Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Fifth Quest - "Champions and Cutthroats"]

Beldyn was a bonfire of emotions. He had never met a black robe but he knew what they were, what they represented. If Ulin represented magic in its wild form, this witch represented it at its worst. If he had the authority, he would hunt every last one of them down...
    “Who's he? The Kingpriest?” Bhatair asked Ulin sarcastically, with a pointed look in Beldyn's direction.
    The statement brought him out of his own thoughts and he realized he had been squeezing his fists to the point of his own nails cutting his skin. Now, however, his face flushed a shade of red that rivaled its color in the cave in the literally god forsaken Krynn of Simone's. He was about to sputter something when Soth cut in.

Mastering his emotions, he signed the triangle to the dwarf "I am Brother Beldyn, cleric of the Platinum Dragon (The picture of a Platinum Dragon was so much more in his mind after the last world they had visited). And you, follower of the forge god. I see that you know my friends?"
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"No, just Ulin. The Wayfarer recruited us at the same time. Everyone else I'm meeting for the first time...brother," Bhatair said with a knowing look at the sorcerer. "And who might ye be?" he asked Luccia.

OOC-
    Bhatair, DC 25 Knowledge (religion) check (d20+9): 27. Succeeds. Recognizes Beldyn's name.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-28-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"I am called Luccia Tobe," She thought for a moment, unaccustomed to speaking with strangers that were savvy to her status as a traveler on the River of Time. "In my time, I was a Colonel in the Royal Ergothian Skyguard. This is Varin, my shalori and pleased we are to meet all of you." Luccia gave a polite curtsey and Varin echoed the sentiment lowering her beak to the ground.

Hearing of Ulin's 'mother' quite peaked the huntress' general curiosity, "What did you do in your time before Wayfarer tore you from your home?"

She posed the question to Bhatair but invited responses from each of them with her bright eyes. She wondered silently if her own name held some historical significance to any of the newcomers. Was she still to be from the earliest stretch of time amongst the group?
    ----
    OOC- shalori [Silvanesti]: beloved
    Last edited by Luthen; 05-28-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Usha cocked an eyebrow at the Half-Elf. She let her carved staff, Spellhammer fall into the crook of her elbow. "I was in the Library of Wayreth, about to divulge a list of 'forbidden tomes' to my apprentice. Seems like it's the only way to get them to read the important things..."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

“And speaking of important things,” the Wayfarer interjected with authority. “Now that we've established that no one is going to kill each other immediately, let's get down to why I've called you all here. All of you have had losses recently, some of them more...unfortunate...than others.”

The old man looked at Bhatair here. The dwarf grimaced and shrugged.

“Given the threat of my brother and the continuing effects of the damage he's caused in the River I thought it best I pool my resources for this next excursion,” the Wayfarer continued. “If you are the men and women I think you are then I believe we may be able to kill two goblins with one slingstone. Bhatair, could you tell the nice people what your group's been up to? I'll provide the visuals as necessary!” he said with a grin as he floated into place next to his crystal ball.

The Wayfarer's fingers hovered eagerly over the smooth, blank surface as the dwarf cleared his throat.

“Hmph. Alright. You've met the Marauder. Nasty piece o' work that one. He rather dramatically incinerated one o' ours our last time out,” Bhatair explained.

“I will not provide a visual for that,” the Wayfarer said flatly.

“I don't know if I'd mind,” Antog said under his breath.

“Aye, she was a nasty one. Not my favorite. Definitely crazier than Waylorn,” Bhatair agreed. “Oh, but not that Waylorn! We had a different one early on. Downfall replaced him,” he explained to Ulin.

“Bhatair, I would like to provide some visual aids soon.”

“Aye. We've been to the world the Marauder'd been trapped on -”

“Well, specifically the time loop I'd trapped him in.”

Bhatair rolled his eyes and stopped talking as the Wayfarer continued, completely forgetting to provide visual aids as he steam-rolled over the dwarf's part in this conversation.

“I couldn't bring myself to kill my brother as I told you once before, so I imprisoned him. I imprisoned him at the end of a world on the day that the mad god Raistlin Majere killed Paladine. I assumed a moment wouldn't be enough for him to act upon, but even a continuous string of interuppted moments does equal a span of time large enough for someone like my brother to act upon. My brother, in his increasing insanity, somehow found a way to escape my prison. Clearly this required insanity because I still have no idea what he did.”

“And then he found the tools to escape that dead world,” Bhatair interrupted. “Usha understands this part better than I do. Would you mind?” he asked the Black Robe.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Usha Majere gripped her staff once more. She paced about the chamber, her heels snapping against the smooth stone floor. "Even with all of my considerable resources, I couldn't discover a way for the Marauder to escape his bonds," she began. "How he escaped the time loop is as Bhatair said, the greater part of the Tale. Having failed, we were sent back further downstream to look for him." She stopped, and let the tip of her staff rest. "We didn't find the Marauder. We found my uncle Caramon dead on the road to Wayreth. The Kender Burrfoot was slain beside him. I believe that he took the Device of Time Journeying, and somehow used it to escape from the Last Days."
    Last edited by SuperBall; 05-28-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Beldyn had reached his breaking point for one day, he had heard enough, "Impossible! Impossible that Paladine could fall, would fall, to some pretender god. He is the father of gods, the God!" He said through clenched teeth. "I realize that in Simone's timeline he sacrificed himself for the world. But to fall in battle or to be killed by some upstart, impossible."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Usha watched the priest melt down with a sense of pointed amusement. "Not impossible. I watched it happen, Servant of The Dead God." She retorted, her voice dripping with cynicism. "He fell to no pretender, but to my father, Raistlin! Your god died at the hands of the most powerful Black Robe that the world has ever seen!"

Beldyn eyes formed daggers at the black robe, "Choose your words wisely servant of evil. Your lies mean nothing to me but they could be the end of you."

"And yet he still reigns strong on my Krynn," Ulin said quickly to diffuse the situation. "It doesn't matter, please keep going...."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance