Thread: Dragonlance Quotable Quotes

Default Dragonlance Quotable Quotes

This is an archive of a WotC forum thread, but feel free to add to here as well. I will make sure that these all get entered into the Nexus 2.0 memorable quotes section.

Originally posted by wyrmblaster:

All these 22 quotes are all about profound lines, microcosms of characters, striking lines and some great literary descriptions by authors at their best! For sure there are others I failed to encode for I only started this hobby of mine just recently. You're all welcome to add. But be sure they are exceptionally crafted by the authors of Dragonlance.

• “The sighs of the wind through the willow branches and the soft evening songs of the finches mingled with the chuckling laughter of the stream to soothe away worried speculation about his brother’s odd behavior.”

[ATT align]Amber and Ashes[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Margaret Weis[//ATT]

[ATT align]The Dark Disciple, Volume 1, p[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

• “Consider the ant, though small they are mighty in unison,” the priest said. ….”Farewell, Porthios. You have yet a part to play.”* Putting his back to no place special, he made straight for nowhere worth going.

[ATT align]Alliances[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Paul B. Thompson & Tonya C. Cook[//ATT]

[ATT align]Elven Exiles Volume Two, pp. 14-15.[//ATT]

• “You want to know why?” Porthios hissed. “Sometimes there is no why! Sometimes there is only what fate delivers. When the gods left us, they didn’t take Fate with them. It stayed in the world cruel, capricious, and callous. It took away my life, but would not allow me to die. So here I am, caught between the two. Alone.”

[ATT align]Alliances by Paul B. Thompson & Tonya C. Cook[//ATT]

[ATT align]Elven Exiles, Volume Two, p. 106.[//ATT]

• They had played their role to perfection, keeping the nomads here, allowing the Speaker and their people to escape. They had one final gift to offer, to sell their lives as dearly as possible.

[ATT align]Alliances [//ATT]

[ATT align]By Paul B. Thompson & Tonya C. Cook[//ATT]

[ATT align]Elven Exiles, Volume Two, p. 236.[//ATT]

• “I have created the perfect soldier,” Chemosh fumed. “Impervious to pain. Ten times stronger than the strongest mortal. Unaffected by magic of any type. They know no fear. They can’t be slain. They would kill their own mothers. There’s just one problem,” He drew in a seething breath, “They are all idiots!”

[ATT align]******************************** Amber and Iron [//ATT]

[ATT align]The Dark Disciple, Volume 2, p. 242.[//ATT]

• Krell snorted, “She thinks she’s so smart. Let her command your sorry excuse for an army, my lord.” The death knight had no idea how close he came to being snapped in twain and tossed into oblivion. Chemosh contained his fury however.

[ATT align]Amber and Iron [//ATT]

[ATT align]The Dark Disciple, Volume 2[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 248[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

• “I feel the fear,” Eli Stan replied, “like a shadow over my heart, yet, my friend, shadows are caused by sunlight behind them. Others eyes look down on us and watch over us. It might be well to remind the people of that.”

[ATT align]Dragons of the Dwarven Depths[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman[//ATT]

[ATT align]The Lost Chronicles, Volume 1[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 307[//ATT]

• “The Theiwar targeted us,” said Sturm, gasping for breath. “They targeted Raistlin,” Tanis pointed out. Flint snorted. “I said the Theiwar were evil. I never said they didn’t have good sense.”

[ATT align]p. 327[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

• “Do you see no hope?” Tanis had asked. “Hope is the denial of realty,” Raistlin had said in return. “Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it.”

[ATT align]p. 19[//ATT]

10.* Ayshe said nothing. A weight settled in the pit of his stomach as he thought about Feystalen’s words.

What does it take to make a hero? Chance and will.

What does it take to make a coward? Chance and fear.

[ATT align]The Great White Wyrm[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Peter Archer[//ATT]

[ATT align]The Champions[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 42[//ATT]

11.* *“Hear me, Great Speaker! I am not going anywhere! Do you understand? You are cursed with me forever! We will cross this creek, battle ghosts and dancing lights and anything else that gets in our way, then plant every seed we’ve hoarded since leaving home. We will make this damned valley bloom, and then – “ She kissed him with fervor. “Then I will go to Qualinesti and return it to its rightful king!”

[ATT align]Destiny[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Paul B. Thomson & Tonya C. Cook[//ATT]

[ATT align]Elven Exiles, Volume 3[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 53[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

12.* Kern was a harsh, unforgiving place, especially in the drier, dustier regions in the southwest… The parched ground and jagged hills of brown rock that made up the landscape looked almost as if they thirsted, so marked was the absence of any trace, any hint, of moisture.

That would soon change…but it would not be water that drenched the land. It would be blood.

[ATT align]The Black Talon[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Richard A. Knaak[//ATT]

[ATT align]Ogre Titans, Volume 1[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 1[//ATT]

13.* On Hill dwarves and mountain dwarves:

Harn Poleaxe said, “…Down here, around Thorbardin, you have to remember there’s blood feud that has lasted more than four hundred years, since those treacherous mountain dwellers locked my ancestors out during the Cataclysm.”

Brandon Bluestone pointed out, “…There aren’t any dwarves around who were even alive back then!”

“No, but there are plenty who heard the tales from their folks and grand folks - those who actually did remember. And it’s a scar that runs deep – hasn’t even begun to scab over yet.”

[ATT align]The Secret of Pax Tharkas[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Douglas Niles[//ATT]

[ATT align]Dwarf Home 1[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 153[//ATT]

14.* Feal-Thas description and motivation of himself:

“I am this land (Ice Reach), High lord. I am ice. Feelings such as pity, love, compassion skate off my frozen surface. If I were to somehow find the way to touch the sun, I doubt if even its flames could thaw me.

What do I want? Peace. Solitude.* I want…”

[ATT align]Dragons of the Highlord Skies[//ATT]

[ATT align]**** The Lost Chronicles Volume II[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 163[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

15.* On the origin of kenders:

“We have as many different names as the people we meet.* We’ve been called go lighters, halflers, tweeners and wandeflok. Among ourselves we are just People, although the human horse riders call us ‘Kender,’ which in their tongue means ‘those who all look alike,’” The Longwalker said. “Which we don’t.”

[ATT align]The Forest King[//ATT]

[ATT align]By Paul B. Thompson[//ATT]

[ATT align]Tracy Hickman’s The Anvil of Time Volume 4[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 129[//ATT]

16.* As to high mage Astathan’s view on power and responsibility expressed to the Journeyman:

“Tomorrow I commit three students to hardship... perhaps even death. And they go willingly,” Astathan said. He shook his head. “What a burden that power is, that good men and women will die for you. How a terrible a thing, loyalty.”

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

[ATT align]Renegade Wizards[//ATT]

[ATT align]by Lucien Soulban[//ATT]

[ATT align]Tracy Hickman’s The Anvil of Time Volume 3[//ATT]

[ATT align]p. 44[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

17.* On Ladonna’s return to Palanthas:

Ladonna shifted uncomfortably on the rock. Palanthas was stripping away her crafted veneer, exposing the frightened little thing beneath.

[ATT align]p. 62[//ATT]

[ATT align]*[//ATT]

18.* As to the Solamnic knights’ handling of the Trade Caravan as it enters the Westgate door on the way to the High Clerist’s Tower and onto Palanthas as seen in the eyes of Ladonna:

“They’re robbing the caravan?” Par Salian asked shocked.

“Robbing? Of course not,” Ladonna said with a mischievous smirk. Encouraging, perhaps, but certainly not robbing. They “encourage’ caravan drivers to pay a tax to expedite the inspection. We heard about it all the time in Palanthas.”

“If it makes you feel better they give part of their earnings to the priests who maintain the tower’s temples.” Ladonna said. “Being good means committing the same sins but finding better justifications for them.”

[ATT align]pp. 90-91[//ATT]

19.* On shipmaster’s Thrack Greenstone’s reaction to the death threat of Dumas:

“I am looking for two women and a man, both injured. Where did you take them?”

You will remember,” the woman said, unsheathing her thin, glowing sword. “Or you will die.”

“Will I now? Well, lass, I make my living on the ocean, something no sane dwarf would ever do without getting drunk enough to knock Reorx down with his breath. So death threats don’t work on me. Now if you wanted to threaten me with coins. Well, coins, I find downright frightening. Especially the bronze and steel ones. Very scary.”

[ATT align]p. 238[//ATT]

20.* “We need you to search his robes.” Ladonna said. “You mean sleep with him?” Tythonnia said.

“Are we asking something you haven’t done already?” Ladonna asked. Tythonnia looked away, “No,” she admitted. “But still, to sleep with him in order to betray him…?”

“We all sell something of ourselves for magic,” Ladonna replied, her voice growing cold again, professional. “It’s what makes us wizards. It’s why we were chosen.”

“I know it seems like a terrible thing we’re asking,” Par Salian said. “But it’s the only way. Can you do it?”

“Yes,” Tythonnia whispered, “but I don’t have to like it.”

“I –“

“Shut up, Par Salian,” Tythonnia said. “Stop trying to make yourself feel less guilty than you should.” She turned on to her side, her back to them…

[ATT align]Tracy Hickman’s The Anvil of Time, Volume 3[//ATT]

[ATT align]pp. 243-244[//ATT]

21.* Iolanthe’s description of the Temple of Neraka while conversing with Raistlin Majere:

“Ugly as sin, isn’t it? Evil should be beautiful. It does so much more damage that way. Don’t you agree?”

[ATT align]Dragons of the Hourglass Mage[//ATT]

[ATT align]by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman[//ATT]

[ATT align]The Lost Chronicles, Volume III[//ATT]

[ATT align]Page 114[//ATT]

22.* “What did you think of her (Laurana)?” Kitiara insisted.

“She is everything you are, my sister, and all that you are not,” Raistlin said softly.

[ATT align]Dragons of the Hourglass Mage[//ATT]

[ATT align]by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman[//ATT]

[ATT align]The Lost Chronicles, Volume III[//ATT]

[ATT align]Page 242[//ATT]

Originally posted by Dragonhelm:

The Nexus has a Quote of the Day feature as well, which I'm going to expand upon in Nexus 2.0.* Should be a lot of fun.

I have a Forgotten Realm Quotable Quotes too! Shall I post it here? [IMG]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/IMG]

Dragonlance Quote #23: “Since when do we depend on mountain dwarves for wisdom?” Slate Fireforge asked…? “Since when do we depend on mountain dwarves to make our decisions or to decide our future? Hear me brave Neidar!”

*“We have here the chance to right ten generations worth of wrongs! I say we seize the chance, we gird ourselves, and we march to Thorbardin!”

[ATT align]The Fate of Thorbardin[//ATT]

[ATT align]by Douglas Niles[//ATT]

[ATT align]Dwarf Home, Volume III[//ATT]

[ATT align]Page 236[//ATT]
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Could you concise the quotes you have written with this thread? I did not understand the actual topic are being discussed here.This http://www.lordofpapers.com/paper-writers will let the people know about how they could get connected with the responsible people.