Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 684

Thread: Star Wars DoD Episode IV: Echoes of the Jedi

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default Dagobah

    Master Yoda closed his eyse, exhaling slowly while the power of the Force filled his senses.

    "Mmmmm. On the Assiduous you are, a destiny you have there," the wizened jedi said, refering to the Victory class Star Destroyer Tahla served on during the Clone Wars. "A fleet it was, yes. The dark side, clouding everything."

    "But...something else. A shape. An attack. A ship, yes; immense it is. No ship in existence, so big."

    Yoda opened his large eyes, looking to Tahla and Kadrien.

    "Clear your mind of questions, you must..."
    Last edited by rogue; 04-16-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default The Fleet

    The Revenge moved to the starboard side of the Resurgence, while Blue Squadron made its way towards the hangar. Alsia watche and waited while the fighters each landed in the now crowded bay. While Blue 10 hit cleared, sensors revealed a new blip coming out of hyperspace 20 kilometers out. Before the sensor officers aboard the capital class vessels could call a warning, a voice came over the comm.

    "Alderaan Defense Force fleet, this is Captain Antilles of the Tantive IV. We are under orders from the senators to dock with the Revenge for crew transport."

    "Please have escort fighters patroling for the operation. Sending command codes to confirm, over."

    Seconds later, and both Senator Organa and Senator Iblis' codes came over the wire. They checked out, albeit unannounced.

    OOC: Spas, this is an unplanned event. Elder, you know what's up.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-16-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,535

    Default Dagobah

    Tahla looked down at the wise little creature. She had served aboard a Republic Star Destroyer. She understood only too well their destructive power. If this ship was really as immense as the Dark Side cloud that had hidden it from her Sight...she paled, a sudden feeling of sickness washing over her. If the fledging rebel fleet met that ship out in deep space, there would be nothing left in its wake. She could only see all of her friends,me crewmen and officers that had come to respect her,mand she them.

    "Master! If it really is a massive warship, we have to warn the Fleet! If they meet it in battle, they won't stand a chance! We have to go!"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default Dagobah

    "Patience, young one. Though hidden this threat is, more dangerous it is for the entire galaxy than just your fleet," he answered, still trying to concentrate. "Always in motion the future is. Hard to see and clouded through the dark side of the Force."

    "To know more, a way there is. But dangerous, this vision will be. Follow, you must."

    Without any further words, Yoda walked away, leading them off deeper into the forest.

    OOC: more to come. Just wanted to get that going...
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,894

    Default The Beginner's Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    "Well, we know their raiding routes. Can't we just use one of the ships as bait, and then when they come aboard, we beat them at their own game," Raden asked.

    "Your Jedi friends can help out! Pull in some favors or something?"
    “The Jedi. Have. Been missing. For. Some time,” ACE replied curtly. “You. Should know. That. Horn-head. We can't. Count. On them.”

    The droid drummed the three fingers on his left hand on one of his metal thighs as his heuristic processor hummed along.

    “It's risky. And. If we. Can't catch. Reddjak. Himself. It's a. Wasted. Opportunity. It might be. Our. Only option. Though,” he sputtered. “What. Do you? Two. Think?”
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default The Fleet

    As the alert fighters launched, the Z-95 Headhunters flying CAP took a closer patrol around the two docking ships. Minutes passed, and finally the corvette and gunship found purchase in the complicated maneuvers it took to get two large a vessels aligned.

    On the bridge of the Resurgence, Commodore Verana entered from the closest turbolift.

    "Major Wist'lya, please make your report. The Admiral is on his way up," he said.

    Meanwhile, Alsia received a message via private channel to her ship.

    "The jedi is on the move. ETA, three minutes until secure transfer."
    Last edited by rogue; 04-17-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default Dagobah

    Yoda’s pace quickened, moving nimbly and adroit, using his wooden stick less. Though Tahla knew, Kadrien found the little alien confusing. At almost a millennia in age, there seemed to be more than meets the eye when it came to Yoda’s mobility. The Force was mysterious.

    Walking deeper into the forest, the trees clustered closer together, almost leering at them. It became cold, oppressive. The dense canopy thickened, allowing little to no light from Dagobah’s murky sky. The dense fog settling upon the ground stuck to their feet, a cloying mist that froze to the bone. The area seemed cursed in darkness and decay. Even the few reptilian animals they saw growled and hissed, unhappy with the new visitors invading their home.

    Finally, Yoda came to a copse of clustered cyprus and mangroves, with one huge tree dominating. He entered the ring. Nothing grew inside. Only fog clustered, even colder than before. As they neared, Kadrien and Tahla noticed an opening into the gnarled roots, some sort of cave. The Dark Side of the Force was powerful, nearly slapping each padawan in the face with tantalizing emotions of power.

    "This place…is strong with the dark side of the Force. A domain of evil it is. That what you seek, inside you will find."

    OOC: Ok folks. If you want to react and ask Yoda questions, feel free.
    Last edited by rogue; 07-14-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    "The jedi is on the move. ETA, three minutes until secure transfer."
    "Roger that. When the transfer is complete, I will dock with Resurgence." Alsia closed the secure channel and then hailed the Resurgence, "Request permission to join patrol during ship coupling. Over." She lightly throttled the Objects in Space forward and swooped back around in a patrol motion. While the two big ships were tied together, it would be a dangerous time.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,661

    Default The Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    “It's risky. And. If we. Can't catch. Reddjak. Himself. It's a. Wasted. Opportunity. It might be. Our. Only option. Though,” he sputtered. “What. Do you? Two. Think?”
    "Well, he lives on that ship, so there is that," the Devaronian added. "They all do. Its got external racks for the fighters."

    "But as far as numbers, its gonna at least be a dozen people in his gang."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,535

    Default Dagobah

    Tahla stood with Kadrien, staring into the mouth of the cave. Tendrils of electric excitement coursed through her body. She heard a whisper in her mind, but it was more like a soft feeling than a soft voice.

    She felt like she could accomplish anything.
    She could make everyone safe.
    She could get Bran back, stand by his side, and restore peace to the galaxy.
    No one could tell her that she couldn't.

    It was an intoxicating feeling of confidence, of certainty. The messages didn't have the cloying essence of the Dark Side attached to them. Tahla had to wipe he smile that came unbidden from her face. She slipped her lightsaber from its place on her belt, gesturing with the un ignited hilt of her weapon. "What's in there, Master?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •