien stood up having passed his trials.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Between dark and dreams and bright knighting ceremonies, it was still a major victory for the fledgling rebellion. With Gelnar Tor now in their custody, they had a fighting chance to defeat the new growing threat of the Super Star Destroyer. As the Beginner's Luck soared through hyperspace, it was a time to heal and prepare for battles ahead.

OOC: Roll credits. Please no more posting on this thread.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance