Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 553

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode V: The First to Strike

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Resurgence Hangar

    Tahla made her way to the hangar in expectant glee. When she finally exited the turbolift and hung a left into the bay, there was the ship. It didn’t look all that different. Senior Chief Horton was tooling with it, positioning a few nodules that looked like banks of maneuvering jets. As Tahla approached, he looked up from his work.

    “Hey there Angel. She’ll be much more maneuverable in a fight,” he said with a smile. “Kayl..I mean the CHENG* spent the better part of two weeks retooling the shield generator. It’s working at 125 percent output now.”

    Though she was happy, Tahla caught the chief’s slip. The scuttlebutt was Horton was sweet on Lieutenant Commander Kaylee Frye. The worst stories had them spending time together in the maintenance compartments after working hours, but those were just the standard ship rumor mill.

    OOC: CHENG = Chief Engineer

    More posts to come.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    SpyNet Dealings

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    "These jedi. Tell me of them. So many of their kind dead or gone bad...the whole Galaxy is in turmoil. With all the evidence, they seem to be most at fault," Fey'lya said flatly.
    Shayle wasn't sure of the answer the Councilor wanted. He knew it was best to answer honestly, so he did.

    "Well sir, from what I've seen they are great allies. I would trust Tahla and Kadrien with my life. But..." There was always a but. "... They don't always practice their teachings. No patience and anger got Trangle killed. Tahla also needs patience and she seems to have an attachment to Bran, the jedi who stands trial. Kadrien is still learning but he is reckless. In our last mission, I did learn Captain Alsia is of the Pall lineage, she is one to watch."

    Again Shayle shifted in his chair. It seemed to get smaller and he was a bit uncomfortable. The life of an agent. "But..." Again the but. "... They are my team and I wouldn't trade any of them. We have been through a lot together and know each other well. All in all, I think the jedi are trusted allies, allies SpyNet needs." Shayle watched for any reaction in the Councilor.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 01-10-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,490

    Default In the Hanger Bay

    Tahla smiled warmly at the Chief. Though she heard his words, the Jedi Knight couldn't take her eyes off of the starfighter, resting on the deck on its landing struts. While she listened to his report on the fighter's modifications, she drank in the sight of it. It had the same flat, sharply pointed, arrowhead hull of every other Delta-7 she'd ever seen, but the bubble cockpit sitting up high over its twin engines was elongated to accommodate another trainer seat. It was also fitted with a hyperdrive, which circumvented the need for the externally mounted engine rings, which had a nasty habit of being stolen by salvage crews, or destroyed in combat situations. It was, in point of fact, one of the rarest starfighters in the galaxy.

    "Anton," she breathed, eyes locked on the tiny vessel, "This is wonderful. Thank you." She inclined her head to the technician, a gesture of appreciation. She noticed the Chief's slip, nearly betraying a familiarity for the Resurgence's genius engineer. She'd heard the rumors of course, just like anyone who'd spent any amount of time on the flight deck. Tahla ran one hand along the hull. It had been brushed smooth, and cleaned until it gleamed.

    "It must be very hard to work with something so beautiful, and never get the chance to fly."

    The statement hung heavy between them, weighed down with a different intention.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 01-11-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Kade watched Tahla go, hoping she was doing okay. It would certainly be a stressful day ahead but he knew she could handle it. The best thing for her would probably be some time alone so he let her go. Instead he turned to Master Thorla.

    "What would have happened to Bran under the old Jedi Order?" Kade asked.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Beginner's Luck Cockpit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    ACE took the woman's soft meaty hand in his cold metal one and shook it.
    No sooner had the two taken hands, did the indicator at the SYSOP station buzz an incoming transmission.

    OOC: Did ACE want to allow Alsia access to this exchange or not?
    Last edited by rogue; 01-12-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default SpyNet Affairs

    Quote Originally Posted by Spasseltock Nimblefingers View Post
    SpyNet Dealings
    "Well sir, from what I've seen they are great allies. I would trust Tahla and Kadrien with my life. But..." There was always a but. "... They don't always practice their teachings. No patience and anger got Trangle killed. Tahla also needs patience and she seems to have an attachment to Bran, the jedi who stands trial. Kadrien is still learning but he is reckless. In our last mission, I did learn Captain Alsia is of the Pall lineage, she is one to watch."

    Again Shayle shifted in his chair. It seemed to get smaller and he was a bit uncomfortable. The life of an agent. "But..." Again the but. "... They are my team and I wouldn't trade any of them. We have been through a lot together and know each other well. All in all, I think the jedi are trusted allies, allies SpyNet needs." Shayle watched for any reaction in the Councilor.
    "Major, I want you to think on my words a moment," Fey'lya said, his fur again rippling in annoyance. "Under the jedi's watch, the Empire was formed by a Sith who now has functional control of the Galaxy."

    "Though not public knowledge, his right hand is a jedi traitor who reportedly kills on a whim; be them other renegade jedi, Imperial servicemembers or citizens," he continued, implicating Darth Vader. "The fault is their's for not seeing this. Now we are picking up the pieces. It will be a long journey filled with the deaths of many innocents."

    "Now I ask you, would you want the jedi leading this fledgling rebellion after considering the implication of repeating history...?"

    The Councilor trailed off, his eyes roving over Shayle's face for reaction.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-13-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default The Little Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "What would have happened to Bran under the old Jedi Order?" Kade asked.
    Master Vhiin sighed and answered after brief hesitation.

    "A team of experienced jedi would be dispatched to deal with him. If redemption was out of the question, then they would end the threat," he said.

    "I am of the understanding that you met Bran on multiple occassions, yes? He would not have last past the first, especially if he murdered jedi. If Bran was taken in peacefully, the Council would determine a punishment. It still could be death, depending on the severity of the circumstances..."

    "Regardless, as Tahla has left and I won't have a chance to speak with her, I wanted to share the details of my vision," he said, his tone again lightening to one of contained excitement. "Please, ask any other questions of the hearing though. Clear away your worry."
    Last edited by rogue; 01-12-2015 at 03:52 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Resurgence Hangar

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post
    "Anton," she breathed, eyes locked on the tiny vessel, "This is wonderful. Thank you." She inclined her head to the technician, a gesture of appreciation. She noticed the Chief's slip, nearly betraying a familiarity for the Resurgence's genius engineer. She'd heard the rumors of course, just like anyone who'd spent any amount of time on the flight deck. Tahla ran one hand along the hull. It had been brushed smooth, and cleaned until it gleamed.

    "It must be very hard to work with something so beautiful, and never get the chance to fly."

    The statement hung heavy between them, weighed down with a different intention.
    Anton Horton smiled again, clearly only gruff during times of business and "his birds."

    "Well Angel, it's like this. I tried to be a pilot and didn't make it. So fixing them up was the next best thing," he said.

    Though an intelligent man, Horton was still a man, and Tahla's dual-meaning flew over his head much like the Z-95's patrolling the fleet.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Kade did his best to hide his surprise. Most of his knowledge of Jedi came from Tahla and she had never given him the impression that they would consider execution. It didn't really matter though. Bran was facing a military tribunal, not a Jedi one. He forced thoughts of the trial from his mind for now.

    "I have none, master," Kade said. He could feel Thorla's excitement and his curiosity was piqued. He walked up to the viewport, looking out into the deeps of space. Whatever Thorla had learned, it was something to do with all the mess out there. "Please, tell me what you have seen."
    Last edited by jake; 01-12-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "I have none, master," Kade said. He could feel Thorla's excitement and his curiosity was piqued. He walked up to the viewport, looking out into the deeps of space. Whatever Thorla had learned, it was something to do with all the mess out there. "Please, tell me what you have seen."
    Thorla caught the apprentice's surprise but let it be. He had no more questions, so it was not his perogative to further instruct a nonexistent point.

    "I saw a planet, green and life-giving. A star destroyer orbited it. On it is the information we seek," he said, a far-off expression on his face. "The vision tells this tribunal is not the only reason the leaders came to meet. We must trust in the Force..."
    Last edited by rogue; 01-12-2015 at 03:53 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •