Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: RotR Chapter Two: The Skinsaw Murders

Default Jack and Jimmy

The boy followed the older man. Jimmy watched and learned, well, everything now. He could never be sure what he was meant to learn, and what he discovered for himself in a given situation, but he was corrected far less lately, and so thought himself to be improving. So when Jack changed and suited up, so did he. Fetching his own horse, Jack rode into town with Jimmy. The boy guessed that the next step would be to find the Sheriff.

OOC: We can call it here, or you can keep going. Totally up to you.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 05-13-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default Victaria in the House of Blue Stones

The young monk looked up at Victaria when she spoke, rising with the question. She bowed her head again, extending both arms out straight, palms up and grasping a small leather bag. "The guardsmen brought it to the door. I was told not to open it. I was told to bring it to you directly."

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Post Now You See Me?

Lalia was sweaty, frustrated, and in no mood for company. Of course a summons had just arrived, from none other than Sandpoint's sheriff.

This time it probably wasn't about a parade in her friends' honor.

She stood up and dusted off her pea green traveler's skirt. It was the same one she'd dressed poor Ameiko in when they first found her. It still irritated her that the powers that be in the Sandpoint Cathedral wouldn't hear of letting the mysterious Old Habe try to help the mentally ravaged proprietress. She had pleaded with them (as eloquently as her disappointment allowed) to reconsider if Ameiko showed no improvement within the month. Hopefully the delay would do no harm, and who knew, perhaps their knowledge would be enough to restore her.

On a less significant note, the noblewoman hoped there would be time to buy more clothes before they left town, if that's what was needed. Such shopping kept slipping her mind.

"Thank you," she told the guard. "Now let's see what's inside together. Bet you were curious."

She tipped the leather sack into her open hand, ready to catch whatever was inside against her elbow if it was too large for her palm.

OOC:

SB, that opening was more eloquent than anything I can come up with, especially pressed for time at work.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Default Eulalia

The weight of the bag shifted, and then she had it, a large, round brass medallion, stamped with the silhouetted shape of a lantern. It was e insignia emblazoned proudly on every tabard worn by a member of the Sandpoint Watch. A heavy straight pin jutted from the backside of the medal, and a short length of light blue ribbon hung from it.

It was a badge.

The watchman spoke again. "My lady, his honor the Sheriff commanded me to inform yourself, that you'd been deputized and summoned."

Post The Game Is Afoot

"My lady, his honor the Sheriff commanded me to inform yourself, that you'd been deputized and summoned."
    Being deputized with so little ceremony could only mean things had gone pear-shaped and time was of the essence. "The honor is mine." Lady Eulalia Gordon inclined her head respectfully to the only Sandpoint Watch representative at hand. She fixed the pin at her shoulder. No time for vanity, either. She wiped her dripping face against her sleeve, erasing tears, sweat, and (alas) her painted-on eyebrows in one go.

"Something must be afoot. Hold off, just a tick, and I will accompany you to Sheriff Baylock's office." The druid tugged on her bronze dragonhide armor and pulled a wide-brimmed hat firmly over that day's pea green headscarf. She picked up her new oak quarterstaff emblazoned with Shelyn's longtail bird, jade vines, and silver roses. It had been her fortieth birthday present to herself. (She'd stopped letting others fuss over the occasion long ago.) Last she slung her rucksack over her shoulder, just in case.

"Ready to go," she told the man-at-arms serenely. "Do lead the way, if you shan't be needed elsewhere?"
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Default Eulalia

The guard stammered, it seemed, even when there was nothing to be said. He could count the number of noble folk in a Sandpoint on one hand, and he didn't run into them often. To be in the presence of nobility was not something that he did easily. When she'd accepted the badge with such stoic formality, he didn't know what to say, and so he just nodded along with her.

Politely, Lalia requested that she be shown the way, and he obliged. "Right...ah, right this way, mi'lady."

OOC: Shelle, I have to say, well done!

Default Gus & Shalelu

Gus stopped Shalelu with a firm hand on one of her shoulders and gently turned the hobbled elf about. He pointed to the pentagram of red ink that framed his left eye.

“This is who I used to be, not who I am,” he said. “Don't ever call me one of them again. It stirs up all kinds of hateful memories,” he said sadly.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 09-21-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"O-oh," Victaria said again, but this time it seemed more appropriate. She took the offered sack and said, "T-thank you," to the monk. She wasn't sure if the package was something the other woman wasn't supposed to see, but Victaria figured it better not to chance it. Her mind went through who it could be from. The Pathfinder Society? She didn't know why they would send her something. Then she thought of the missing Erik, but figured there was little reason for a guardsman to be dropping off news of him. When the monk had gone Victaria finally sated her curiosity and opened the package.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Default Gus and Shalelu

The Elf felt a tug at her shoulder, and then she was moving. Trying desperately not to put any significant amount of weight on the bad knee, she hobbled in a tight circle, now facing Gus. Her arm moved by reflex to the small of her back. A fire flared up behind the ranger's eyes, but she couldn't bring herself to say or do anything. She just stood there for a few tense moments and took the lecture. What would have sparked her ire from any other pre-supposing Human broke her heart. "I'm sorry." She said. "Come on. Let's move." Shalelu let him walk a beat ahead of her.

Her hand was still white-knuckling the curved knife sheathed at her back. It took her what seemed like an eternity, but she finally released her grip on it.

If he were any other man...she stopped herself. Not wanting to finish the thought. They walked on.

Default Victaria

The sides of the leather bag fell open, and the object staring up at her took her aback. It was the symbol for law and order in her home, a badge that she'd seen pinned to the uniforms of the watch on special occasions. What could it mean? Victaria knew that the members of her Order wouldn't let guardsmen troll through the House of Blue Stones without good reason to be there. She realized that the messenger may still be at the door.