Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode V: The First to Strike

Kadrien nodded his head in acceptance. If anyone could tell if Bran's redemption was true it would be a Jedi Master.

"What do you think will happen to him, Master?"

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Default The Little Temple

"It is difficult to tell," he answered. "I feel conflict from the senators, some with ill will, and others more forgiving. At the very least he'll receive a fair trial. We must have hope."

Thoorla again smiled, this time a tad more sympathetic.

"He and Draco captured me, you know," he said finally. "I was quite injured...regardless, I have full confidence in him casting away the darkness. I must ask you both to be mindful of your thoughts and feelings while testifying. I sense that some will try to twist your words if you show too much support..."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default In The Little Temple

Tahla was appalled. "Master, how could we not? He is one of us. Our numbers have dwindled down to practically nothing, the once-valiant that remain cower in dark corners of the galaxy, and Bran Kota is redeemed, by your own admission, and by mine. I bled for Padawan Kota. I killed to preserve him. I fought for his destiny, and none would have showed him the path back to the light but me. Who are these politicians to say whether or not he lives or dies? Before the Clone War, the Jedi Order were apart from the rule of secular law. After the War, should we not be again?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

SpyNet Dealings

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    “Greetings, Major Wist’lya,” he said calmly. “We can speak freely here. Please report your findings of Project Sarlacc. I’ve read the report, but I want an honest opinion of the status and how close we are.”
    Shayle nodded. "Councilor." He said, with a smile of approval on the Councilor's shrewd surveillance technique. Shayle took his seat and folded his hands in front of him. So that was it, he wanted to hear it from the Bantha's mouth. Of course he did, reports could be forged or doctored.

"Well sir, honestly... I don't know how close we are. We have several theories, but nothing concrete. Just recently I was informed by the jedi who have been in touch with the force that they believe it to be a ship. One of massive proportions. It would make sense with finding the tibanna gas transaction and all the slaves. But of course this is just another theory although I have come to trust the judgement of the jedi." Shayle shifted in the chair not sure if the Coucilor shared his same opinion of the former keepers of peace.

"If we could somehow get documents or plans from a shipyard, or possibly infiltrating an Imperial stockyard we might be able to come up with something more substantial." Shayle raised an eyebrow wondering if Councilor Fey'Lya had some other idea up his sleeve.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Default The Little Temple

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post
    Tahla was appalled. "Master, how could we not? He is one of us. Our numbers have dwindled down to practically nothing, the once-valiant that remain cower in dark corners of the galaxy, and Bran Kota is redeemed, by your own admission, and by mine. I bled for Padawan Kota. I killed to preserve him. I fought for his destiny, and none would have showed him the path back to the light but me. Who are these politicians to say whether or not he lives or dies? Before the Clone War, the Jedi Order were apart from the rule of secular law. After the War, should we not be again?"
    "Bran is no padawan," Thorla answered, his smile wavering. "And the answer is no. We are lifeforms. There is truly nothing raising us above anyone else. That was a prideful vanity of the old Order. The Force lives through all. We are just more sensitive."

"It's perhaps that type of thinking that led us down the path to darkness, blind to the veil of the Emperor. Anyway, these are my opinions. Take what you will from them," he concluded, voice lightening.

"You can plea your case on the stand as part of the justice system. I'd counsel against saying such, but you are a jedi knight, and your words carry weight within the Resistance."
    Last edited by rogue; 01-08-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Default SpyNet

Quote Originally Posted by Spasseltock Nimblefingers View Post
    SpyNet Dealings
    "If we could somehow get documents or plans from a shipyard, or possibly infiltrating an Imperial stockyard we might be able to come up with something more substantial." Shayle raised an eyebrow wondering if Councilor Fey'Lya had some other idea up his sleeve.
    The Councilor nodded, his fur again bristling, but this time in approval.

"Good, you'll get your chance. You've done adequately here, Major. I am considering expanding your duties," he said cryptically.

From there the Bothan shifted the conversation.

"These jedi. Tell me of them. So many of their kind dead or gone bad...the whole Galaxy is in turmoil. With all the evidence, they seem to be most at fault," Fey'lya said flatly.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-08-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Tahla made her courtesies to her Master, gave a shallow bow at the waist, and took her leave. There would be much to do before she was needed to give testimony. Tahla strode through the Resurgence's corridors with purpose. She acknowledged passing crewman, but made a beeline for her quarters. She didn't feel much like socializing today.

She re-entered the sparse living space that she'd been given by Captain Verana. She'd been a cold, hungry, homeless vagrant on Coruscant's underbelly. She'd lived in a rack aboard the Beginner's Luck that was the size of a coffin. Even a room as small as this, with a lock on the door and a refresher of her own, felt like a palace to her. Tahla was deeply indebted to the frigate's Master and Commander. She'd stripped off one of the jumpsuits that she usually wore, and endured a cold shower. There had been issues with the heat in this section of the ship the past couple of days. She made a mental note to razz the younger engineers about it the next time she was in the mess hall.

Tahla opened the small wall locker, pushing aside the half-dozen powder blue jumpsuits in favor of a different garment. She couldn't just dress and go. Today, she wasn't just Tahla Joona. She was a celebrity in the Fleet. She was a Jedi Knight. She was a symbol, and she would have to look the part. When she'd fled the Temple, Tahla only had the clothes on her back: a traditional Jedi robe, chosen for the special occasion of visiting the Jedi Temple on Coruscant a year ago today. The quartermaster aboard the Resurgence had done her best to mend it, and had taken great care to keep the clothing intact. Tahla put on the lightweight cream-colored tunic and underskirt, taking great care to fasten and tie everything into place before adding a darker tunic. The outer robe was a rich brown color, with wide sleeves and a full skirt. Her lightsaber hung proudly from the belt at her waist, and her Padawan's weapon was tucked into the hidden holster in one tall boot. Long, golden-blonde hair was braided and wrapped into a bun before she was through.

Tahla looked every inch the image of a Jedi Knight, and she hoped that this would play into her favor during the hearing. She hardly recognized herself. It took several deep breaths to get out of her quarters. She headed for the hanger bay. She needed to run a preflight inspection before transferring to the Peregrine, and she was interested in having a closer look at the modifications that Lieutenant Commander Frye had made to the Aethersprite upon her request.

OOC: Headed to the hangar bay, to have a look at my baby!
    Last edited by SuperBall; 01-08-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default The Beginner's Luck

Quote Originally Posted by elder
    "Your offer is tempting and I am keen to accept it but I wanted to make sure we both understand what we are doing. Two things I want you to understand completely. First, I am not a Jedi or a Force user. I do have some innate abilities but do not harbor thoughts of snapping the necks of your enemies with a thought for theatrics. Second, the Jedi are off limits. I am an Antarian Ranger for the time being, and the Jedi are of use to us both during this time of chaos. Being that you are associates with them, I don't think this will be a problem."
    ACE let the captain finish, hands resting casually on his blasters while he listened. The last few weeks had been good to to the new droid crime boss and his appearance reflected it. His battle-scarred old gray duster had been replaced with a long silky gray coat with a sharply pressed collar and shiny black buttons. His exterior had been buffed to a bronze and cerulean shine for the day's events. However, his bandolier and holsters were the same worn leather he'd always worn with the same trusty array of explosives and deadly blasters.

“I have. No quarrel. With. The Jedi,” ACE replied, almost curtly given his unique way of speaking. “Being. Able to. Thrust. Someone. With. A lightsaber. Who. Doesn't mind. Getting. Their hands. Dirty. Once. In. A while. At my. More. Persistent. Problems. Is all. I. Really. Need. You'll. Be paid. For those. Instances. When they. Arise,” he continued. “And. Don't worry. I wouldn't. Ask you. To do. Anything. I wouldn't. Do myself,” he said, laughing his bizarre laugh.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"Then we have a deal." Alsia held out her hand to the criminal mastermind.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

ACE took the woman's soft meaty hand in his cold metal one and shook it.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct