Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrath of the Righteous - Planning [Invite Only]

yer tattoo gives you +1 cl on conjuring, so it lasts an extra round
    and they get dr

grease is ok... but summoning stuff is pretty awesome

extra critters to soak up attacks, plus extra damage

Honestly, I'm never a big fan of things that last rounds/level at 1st or 2nd level when there are tons of spells that last minutes or have an immediate impact. Taking a full round to summon something at first level that's only going to stick around for 1 round seems kinda pointless to me. Just because you don't use a power at first level doesn't mean you're wasting it. Summon Monster will be much more effective at later levels.

I'd look at an offensive spell since you have a defensive one in Mage Armor... like Magic missile, Color spray, Chill touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking grasp, Sleep... That's just my two cents.

Edit: sorry, didn't notice the Tattoo feat so they last an extra round... still, I'd wait til 2nd level to take summon monster 1... again, that's just me.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 02-25-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Default Sorcerer's be Tripping

So I've never played a sorcerer before. Usually if I play an arcane it's a wizard. So what's weird about sorcerer is that I won't get a third 1st level spell until 3rd level. At second level I'll get another cantrip. Even with the alternate favored class benefit of human, I'll get a bonus spell known, but of the level 1 below the highest I can cast so... cantrip..

So by the time I get a 3rd 1st level spell... at third level... I'll also get my first blood line spell.. but will have... 8 cantrips (which can be spammed to infinity)..

Spell choice is SO important and tricky.. LOL..

That's why I was thinking grease, or sleep, charm, color spray.. etc for versatility..
    Krieger Kegsplitter, male Neidar Cleric 9 of Reorx (luck, strength(resolve)) - Hourglass in the Sky
    Celtar Wardenson, male human sorcerer (celestial bloodline) 4 -Wrath of the Righteous

Default Celtar's Background

Raised in an orphanage, Celtar grew up with the knowledge that both his parents were fallen Riftwardens. Like many of the children at the orphanage, Celtar created elaborate fantasies about who his parents were, the heroic deeds they accomplished, and the final events that caused them to pay the ultimate price. Sometimes Celtar would dream that he fought side by side his parents, slaying armies of Hellspawn with his arcane might.

The trouble was, Celtar did not even know the names of his parents, let alone who they were, and he did not necessarily have arcane might. True, strange things did happen in his presence. Sometimes when the book he wanted was at the far side of the room, the book would float to his side. Other times, Celtar seemed to radiate static electricity.

For several years, Celtar just thought of himself as a weirdo. After all, he did have an strange birthmark on his right forearm. The other children never really bothered him about it, because several of them had similar marks. What was different though, was that Celtar's had a definite shape. It was in the shape of what Gnimble, the gnome teacher at the orphanage, called a "Sigma". It's most mundane use was in mathematics, a subject Celtar excelled at. It was used as a symbol for summing several individual parts.

On his seventeenth birthday, Celtar woke with a splitting headache. As the day progressed, he soon forgot his headache, as the other wards all offered their well wishes. Birthdays were a big deal at the orphanage. It was the day that the wards were issued new clothing and they always received one present. Celtar received a book, a book in a strange language.

Celtar took the book back to his room and began thumbing through it. The writing was indecipherable or so it seemed. The more he began to look at it, the more he began to understand. But also, the more his head hurt. Celtar began to realize that the book was written in the language of angels. The book described the battles of good versus evils and all of the weapons used in the fight, including magic.

There was magic gifted by the gods of course. Celtar already knew about that. There was a group of novices dedicated to Abadar who looked after the orphanage, seeing it as their sacred duty to support the children of the fallen warriors.

The book also described a different kind of magic. Magic that came from with in. As he thumbed to the last page, the searing pain in his had climaxed and a ball of green energy shot forth, and hit the wall. On impact, it splashed as a liquid, and began dissolving some of the wall.

Reaching up to his forehead he felt something . He found a mirror and stared at his face. In the middle of his head was a mark. It was similar to the birth mark on his hand, but also different. But it was shaped like a Sigma.

In shock, Celtar looked down at the book, reading its title for the first time. It read "The Sign of the Seeker's Spiral". Seeing the damage he had done and becoming more and more afraid of what he was, Celtar grabbed the book and the rest of his few possessions and bolted from the orphanage.

Celtar spent a year wandering the streets of Kenabres, learning everything he could about being a sorcerer and the Riftwardens. He found odd jobs around down, barely earning enough to keep him in food, shelter, and clothes.

On his 18th birthday he decided to return to the orphanage to let them know he was well. As he approached the orphanage Celtar's heart began to sink. The building was on fire. The local fire brigade was there and were doing their best to control the situation. Celtar was sure they would succeed. He edged his way forward as close as he could. He wanted to see everything; to take in the whole scene.Take it in he did. As he approached he saw something drawn in to the dirt in front of building. It was a 10 ft wide symbol. It was, of course, a Sigma.

Krieger Kegsplitter, male Neidar Cleric 9 of Reorx (luck, strength(resolve)) - Hourglass in the Sky
    Celtar Wardenson, male human sorcerer (celestial bloodline) 4 -Wrath of the Righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Henrad View Post
    So I've never played a sorcerer before. Usually if I play an arcane it's a wizard. So what's weird about sorcerer is that I won't get a third 1st level spell until 3rd level. At second level I'll get another cantrip. Even with the alternate favored class benefit of human, I'll get a bonus spell known, but of the level 1 below the highest I can cast so... cantrip..

So by the time I get a 3rd 1st level spell... at third level... I'll also get my first blood line spell.. but will have... 8 cantrips (which can be spammed to infinity)..

That's why I was thinking grease, or sleep, charm, color spray.. etc for versatility..
    color spray and sleep are boss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrad View Post

Trust me I know... Just got done playing a sorcerer in the Skull and Shackles AP with my home gaming group. Played her from 1st to 16th. I know how important it is to pick spells that your stuck with... but the option to swap a spell at forth level and every even level afterwards is nice. My sorceress was focused on enchantments mostly, so she was stuck with Shield and Charm Person for two levels... I know your pain! hehe

In that case then I might keep Summon monster 1... Even now they last for 2 rounds, get DR, soak up some damage. Plus as a sorcerer you can just keep summoning every round! Lol
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Hey Henrad, I was looking over your character sheet and I noticed something. I think you forgot to add you favored class bonus... either extra hit point, skill point... OR... which could ease you problems... as a human you can pick an extra spell!!!!!

I'd go extra spell.

Yeah... More spells!

That's epic for a sorcerer

I always want Grease to be awesome, but I've only had it work once... But its was epic... Mounted fighter totally ate dirt along with their mount

Another thing I forgot... there's a feat called Arcane theory (?), I think, that allows sorcerers to add 2 spells of their lowest levels or 1 spell of their highest... throwing out more options! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spasseltock Nimblefingers View Post
    Hey Henrad, I was looking over your character sheet and I noticed something. I think you forgot to add you favored class bonus... either extra hit point, skill point... OR... which could ease you problems... as a human you can pick an extra spell!!!!!

I'd go extra spell.
    I read that alternate mf or favored class... But thought that it had to be a bonus spell 1 lower than the higher I can cast. Which is what lead me to choose an extra cantrip. Did I do it wrong? Cuz an extra 1st level spell would be hella cool.