Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: COTE Planner

Default Love the idea

I totally approve of the female Conan character. Love it!
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

Default :)

Kinda ended up being Conan meets the Beastmaster

Totally gonna scream and babble like Ahnold while raging
    "Aghoo aghuh aghaghhh!!!"

Talking 'Ello!

Hello All,

I'm the newbie, Sarha! Thanks for letting me join your crew. I'm sorry to have taken so long to write my first post but I am very excited to be starting on our adventure! I plan to be a much more diligent participant beginning August 4 most certainly. I will be away in mountainous terrain all of next week and don't imagine I'll have much service to be posting as regularly as I should. Though again, I am very much looking forward to beginning our game soon.

Peace,

Sarha

*Your Dungeon Master (DM) has copied and moved this post (from the Doctor MacGuffin game Planner) to this shiny new COTE Planner for "Crypt of the Everflame" the game our newest player will be joining.

As you can see, she and Simoriah (Jen) will be sharing a screen name.

Welcome, Sarha!
    Last edited by Simoriah; 08-04-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    "Friends don't let friends mend evil altars." - UngainlyDodge
    "The goblin died as he had lived, ignorant of what was going on and generally outraged." - UngainlyDodge

Default A bard it is

I will go with a bard...think Tinkerbell without wings....so probably a half elf...with a banjo maybe....or a ukulele...
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

Default Mingy

I'm 2ft8inches tall

Default :)

Dusty you should be a guy.... Fabulous!!! We'll call you Whoosh

Talking ???

Are we there yet, Papa Smurf?

Question One by One, I ask you...?

Sarha, hopefully we can talk this weekend about character building for your cleric? Or your oracle, which is basically the same kind of character with less decision-making and reading material involved.

Simoriah, we'll be chatting at your convenience about your alchemist and how best to keep track of your ammo, known spells (or "forumulae"), etc, okay? Then we'll get your character sheet up for all to admire!

Drake, have you made those modifications to Mingy and her weasel that we discussed, to use the "Mounted Fury" barbarian from the book Advanced Players Guide?

dustyangel74, what kind of bard are you planning to entertain us with, classic or a variant from APG?

Once we have everyone's finalized Character Sheet in the appropriate thread, we can discuss when we'll get this party started!

The adventuring party, get it? Barbarian (fighter), cleric (divine spellcaster), bard (musician/rogue), and alchemist (arcane artillery), that's the gang!

(Sorry, Sim, the last emoticon in line was the closest thing I could find to an alchemist.)
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Question Beyond Class

Folks,

Sarha recently asked me what there is to creating a character beyond choosing a Class...and my answer is in your inboxes!

Please check your gmail accounts for the questionnaire I sent you! And fill them out for your DungeonMaster (DM), yes?

While your Character Sheet will focus on your Class (and Skills, and gear, and stuff), my questionnaire focuses on what makes you an individual...race, gender, age, background, physical features, distinguishing habits or accessories, and quirks.

Call me, email me, PM me, or shout out on this Planner if you have questions or comments about the questionnaire.

Thanks!

PS: Here is a copy of the questionnaire:

PATHFINDER RPG CHARACTER BUILDER QUESTIONS:

1) What is your class? (See paizo.com/prd, RPG books Core Rulebook & Advanced Player’s Guide)

2) What is your race? (11 choices: human, elf, half-elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome, half-orc OR ifrits, tengu, catfolk, or tiefling)

6 Common Races: human, elf, half-elf, dwarf, halfling (hobbit), gnome, or half-orc (from Core Rulebook)

1) Human:

Townsfolk response: Nothing special. You blend in so effortlessly you can move about undetected. Not pictured here…try a mirror.
    Elf:

Appearance: Taller than humans. Slender limbs. Long pointed ears. Odd eyes.

Townsfolk response: Folks are respectful and in awe of you (or envious) due to your beauty, grace, centuries-long life span, and (assumed) mystic connection to nature and talent for magic. Many expect you to predict the weather or have intuitive knowledge of plants to help them, and may seek out your judgment or dissect your words for hidden wisdom.

2) Half-elf:

Appearance: Looks human except for pointed ears (smaller & more rounded & than an elf), exotic colored eyes like an elf.

Townsfolk response: Elves are sympathetic or condescending about your mixed birthright. Humans tend toward jealous and are inclined to flirt with you, offer you favors, or try to impress you. Most people expect you to have a special destiny & seek you out for a number of reasons just to be near you.

3) Dwarf:

Appearance: Stockier/shorter than humans (under 5 ft tall).

Townsfolk response: Folks are extra polite and a intimidated by your long-lived race’s reputation as humorless, gruff, tireless craftsmen and relentless warriors. You are often assumed to be highly traditional and a perfectionist. You may be sought out to fix tools/weapons or appraise valuables or perform a feat of strength.

4) Halfling (hobbit):

Appearance: Look human except for pointed ears & being very petite (rarely taller than 3 ft). Usually brown hair on your head and the top of each foot.

Townsfolk response: Folks are extra friendly to you and (due to your race’s reputation) often expect you to be brave, funny, lucky to be near during a crisis, and an excellent cook. You may be sought to give an opinion on the finer things in life or to retrieve things from small or hard-to-reach spaces.

5) Gnome: Ancestry includes faeries.

Appearance: Like a halfling, petite and around 3 ft tall, but due to your faerie ancestry your features are more pointed and common hair colors are red, green, purple, & orange w/ equally exotic eye colors.

Townsfolk response: Folks are friendly but watchful because your race has a reputation for impulsiveness, peculiar inventions & obsessions, communing with animals, & seeking thrilling new experiences. You may be sought to fix gadgets, deal with an animal, or come up with a creative solution to a problem.

6) Half-orc:

Appearance: Look human, except a little monstrous/orcish. It varies. Skin color (or tone) may be green or gray or brown, ears are either tapered or bat-like, nostrils may be slits or nose may squash or tilt up like a snout, & may have slight (or long) fangs or tusks.

Townsfolk response: Your youth prevents folks from being terrified of you, but many are nervous. Some avoid you or are hostile, while others go out of their way to be kind & try to steer you down the path of goodness. You are assumed to have a volatile temper. Folks try not to upset you (except ‘tough guys,’ who may provoke you). You may be sought out to deal with bullies, hunt or track, or perform a feat of strength.

(*Roleplaying hint: Think of the Lord of the Rings for these races: elf, half-elf, dwarf, halfling (hobbit), or half-orc. Gnome is like hobbit, but gnomes are born knowing how to cast a few spells.)

4 Uncommon Races: ifrits, tengu, catfolk, or tiefling (from Advanced Race Guide)

7) Ifrits: Ancestry includes an elemental being of pure fire.

Appearance: Look human, except for pointy ears, mottled horns on brow, hair that looks & moves like fire, bronze skin

Townsfolk response: Folks are often respectful and flattering to the point of fawning, and many are leary of your (supposed) unpredictable, fiery temperament. Given the town’s ever-burning flame tradition, you are also considered a rare blessing and supernaturally lucky. You may be offered gifts in exchange to rub some part of your head ‘for luck.’

8) Tengu: Crowperson.

Townsfolk response: You are welcomed, but folks assume you can’t help being addicted to shiny things, like a magpie. Many believe that like a bird, you eat roughly your weight in one day and enjoy insects. Your race’s reputation for skilled swordsmanship may inspire folks to want to spar with you. They may also ask you to help them find (or appraise) shiny things, or may hide their shinies from you.

9) Catfolk: Catperson.

Appearance: Slit pupils, soft fur, fingers with retractable claws, cat ears & tail.

Townsfolk response: You are welcomed, but folks assume you’re nosy and a risk-taker (curious). Folks feel tempted to touch your fur and ask you to do tricks or stunts. They may also assume you share cat behaviors like an appetite for mice and fear of dogs. You may be sought to retrieve things from high or difficult to reach places…or deal with rodents.

10) Tiefling:

Ancestry includes a fiend from another plane of existence.

Appearance: Look human, except for monstrous/devilish features like curling horns, barbed tail, exotic hair or highlights, & oddly colored eyes. (Some also have vestigial wings, fangs, or claws.)

Townsfolk response: Your youth prevents folk from being terrified of you, but many are nervous. Some avoid you or are hostile, while others go out of their way to be kind & try to steer you down the path of goodness. You are assumed to be highly charming but prone to rage or revenge. Folks try not to upset you (except self-righteous church-goers, who may provoke you). Your help may be sought for deception, cleverness, or diplomacy OR magical talent.

3) What is your nationality/ethnic background? (9 choices, from Inner Sea World Guide)

(Golarion is a typical medieval fantasy world. For your roleplaying convenience I give you real-world equivalents below to inspire ideas for dress, accent, attitudes/beliefs, hair & eye & skin colors, or worship.)

(1) Chelaxian (Germans or Russians, countries Cheliax, Molthune, or the country our adventure takes place in: *Nirmathas)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Pale/white
    Hair: Dark, usually brown or black or deep red
    Eyes: Dark shades of brown, blue, or green

(2) Kellids (Neanderthals/cavemen & nomadic barbarians, main country Realm of the Mammoth Lords or *Nirmathas)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Deeply tanned
    Hair: Dark, usually brown or black or deep red
    Eyes: Black, blue, or steel grey

(3) Mwangi (Africans, region is the Mwangi Expanse)
    Appearance:
    Skin: From brown to coal black
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Dark

(4) Shoanti (Native Americans, widespread clans that revere various animals but countries are Belkzen/Varisia/Lands of Linnorm Kings)
    Appearance:
    Skin: From deeply tan to ruddy to dark brown
    Hair: Shave heads, decorate w/ face paint to indicate clan affiliation
    Eyes: Vary

(5) Taldans (Europeans, especially France & Great Britain, countries called Taldor & Andoran)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Light bronze
    Hair: Dark shades usually
    Eyes: Green, gray, or amber

(6) Tians (China/Japan, country is Tian Xia)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Pale
    Hair: Dark shades usually, some shock white or silver-white (good omen)
    Eyes: Brown or dark, usually

(7) Ulfen (Nordic barbarians/Vikings, countries are Irrisen & the Land of the Linnorm Kings)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Pale
    Hair: Light brown, blond, or red
    Eyes: Blue, green or grey

(8) Varisians (Roma/gypsies or Bavarians, countries Varisia & *Nirmathas)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Dusky
    Hair: Any average color
    Eyes: Wide & expressive, varied colors plus exotic shades of gold or violet

(9) Vudrani (India/Bangladesh, country is Vudra)
    Appearance:
    Skin: Swarthy reddish brown
    Hair: Black or dark brown
    Eyes: Dark shades

4) What is your age? (Choose anywhere from age 13 to age 18)

5) What is your gender?

6) What do you look like?
    Skin color:
    Hair color:
    Eye color:
    Height & weight:

Any distinguishing features like scars or tattoos or face paint or physical weaknesses?

Are you carrying any favorite weapons, tools, talismans, mementos, or other distinctive accessory?

Is your typical outfit decorative/fashionable, or practical? Do you wear bright colors or plain earth tones? Does your attire reflect your ethnic/national heritage? Are your clothes clean or grubby? Etc. (You are also free to use Google Images to find a pic of your race that you like and make it your “profile” pic.)

7) What are you most afraid of? (You CANNOT pick spiders. It can be, but DOES NOT have to be something physical or fatal. It could be a situation or event.)

8) What gets under your skin? In other words, what spurs you to act, or speak up, or leave? It could be as mild as a pet peeve or as serious as a personal crusade.

9) What was your childhood like?

For your young characters childhood is not just a distant memory. What is your backstory? If you need them, here are more specific questions to answer for me that will help you write a brief backstory:

(1) Did you grow up in Kassen (the town where the adventure takes place, in the country called Nirmathas), or elsewhere? (If you want to have a strong cultural identity other than Chelaxian, Kellid, or Varisian, I suggest you have at least the first 8 years of your life take place in that culture, from the table I provided.)

(2) Who are (or were) your parents---names, jobs, primary personality traits? Are they still alive?

(3) Who raised you…and/or who taught you or became your role model?

(4) Any siblings or close relatives, and how did you get along?

(5) How safe were you while growing up?

(6) Did you witness or participate in anything growing up that left a strong impression on you?

(7) What activities did you enjoy as a child, and what activities do you enjoy now?

(8) What do you want to become---an adventurer seeking treasure or glory or justice, or another profession?

Those questions are an attempt to flesh out your influences. I will also be assigning a mentor figure (a seasoned adventurer in Kassen) to each of you (based on your Class) once you complete and return this questionnaire.

10) Have you any words or phrases that you use frequently...or other quirks or habits?
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 02-25-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added copy of questionnaire
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall