Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Fifth Quest - "Champions and Cutthroats"]

Ulin suppressed a shudder at the implications of the woman crooning and purring like a cat in heat. His golden eyes met a set of almost identical twins.

"You realize that in another fork of the River, you're my mother, right? A bit older, yet still," he said flatly. "Another irony from the Wayfarer..."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

A look of surprise washed over Usha's face. The wizard wasn't accustomed to being caught out unknowing. Her thin fingers tightened around her staff. "Really?! Well, well...good for me, I suppose."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Ulin smirked but said nothing. Perhaps there was a bit of his mother in this woman. Time would tell.

The half-ogre laughed suddenly, startling everyone, when he heard Ulin declare that Usha was some version of his mother. Smirking, the big warrior fell silent again watching the rest of the exchange in bemused silence.

The banter between Ulin and the wizard was muffled noise to Loren, lost in his sacred reverie with his goddess. He was relieved to discover only a single faint aura of wickedness coming from the group of strangers. In another moment he would no for sure who he needed to be wary of, but in his heart he already knew the answer...

OOC -
    Loren detects evil for 2 rounds. He detects a single faint evil aura coming from the group of strangers. Another round and he'll know where it's coming from.

Keep talking guys! This is fun!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Golden eyes narrowed to slits as Usha twisted to regard the half-Ogre. two words in the guttural tongue of the Ogres fell From her lips like stones.

"Dresag Kahouk..."*

OOC: *Kolshet language - "Keep laughing..."
    Last edited by SuperBall; 05-27-2015 at 07:44 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

The tattooed Elf quickly stifled his own chuckling, leaving the Half-Ogre to face Usha's scrutiny alone.

Looking about the room, there were many sigils and religious symbols that, while weren't all familiar to him, gave him the impression that this new group wouldn't be as fun as the one he had recently joined. One man in particular seemed to be silently judging them from afar. He offered the man an apathetic smirk before focusing on the amusing drama that continued to unfold at Usha's expense.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

“Really?” the half-ogre rumbled back at Usha in Common.

Loren snapped back to reality as the dwarven priest of Reorx told the wizard and the half-ogre to simmer down. He now knew the true character of the woman in the black cloak. The others were not evil in the eyes of Mishakal, but this woman Usha was a sinner.

However, the aura about her reminded him of the grimy, petty feeling he felt surrounded by the trifling indiscretions of the people of Ravenscar. There might still be hope for this Mistress Usha. He wondered if Beldyn's judgment would be so lenient. He was prone to strong moral reactions. The cleric of Paladine had been silent so far. Bhatair had noticed this as well.

“And who might ye be, brother?” he asked the other priest.

OOC -
    Loren, DC 15 Knowledge (religion) (d20+11): 17. Succeeds. Recognizes Bhatair as a cleric of Reorx.
    Bhatair, DC 15 Knowledge (religion) (d20+9): 28. Recognizes Beldyn as a cleric of Paladine.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-27-2015 at 08:49 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Loren withdrew his hand from his sword, slightly ashamed at the reaction. He had many reasons to distrust those who wore the black robes, but Mishakal was the mother of mercy and she showed him that though wicknedness was there, so too was the possibility of redemption. At least the others were not tainted like the wizardess. Who was apparently a version of Ulin's mother. It was all too much.

Though the dwarf had spoken to Beldyn, Loren felt he had been silent long enough. He bowed stiffly and said, "Greetings, fellow travellers. I am Loren Soth. Well met."

To the Wayfarer he turned and said, "Exactly how many little groups do you have out there doing your dirty work?" It did not sit well with Loren that the Wayfarer kept those of evil hearts in his employ. Loren had thought he was doing good work, but now he was not so sure.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"Doing dirty work?" the Wayfarer asked innocently. "Just the one. Changing the course of the River sometimes requires a heavier hand. Not everyone can be a hero every day, Loren."

Bhatair, however, was staring at Loren wide-eyed.

"Um, yes. Loren Soth. Nice ta' meet ya'. Again. This time," the dwarf said, trailing off muttering to himself for a moment before he spoke up again. “Who's he? The Kingpriest?” Bhatair asked Ulin sarcastically, with a pointed look in Beldyn's direction.

OOC -
    I would like to let elder and Luthen weigh in on all of this before the Wayfarer starts his briefing!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-27-2015 at 11:15 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Ulin only nodded his head from side-to-side in a "not now" gesture to Bhatair.