Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: RotR Chapter Three: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Default RotR Chapter Three: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Immediately Following The Knighting Ceremony

The Heroes of Sandpoint had been allowed to exit Serpent's Run well ahead of the dispersing sea of citizens who'd gathered to witness the spectacle of their knighting. Picking their way quickly through the streets of the upper echelon of Magnimar, they hurried into the Capitol District, to the Hall of Ushers. In the private sanctum of Magnimar's ruling council, they had a chance to rid themselves of the heavy, fur-trimmed ceremonial cloaks, and toast each other upon their victory and good fortune.

The Heroes left the Hall of Ushers in high spirits. They talked of their plans for the future, and fingered the bright silver medals dangling from wide ribbon around their necks. A long, wide set of stone stairs led from the ornate doors of the Hall down to the street. From somewhere below them, they could hear a woman's voice. It was heated, and argumentative, out of place on the quiet street:

"I don't care what day it is! I need to get in there! I don't give a damn who you are! I have to talk to someone! Right now!"

As they drew nearer to the street, the source of the agitated voice became apparent. It was indeed a woman. Thigh-high leather boots stamped the pavement impatiently. She wore a fine grey cloak over clothing dyed in the deep, rich hue of the forest. She carried no weapons, other than her sharp tongue, which she was currently using to torment what looked to them like a young, inexperienced clerk dressed in soft felt and slippers. Though she carried no weapons, the woman made emphatic gestures, with the fingerless gauntlets favored by archers. Waist-length blonde hair bobbed in time with her frustration.

Gus had stopped dead in his tracks, willing his legs to disobey his mind, and carry him down the stairs to no avail. His eyes drank in the aquiline features, flushed with anger, common to the Eldar. If he lived the rest of his days, until his teeth fell out and his eyes dimmed to uselessness, he would never be able to forget the face of Shalelu Andosanna: Elf maiden, ranger, and friend to Ameiko Kaijutsu.

OOC: Players Up!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

To his credit, Gus recovered from his stupefication quickly.

"Good morning, Beautiful," Gus said with a grin, his arms thrown wide in a warm greeting. "How might a knight of the realm be of service to a stunning elf warrior?"
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Shalelu whirled toward the sound of Gus' voice, and stood on the pavement in shock at the sight of he and his companions dressed in their finery. Her eyes narrowed, and the corners of her mouth turned down. She looked extremely agitated.

"The whole city is shut down, and I can't get an audience with the City Coucil, because you are being knighted? I can't believe that I'm saying this," Her words were seasoned with reluctance. "But I need your help."

OOC: Game On!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Victaria fidgeted, at first from being uncomfortable in her fancy dress clothes and then for other reasons. "Is A-A-Ameiko okay?" Victaria asked.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"She's as well as can be expected. She's still living with the priests at the Cathedral. This is something else entirely." She shot the clerk a lethal look. "Go away!" He scrambled off, almost tripping over his robe. "I need to travel on official business, but I can't get an audience with the Council, because you've created some kind of holiday. I can't requisition supplies, or buy a horse. I can't even book passage on a river boat. What did you do?"

"We traced the roots of that murder cult back in Sandpoint to here and wiped them out," Gus replied cheerfully. "What are you doing in Magnimar?"

Suffering a rare fit of manners, Gus glanced between Shalelu and his other companions, realizing no one had made any introductions - not even Old Man Fussbudget.

"Wait, do you know Lumi and Anduin?" he asked, gesturing to the half-elven twins. "They were a huge help in our investigation. This is Shalelu. I saved her during the goblin invasion of Sandpoint."
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 08-31-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Head Moderator &

"She tapped on her cloak clasp, a stylized black arrow. "I'm trying to get back to my old company. Magnimar sponsors them. I get letters, Gus. I haven't heard from them in more than a month. I've got a bad feeling, and no way to get there."

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Gus said very matter-a-factly. "But okay. We should continue this conversation at an establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. I need more of those."
    Head Moderator &

Shalelu's rolled her eyes at the archer. "Fine, but only because I'm starving. Lead the way."

"I've been in this city like two days and spent most of it fighting cultists and monsters in the slums," Gus said with a laugh. "Victaria! You're from here! Take to a bar with good food and drinks!" he said with a flourish of his hand.
    Head Moderator &