Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: RotR Chapter Three: The Hook Mountain Massacre

"Well, things are pretty hectic around here what with all the celebrating us," Gus said with a grin. "We might not be able to find you that stuff right away. Might take a day. Or four," he said with smug finality.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 09-01-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Lumi watched as the ranger endeavored to talk her friends into joining her on what would likely be another perilous mission. The lamia's body was barely cold, and already there was another crisis that needed immediate attention. Lumi slapped her hands on the table and stood abruptly. “I am all for joining you and helping however you need, as long as my friends here are also willing. I'm also certain that we have questions about it. But I can see all over your face that you're irritated by the fact that we are currently being celebrated. It makes me think that your fellows must be in desperate need, else you wouldn't be here soliciting help from people who you seem to disdain, judging by the contempt you've had on your face and in your voice since the moment we encountered you.” Lumi moved away from the table and waved down a waiter. “Be that as it may, I plan to drink my face off tonight.” Lumi turned to the waiter, put her hand on his shoulder, smiled her biggest, most charming smile, and said, “Good evening! I would like a round of whatever my companions here desire, and please be sure it is your best. We've had a rough few weeks, and I think we deserve a night off, don't you? We should be celebrating our survival and our friendship!” Lumi shook the waiter's hand, slipping him five platinum pieces as she did so. She knew nothing started taps flowing like good coin. Lumi turned away from the table and made entreaty to the crowd, “Will you help us celebrate, good citizens of Magnimar?” Lumi grinned at the resulting cheer from the crowd and turned back to the table. “How can you resist that?”

"Can't," Gus replied cheerfully to Lumi. He raised his mug and slugged back some beer, then slapped the empty vessel back on the table. "Come on Shalelu, relax. Have a drink. You look like you need two or three. Your old friends will still not be talking to you in a few days. Make some new ones before you don't have anyone to talk to at all."
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"Oh no bother, I sent a missive with money to Jimmy," Jack said. "The way that boy talks, the whole of Sandpoint would know in less than an hour."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"I see." She said. Shalelu stood, thronged by the cheering patrons all around her. "I'm leaving for Fort Rannick, then. I'll go afoot." She adjusted her belt, and pulled her cloak around her shoulders. "Enjoy your celebrity, my lords and ladies. I suppose that you'll catch up to me later, when you've had your fill of fame."

The Ranger turned her back on the Heroes, and slipped from the common room without a sound. She blended easily into the crowd of cheering citizens, and slipped unseen out into the overcast afternoon.

OOC: She feels passionately enough about the mission, that she's not staying another day. I'll roll with it. Let me know your next move, if you're going back to Sandpoint, or how much longer you intend to remain in the city.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Aiduin watched his companions make light of the situation. Obviously, the matter meant a great deal to Shalelu and although he thought another night wouldn’t hurt anything, she wasn’t of the same mind. Oddly enough, it was his sister’s words that spurred him into action. As the elf got up to leave, he made for her wrist but missed. He then turned to the others, “I will go with her. I will see you soon.”

Hustling after Shalelu, Aiduin called out after clearing the tavern and its teeming crowds, “Cousin, hold. I would go with you. The others will catch up when their business is done. What is your choice, horses or a boat? You decided that and I will try and get us on our way.”
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Shalelu looked shocked, after the display in the tavern. Her surprise split into a wide smile as she took Aiduin's hand in kinship. She quickened her pace through the streets of the Capitol District, headed into the lower city toward the river, and Aiduin matched her strides. "A boat is best, I think. It's more expensive than horses, but easier than the road. Come on!"

OOC: Aiduin and Shalelu are gone.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"Boat sounds good to me. Dont worry about the cost, it's on me. I am a celebrity after all." He said with a smile as he quickly matched her steps down to the riverside.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Jack took a final pull from his draught of whiskey when the others made to leave.

"I've had a week a to lick my wounds and celebrate in my own way," he said, standing up. "Enjoy the time as a hero. This city will forget you soon enough."

Jack then gave a curt nod and hurried off after Anduin and the elf.

OOC: Going back to Sandpoint is dumb. Count Jack in on the river boat.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Victaria watched the others go, her excitement at finally eating in this establishment ruined. "We c-c-can send the raven to the Sh-Sheriff," she said to Gus. "C-Come on, it's not r-r-right to split up after all this t-t-time."

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)