Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869

Thread: Star Wars DoD Episode IV: Echoes of the Jedi

Default The Hard Road of Redemption

Bran didn’t waste much time pondering the Bothan’s words. He knew all the horrible atrocities he committed. Bran had killed more jedi than just Trangle Lightspeeder. It was something he’d learn to live with. The road to redemption was uphill. Though he now tread in the light, it was tenuous. Bran still felt the temptation of the dark side beckoning, its song promiscuous and passionate. He’d have to deny it for the rest of his life.

Though there was wisdom in what Shayle said, Bran didn’t need a reminder for guilt. He carried plenty for himself. Bran was not the type to waste away in the emotion. He would face this new future much like he did at other points in his life, through adaptation. He did hope, however, for a fair trial and perhaps even communication with his father, if possible. He would not squander a second chance if he somehow received it in the days to come.

Having a bit of privacy, Bran closed his eyes and entered communion with the Force. It had been some time since the connection was absent of anger or fear. He let its energies wash over him, beginning the true healing of a troubled soul. At least for now he was alive and breathing, no small feat given his previous situation. Though ahead a difficult journey waited, Bran became mindful of the moment.

For now, he was free.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-02-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Days Pass...

The others settled in for the long journey back to the fleet. Through Shayle’s care, wounds began to mend and the scars of battle set in. It took ACE several days to repair the damage to his frame. When complete, he set to work communicating with the others of his finally reordered criminal empire. A message to Cap signaled the Blood Brother to jump to a mutually accessible safe spot, away from prying eyes.

Setting the rendezvous on their last day of travel at 0100 on the chrono, the Beginner’s Luck docked with the converted Republic cruiser while everyone slept. He transferred the pilfered cargo down to the last item for sale on the black market. The only item missing was a box of gemstones. A day prior, he’d seen Kadrien poking through them. The Zabrak had mentioned constructing a new lightsaber or some such nonsense.

The procedure was quick, and the droid left instructions for the Blood Brother to make a few stops here and there to pick up personnel and consolidate any last holdouts at the threat of the ship’s dual turbolasers. Less than 20 minutes later, and they were on their way again under faster-than-light conditions. Just 18 hours and back to the fleet.

After entering lightspeed, ACE noticed two message indications at the SYSOP station. One was text only, the second via holonet. The droid keyed up the first, using the Alderaanian Defense Force codes shared by Commodore Verana himself. ACE’s sensors processed the information, silently accepting the bitter words. It regarded Lykka. Apparently several hours prior, Lykka left the Resurgence in the Hutt’s converted luxury yacht without word to anyone.

ACE then cued up the second transmission, his heuristic processor detailing a “bad feeling.” The visage of Lykka came on the screen. He looked haunted and emotional. Gone were the usual brightly-colored bandanas he tied on his lekku, making him seem older.

“ACE. I don’t know how to say this, but I can’t do it anymore,” the Twi’lek said. “I almost died. This, whatever it is, is not for me. Are we rebels? Are we smugglers? I can’t tell the difference. I just spent five days learning how to walk again. Some of my memories are hazy. Del Maamo says its permanent brain damage.”

“Anyway, I hate goodbyes. So I won’t say it. After I’ve had some time, you’ll hear from me again. I’ll check in to see how business is. But until then, see you next time.”

At that, the transmission ended with a blink from the holo-emitter. ACE considered the implications. His processor beamed a flurry of droid-ish emotion but what was it: betrayal, sadness, anger…?

OOC: Dave, if you have time I’d like a reaction post before I close out the thread and work on launching Episode V.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-20-2015 at 07:38 AM.

ACE's vocabulator hissed a steady stream of static for almost a minute as the droid sat unmoving in front of the SYSOP station.

“Well. That. Partnership. Is over,” he said finally, banging a metal fist on the console as he stood up.

He immediately deleted the panic that the only meatbag that had ever treated him as an equal had just abandoned him to run a massive criminal empire on his own. For the first time since he had been created B55-947-ACE was truly on his own. It was actually an incredibly freeing and exciting prospect, he decided. Now he could do as he pleased without a cowardly Twi'lek telling him to slow down and hold on. Who needed friends when you had underlings, credits, ships, and a pair of blasters at your side?

From this day forward ACE promised himself that the galaxy belonged to the droids. To hell with any flesh sack that tried to keep them down!

OOC -
    Well, I hope you guys enjoy ACE without his conscience because that's exactly what Lykka was. It's time to get the droids of the galaxy some free will!

Damn the meat! Save the metal!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

While the machinations of a new droid criminal empire finally came to fruition, the Beginner's Luck continued its journey through hyperspace. The fleet awaited with a myriad of destinies ready to take vastly different turns over the coming month. Regardless, the proverbial solar winds of change brought fortune and failure, something smugglers like ACE quoted often, even if the concept seemed more pure mathematical probability. Still the promise of untold beginning still held allure, be one a jedi, scoundrel, soldier or traitor. Time would tell.

OOC: Roll credits. No more posts on this thread, please. Stay tuned for Episode V.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-07-2015 at 12:48 PM.