Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 554

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Fourth Quest - "If This be Doomsday"]

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,852

    Default

    “Hm? What's that?” the Wayfarer said, rapping on his globe a few more times for good measure. Although he barely seemed to register Luccia's question, he answered it anyway. “A Wylding battle in the streets of Hylo. Outbursts of magical conflict are becoming a real problem for this word. They've got M.A.G.E in a constant tizzy,” he said floating up above the globe, slightly more exasperated than before, to address them again.

    “Then there are the transmutants – normal folks transformed by arcane accidents and spells gone awry. Trying to use a spider climb spell to get to that roof? Now you're a half-man, half-spider!”

    He clapped his hands, causing a splat of spider-webbing to explode out from them and disintegrate in an instant.

    “Wild magic is very unstable here, very dangerous. That's not the primary problem you lot need to concern yourselves with though. Something's coming,” he said somberly. “Something larger and more powerful than I've ever come across is rampaging across that version of Ansalon.”

    The silhouette of some foreign city flashed into being in the globe below him. The black shape of a beast larger than a castle, all teeth and horns and claws and thrashing spiked tail crashed savagely through the phantom urban landscape seconds before the image in the globe vanished. The Wayfarer didn't seem to notice this time.

    “And it's headed right for Palanthas. If Palanthas is destroyed, if M.A.G.E.'s floating citadel falls, then the tension between the world's nations created by the 'Wylding Problem' will explode into conflict and yes Beldyn, there will be Ansalon-wracking destruction. More of it even.”

    He sighed and clasped his hands together in his lap.

    “Any questions?”

    OOC -
    Ulin, DC 15 Spellcraft check succeeds automatically. Recognizes the cantrip prestidigitation.
    Beldyn, DC 19 Spellcraft check (d20+11): 12. Fails. Does not recognize the Wayfarer's spell.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 10-01-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    541

    Default

    "We can help there, I would be concerned... can you get us there? You look rather... weakened, I would not want you hurt trying to get us there. Or worse yet we step through a portal and end up never having existed..." Luccia's words fell. She was struck through the heart with nothing impaling her. She gasped for air and reached to her neckline, her promise ring still dangled on it's leather thong.

    She got her wind back, "I am alright", and her cheeks burned the red hue of humiliation. "I am physically well but some thing does seem direly wrong. I want to help Wayfarer, but are you certain this travel magic of your is safe for all of us?" The Huntress kept her words in order despite the sensation of a lead weight in her heart.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    Quite annoyed at the relatively negative comments about Wild Sorcery, Ulin grunted at his comrades. He absently fingered the new ring upon his right hand; one full of minor spells should his magic ever fail.

    “Regardless of it being safe, I’ll say this once, and there’ll be no argument. The Primal magic is not inherently evil, nor will I destroy anyone who uses it with prejudice,” he said, turning to face Beldyn. “If we do this, we’ll do it peaceably, with fighting as the last resort. Do you all understand?”

    “There has to be a way for these Wyldings to cohabitate with the populace without war. I vow now to find it!”

    OOC: Looks like Ulin is taking the Professor X approach.

    Oh and Dave, we’ll say Ulin has the Shield and Elemental Dart (acid) spell cast into the ring.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,852

    Default

    "You'll certainly need allies to face whatever's coming," the Wayfarer said with a wan smile. "Getting some of the Wyldings to help you against this monstrous threat might very will tip the scales towards social acceptance."

    He clapped his hands again and drifted down to one side of his crystal ball.

    "Is everyone ready to go swimming again?"
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    "As long as you have the line ready to haul us back," Ulin mumbled nervously.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,852

    Default

    "You can fish too, you know," the Wayfarer said, tapping at his own throat to remind Ulin of the calantine amulet around his neck. "It might not be easy, but it might be worth trying in case we find ourselves in a situation like we did last time you were in the River."

    OOC -
    Don't forget it is possible to use the amulet to return to the Wayfarer's sanctuary. It was something that was explained to Ulin in the prologue of the first adventure, so it's okay if that was forgotten.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 10-01-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    Ulin gave a nod in understanding.

    OOC: Totally forgot that. Thanks for the heads up.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    "But you have no idea what that creature was?" Loren asked. He didn't know where to even begin with taking down something of that size.

    OOC:
    Highly doubt it will help but here is a know (religion) just in case:(16) + 11= 27
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Simone remained in the background, barely paying attention. While a couple days of rest had calmed down her temper some, her complete lack of investment showed plain as day as she sulked over her unfortunate predicament.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Ulin took the truth hard, as most guilty men do. And his reaction was not unexpected by Beldyn. "We will do as you say. But please remember. There is a reason that the gods intervened and established the three orders, and it is not because the users of sorcery were responsible with the power."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •