Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode V: The First to Strike

Default Star Wars DoD - Episode V: The First to Strike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6B-HD8uJY

OOC: Substitute Master Denia for Master Vhiin'Thorla.

Please no posts until I get the first one out there.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-07-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default One Month Later...

Three figures sat together in a darkened room, the stars their only external source of light. In deep meditation, each one communed in consciousness greater than the sum of their parts. They surrounded a cube-shaped object that slowly rose a meter off the ground. Dim at first, the cube gave off a faint white glow that brightened the room. Together a master, a knight and an apprentice quested for knowledge and guidance. The holocron rotated while several nodes slowly rose from the metallic frame that surrounded the crystalline data core. A shifting cerulean projected image of an aged human jedi appeared mere centimeters above, his visage wise and prideful.

This was the eighth time the jedi of the Alderaan-Allied Defense Force accessed the holocron of Jedi Master Qornah in the Little Temple. Over the last four weeks, his teachings shared a good deal of knowledge in accessing wisdom through visions in the Force, relatively unknown lightsaber techniques and other applications. Qornah was a patient teacher, if a bit overly optimistic to a fault. Regardless, the depth of teachings were even unknown to Master Vhiin’Thorla, who had learned a great deal as well. More recently, the Twi’lek had spent days in deep meditation, questing for information in the Force regarding hints to a nefarious threat from the Empire entitled Project Sarlacc. Earlier that day Thorla came out of a trance clearly excited, but he kept the information from the other two, only sharing a need for reflection of his revelation.

Though Tahla Joona and Kadrien Soth were grateful and usually apt pupils, today their attention was elsewhere. While Master Qoornah told a tale of the first great Sith War, each were preoccupied for a number of reasons. It was a day of judgment for the former dark jedi Bran Kota. One month had passed since their mission to the ruined planet of Ossus. Earlier the fleet had jumped to the Alderaan system to orbit Avishan, the outermost frozen world orbiting the Alderaan star. They kept in the shadowed dark side of the planet, well away from prying sensors. Two ships had also joined them; the Tantive IV, Senator Bail Organa’s personal Corellian Corvette and another that somewhat dwarfed the Resurgence. The dreadnaught-class ship Peregrine entered formation, a recent purchase by Corellian Senator Garm Bel Iblis. The Peregrine was the neutral location for Bran’s tribunal, his adjudicators leaders of the burgeoning resistance against the Empire. In attendance was Organa, Bel Iblis, Chandrilan Senator Mon Mothma and Bothan Chief Counselor Borsk Fey’lya.

The closed hearing began that morning with listed charges. As Bran was a military prisoner, the worst sentence was death via firing squad. At 1200, testimony on behalf of the accused was scheduled. A number of witnesses including Tahla, Kadrien and Shayle Wist’lya meant to testify. A few others also volunteered as well. If the upcoming tribunal was not enough, the realization that exactly a year ago on that day then Supreme Chancellor Palpatine executed Order 66, killing thousands of jedi across the Galaxy. And thus, the stories of Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel-Droma ceased to keep their interest.

OOC: Kadrien and Tahla, feel free to post. More to come for the other PCs!

Kadrien and Tahla, next time you level, you may choose a Force talent from a different book per GM-approval. This is thanks to getting training from holocron! PM me for questions etc.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-02-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Default Aboard the Beginner's Luck, Concurrently

B55-947-ACE sat in the cockpit of the Beginner’s Luck, externally docked with the Resurgence. He’d spent almost four weeks bouncing around the Outer Rim, coordinating his criminal enterprise to make sure everything was in place. A week ago ACE received a message from Admiral Varth requesting his services following Bran Kota’s tribunal. Though he didn’t care about the fate of the former jedi, the promise of credits for another mission did tempt his circuits. The last few weeks proved expensive. Though his enterprise finally turned a profit for the first time, more manpower and clout was necessary for the forces allying against him. In just five minutes, Warrick Raden would contact him via Holonet to give a report from the Winning Hand, his new capitol ship annexed from a deceased previous owner.

In the meantime, ACE sent a message to Captain Alsia Verza, or Pall; depending on how well one knew the Antarian Ranger. Though Alsia had orders to report to the Peregrine by 1100, there was still a few hours to answer the droid’s offer. She politely gave the affirmative, expecting another offer for employment. The boarding ramp down, Alsia made her way aboard, closing the hatch behind her for privacy.

OOC: Tauren and Elder, please post at will. I’ll have the communication from Warrick when I deem appropriate.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-07-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Default The Peregrine

Dressed in a blue Alderaanian uniform, Shayle was ferried via shuttle craft to the Peregrine. The shuttle entered the dreadnaught’s immense hangar, coming to land inside a mostly empty bay. It seemed that Senator Bel Iblis still lacked the manpower for the several fighter squadrons that the colossal ship potentially housed. A human officer wearing a grey Corellian uniform stood by at the boarding ramp. As Shayle descended, the ensign came to attention, sharply saluting the senior military officer. Though the Bothan found no interest in military protocol, he returned the salute none-the-less.

“Major Wist’lya, welcome aboard the Peregrine! I’m Ensign Rern,” he said. “I’ve been instructed to take you to Counselor Fey’lya’s quarters for debrief. If you would please follow me…”

Shayle followed, knowing full well that Fey’lya was more than just the chief counselor of Bothawui. A ranking member of the SpyNet, the politician most likely had information and tasks for him. Ensign Rern led him through the labyrinth of the dreadnaught’s decks. Four turbolifts rides and five long passageways later, the Corellian stopped at the hatch of a large stateroom reserved for diplomatic passengers. The door opened, and the officer gestured for him to enter.

“There should be a recess from the tribunal in a few moments. Please wait here,” he said, taking his leave. As the hatch hissed shut, Shayle took stock of the wide compartment. A large metal table with comfortable Bantha-leather chairs spread before him. Off to the right, a vestibule led to living quarters and to the left a personal kitchen. This ship had much more in the ways of luxury compared to the Resurgence.

OOC: Spas, feel free to post a reaction. I’ll have Fey’lya join you after. 
    Last edited by rogue; 01-07-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Default In The Little Temple

Tahla sat on the cushioned floor next to Kade and Master Thorla, bathed in the grainy blue light of the projected holocron. Her hands rested on aching thighs, she'd lost feeling in her feet, and her eyes strayed from the projection even against her best attempts to stop them wandering. She stole a glance through the huge transparisteel canopy at the massive dreadnaught hanging in space, and the pair of Z-95's that streaked gracefully by on CAP patrol. She wondered briefly if Skimmer or Cyclone were flying today. She'd rather be out there with any wingman than cramped up on the floor of the Little Temple.

The projected Master was giving a lecture on ancient history, but it was recent history that plagued the thoughts of the galaxy's newest Jedi Knight. According to Temple records, today was Tahla's Nameday. She had reached the age of Human majority on most planets, but the occasion was lost on the warrior monk. She had travelled the galaxy, and walked the most storied halls of learning in existence. She'd watched the unfolding Clone War, and had been homeless and hunted. She'd watched friends die...and she'd taken life herself. It seemed odd now to be declared adult by an alien society that she'd never known. It wasn't merely her own experiences that blotted out the day for her. Not by a long shot.

Today was also the day that the Temple fell. She'd learned later, listening into a transceiver at a noodle stall in the Coruscant Undercity, that what the new Empire had deemed Operation: Knightfall had been a success. All over the galaxy, the Jedi shepherding Clone battalions and providing oversight to the war had been slain at the hands of their troops. Her own Master, and countless others, had fallen during the onslaught of the Jedi Temple by turncoat General Anakin Skywalker's 501st legion. She had almost been one of them. She'd never told the others. There had always been an important mission, or some peril or other that had kept the words off of her lips.

So, the Jedi Knight stared out of the window on a day unworthy of celebration or contemplation at the massive warship nearby, and wondered about Bran. Where was he being held? Were they feeding him well? When she arrived to give testimony, would the eyes of the man that she'd saved look more like those of the boy that she'd loved? Only time would tell. It was time that crawled by, toward an end that she couldn't bear to face, though she must, and the stars burning out in the Black were the only things that seemed to give her comfort...
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Kade's mind drifted as their holocron instructor droned on. History was useful, Kadrien knew. It often informed the present and gave necessary intel for operating. But today he was in no mood for a lesson. Even he could feel the stirrings in the Force signifying things coming to a head. The entire leadership of the new Rebellion was in one location and that was enough to put Kade on edge.

Trying to bring himself back to the lesson Kadrien reached for his lightsaber, taking comfort in it's long smooth grip. Instead of centering him it made his mind drift back to a week ago, when Tahla and Vhin had told him he was ready to finally create one of his own. It had been an interesting experience. To Kade the lightsaber was more of a tool than anything else but he still respected the symbol it represented. He remembered being deep in meditation in the Little Temple, surrounded by all the various components. In front of him sat the box full of gems taken from Ossus,the most important aspect of a lightsaber. He had spent hours trying to select one but they were all beautiful and all suitable. How was he to choose? Instead he closed his eyes and reached out in the Force and looked for the one that called out to him. They all hummed in the Force but one in particular burned brightest, shining inside his head in a way he would never be able to explain. He moved one hand and that piece had floated out of the box and hung in midair before him. With the final piece Kadrien reached out to all the other components, bringing them together in his minds eye in the ways Tahla and Master Vhin had shown him. The pieces floated together, assembling with an assurance that Kadrien had only barely felt. When he was done he had risen from the floor and, with a hopeful smile to Tahla, clicked the ignition. The snap-hiss had resounded throughout the quiet room and his blade had filled the room with a dark orangish glow. The blade was like burnt bronze, strong and powerful

At first Kadrien had worried. Was it too dark? Too close to the angry red of the Sith? But over time he had calmed. The lightsaber was a representation of himself. They both could be mistaken for Sith, but it was their actions that would set them apart. It was his choice what his lightsaber would be, and he chose the Light Side no matter how it looked.

Kadrien snapped back to the present as Master Qornah talked about Ulin Qel-Droma's eventual redemption and wondered what would be in store for Bran. He looked over at Tahla and saw her just as lost as he was. "Masters," Kadrien had to interrupt, "I apologize but I don't think either of us can focus for a history lesson today. Bran's trial is in a few hours..." he said, guessing the cause of Tahla's distraction.

OOC:
    UtF to complete the lightsaber:(14) +11= 25, pass. One Force point to attune it.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Alsia watched as the hatch closed before turning to go looking for ACE. The hem of her purple formal Ranger uniform caused a switching sound with every step she took down the Luck's hallway. With all the events happening that day, she had been in her formals for a majority of the morning, and she figured she would not have time to change into something more casual before meeting with ACE and then hurrying to the Peregrine. She didnt mind the long robe with its complementary golden sash but she hated the stylistic choice of the design on the sleeves. She pocketed her white gloves and tucked her cap under her right arm as she poked her head into the various compartments looking for the droid. Brushing a stray hair from her face, she would have to remember to redo her bun before going to the Peregrin.

And then ACE was before her. Damn, that droid could move quietly when he wanted to. The droid could see that the sleeve on her left arms was looser than that on the right, knowing where to look he also noticed the slight bulge of the weapon hidden beneath. "I've been thinking about your offer." It was true, she had. She had plenty of time to, with multiple treatments in the bacta tank, and with her recent promotion to full fledged Ranger, some of her previous more menial tasks had freed up time.

"Your offer is tempting and I am keen to accept it but I wanted to make sure we both understand what we are doing. Two things I want you to understand completely. First, I am not a jedi or a force user. I do have some innate abilities but do not harbor thoughts of snapping the necks of your enemies with a thought for theatrics. Second, the jedi are off limits. I am an Antarian Ranger for the time being, and the jedi are of use to us both during this time of chaos. Being that you are associates with them, I dont think this will be a problem."

She awaited ACE's response, dealing with droids was much more difficult than organics. In fact, she couldnt be sure that ACE was even listening to her.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "Masters," Kadrien had to interrupt, "I apologize but I don't think either of us can focus for a history lesson today. Bran's trial is in a few hours..." he said, guessing the cause of Tahla's distraction.
    The more-than-a-hologram of Master Qornah halted his recounting, the visage turning towards Kadrien.

"Patience, Padawan," he said. "I merely shared this story as it directly relates to the jedi whose trial is hours away. Even Jedi Qel-Droma found redemption after such atrocity. Trust in the Force."

Master Vhiin politely cleared his throat. The Twi'lek was much more mindful of the feelings of others, a different jedi entirely than the quasi-bombastic attitude of the holocron.

"Mast Qornah, I believe we'll finish here. We shall attend your trainings in a few days," he said sagely.

"Ah, well. Then the Force be with you."

At that, the visage faded away, and the holocron slowly descended to the deck. After a moment of awkward silence, Thorla shared a consoling smile to the others.

"I just wanted to share that I was asked to tesitfy today as an impartial witness on Bran's behalf. I plan to do so. I have visited him often since his imprisonment, and he's made great progress."

The jedi master was whole and hearty now, a far cry from when they found him imprisoned on Ossus. He again wore plain brown robes and even built a new lightsaber, leading fencing lessons for the group. Thorla was a master of the Juyo and Soresu forms, essential to better defense and increased prowess in the way of the blade. He'd imparted a few lessons to the junior jedi, even sharing basic martial arts techniques that accompanied the forms. All in all Thorla was opposite to what most expected of a learned scholar, but such was the way of the jedi.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-02-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Shayle

As Shayle walked with the ensign, he dug a finger in between his collar and neck. He always felt confined in his dress uniform, but the situation called for them. He was asked to give his account on Bran, what would he tell them? It had weighed on him over the last month. He had given his word to Bran that he would testify on his behalf, but he thought the tribunal should also know his atrocities... shouldn't they? This what Shayle struggled with internally.

As the ensign led him to Consular Fey'Lya's quarters, Shayle gave the ensign a quick salute. "Thank you ensign, I'll be fine." He said as the ensign left. He looked around the posh quarters of the Consular. What did he have for Shayle? A mission? Information? He wasn't sure as he paced the room, every once in awhile picking up a trinket and examining it.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Default SpyNet Affairs

Shayle waited the better part of half an hour in the ambassadorial quarters. Keeping with Bothan rigidity when addressing one of higher political standing, he stood patiently. Though not the closest ally of Councilor Fey’lya, Shayle knew of his quick rise to power, a perfect example of the “Bothan Way.” They had worked together during his early days in the SpyNet, reporting to him during intelligence briefings. Back then Fey’lya still did occasional field ops, well before becoming a full-time politician. He worked twice as hard as most others of their kind, having to prove himself as he hailed from Kothlis, considered a backwater Bothan world.

Though power-hungry and driven, he was an excellent spy and suited to the intrigues of subterfuge. Even now in a more part-time status with the SpyNet, he still ranked over Project Deep Ear, basically Shayle’s commanding project officer, for better lack of a term. The intricacies of the SpyNet contained many layers of redundancies and compartmentalization, with no one Bothan having access to all of the information. With the rise of the Empire this practice found increased use towards imbedded organizational affairs.

Finally the hatch hydraulics hissed, and the Councilor entered. Borsk Fey’lya wore a mauve politician’s uniform, his rank insignia denoted at the neck with blue piping at the shoulders. Shayle noticed Fey’lya’s fur ripple in distrust. Borsk said not a word, simply producing a small circular device, perhaps four centimeters in diameter. Clicking it on with a clawed finger, it sent a scanning laser throughout the compartment in all directions. When the indicator blinked green, the Bothan gestured for Shayle to sit down.

“Greetings, Major Wist’lya,” he said calmly. “We can speak freely here. Please report your findings of Project Sarlacc. I’ve read the report, but I want an honest opinion of the status and how close we are.”

OOC: Spas, you may have to backtrack. We’ll say Tahla and Kadrien shared that they think their Force vision imparted that it may be a very large ship, but there is nothing to prove it other than larger orders of Tibanna gas and slaves from Darga the Hutt.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.