Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 378

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Third Quest - "Kender, Kodragons, and...Cam Banks?"]

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,842

    Default

    Then again it was very difficult to see through the malodorous mist. Even at the very edge of it and even with her elf-blessed eyes Luccia couldn't really tell if anyone was actually paying attention to her. There was so much shouting and slipping and pandemonium that she might as well have been trying to loudly reason with a hurricane.

    Even Sounare's great trilling roar only added to the din. Where a normal person might have been afraid of Sounare's call, at the very least startled by it, the kender took little notice of the great beast trying to get their attention. The griffon-rider's shouted thanks and pleas and temptations fell on deaf ears.

    OOC -
    DM Speak: Sorry Luthen, none of the kender have a Perception check high enough to decipher Luccia's shouting over the madness and mayhem of the pie-fight. the skill is going to fail automatically in this case. Also, I'm going to rule that kender will not be cowed by a bellowing griffon (or startled even). It's not their nature. You've still got your full round of actions remaining.

    Everybody still to go!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Beldyn fought a war inside himself between wanting to laugh at Soth's misfortune and the seriousness of the situation. Deciding on the latter, more out of a self-interest of not smelling like fecal matter, Beldyn continued to suppress his grin, and then was almost deafened by the griffon. He asked Fath to suppress the Kender long enough for them to get out of their current predicament.

    At that moment, Beldyn wondered if Paladine would find it odd to hear from a servant that obviously did not belong there.

    ooc: cast Calm Emotions centered just to the left square of the sheriff. With a 20 ft radius, it should catch just about all of the Kender. Of course, we would be caught in that as well. Will negates DC 21.
    Last edited by elder; 12-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,842

    Default

    His concern faded quickly, however, as the blessed calm of Fath settled over him, reassuring him that his faith and zeal were welcome here on Alth. Any mirth or frustration Ulin might have been feeling at the situation faded away as well. However, Beldyn heard no significant change in the chaos before him. He knew that at least some of the kender must have been affected by his prayer, but it was difficult to see just how many had been calmed through the foul-smelling haze that had erupted from the thrown pie.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |1.2. . . . . .d. . . . |
    |3.4.c.5.c.c. .c. .c. . |
    { . . .c. . .f. . . . . }
    | .t. . . .c.A. .t.9.0. |
    | . .c.c.c. .c. . .c. . |
    { . .c.*.E.*. . . . . .h}
    |6.*.7.*.*.*.*.c.8. .b. |
    |*.*.T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T. . |
    {*.e.*.O.U.S.B.L.L. .g. }
    |*.*.*.*.*.*.*.L.L. . .a|
    
    1 square = 5 ft.   |= wall   }= open window
    TTT= wooden long table   O= Loren   U= Ulin
    S= Simone   B= Beldyn   LL= Luccia/Sounare
    c or t= kender-sized table or chair, overturned
    (counts as difficult terrain)   E= sheriff   
    A= Bubba   0-9, a,b,d,e= kender pie-flinger 
    f,g,h= deputy!   *= stinking cloud 
    OOC -
    DM Speak: I think you might have thought the cs on the map were kender or something elder because you only effected like four of them. We'll chalk that up to the fact that Beldyn is standing in a stinking cloud and can't see to aim his spell very well. Also, the DC is only an 18 (10 +2 for the spell level +6 for your Cha modifier). However, it's a concentration based spell so you can drop it next round if you want.
    Ulin, DC 18 Will Save (d20+9): 13. Fails. Ulin is calm.
    Simone, DC 18 Will Save (d20+6): 19. Succeeds. Simone is unaffected by the prayer.
    Loren, DC 18 Will Save (d20+9): 21. Succeeds. Loren is unaffected by the prayer.
    Beldyn, DC 18 Will Save (d20+9): 17. Fails. Beldyn is calm.
    Sheriff, DC 18 Will Save (d20+3): 17. Fails. The sheriff is calm.
    Bubba, DC 18 Will Save (d20+1): 15. Fails. Bubba is calm.
    Kender Pie-Flinger #6, DC 18 Will Save (d20-1): 5. Fails. The nauseated kender is calm.
    Kender Pie-Flinger #7, DC 18 Will Save (d20-1): 10. Fails. The nauseated kender is calm.

    Beldyn still has a move action remaining. Everyone else as their full actions left this round as well!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 12-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    As a lord Loren had never liked Kender. They were a drain on the economy, always "borrowing" things and then Loren would have to deal with the complaints of his people about missing items. He thought them childish, and for a time even supported the Kingpriests desire to control the chaotic race. But as his heart softened in his time with Mishakal he had seen the beauty of the wild people. They were always hopeful and never lost the innocence of youth that most humans threw away so quickly. They were truly beloved of Mishakal, so he did everything he could to love them to. But when a pie of the gods know what his face Loren found that he was having trouble maintaining that point of view.

    He moved forward, half blinded by whatever had hit him. All he wanted was to escape the foul smelling gas that surrounded him. Stepping over a small table he eventually made it out of the cloud. "EVERYONE STOP!" the large man bellowed. "We are here on a great quest, and you all have the opportunity to help!"

    OOC:
    Move action NE, should be enough to get out of the cloud even with the difficult terrain. Now, I think diplomacy takes a minute in this situation or something? I'll get it started then I suppose:(3) + 15=18. blah. Continue pelting with pies.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,506

    Default

    Ulin’s eyes watered and nostril hairs singed at the putrid stench. The sorcerer knew kender from his Krynn used small pellets called stink-berries to produce such an effect, and his suspicions were probably not far off. Though Beldyn’s calming words did much to assuage any anger, the sorcerer would not abide being in the middle of a fart cloud. Summoning energies from yet another alien world, he focused his power to create currents of air that surged like a hurricane.

    OOC: Being that Ulin has ranks in Craft Alchemy, I am guessing he knows about Stink-berries. Dave, let me know if I need to edit.

    Ulin uses Craft Spell to make a Gust of Wind:
    Spellcraft: 1D20(8) + 16 = 24, just makes it.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,842

    Default

    The smelly brown miasma clinging to everyone was dispersed into nothingness by the sudden gust of wind created by Ulin calling out to the elements and gently extending his hands before him. The long table separating the group from the chaos of the pie-fight flipped over before the powerful blast of fresh air, sending a few of the small chairs also in the path of Ulin's spell scurrying along the floor like clumsy wooden tumbleweeds through the agile throng of scampering, laughing kender.

    The Wild Magic of this world felt tame to Ulin. It was certainly the purest magic he had ever manipulated and channeled, but he felt no strong emotional reaction to using it either. This didn't bother him in the least. The unpleasant smell was gone now and they could see again. That was what was important. The sheriff turned to look at him when the wind gust died down, but the half-kender looked neither angry or confused. He simply seemed to note the fact that Ulin had produced the magical wind and then calmly resumed his lackadaisical capture of whomever Bubba was.

    Most of the others kender, however, were looking at Loren with interest. His bellowing for a cease fire and subsequent plea for everyone to help him on his “great quest” seemed to have gotten through to the majority of the pie-splattered kender.

    Code:
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    |1.2. . .c. . .d. . . . |
    |3.4.c.5. .c. .c. .c. . |
    { . . .c. . .f. . . . . }
    | .t. . .c.c.A. .t.9.0. |
    | . .c.c. . .c. . .c. . |
    { . .c. .E. .O. . . . .h}
    |6. .7. . . . .c.8. .b. |
    | . .T.T.T.T.T.T.T.T. . |
    { .e. . .U.S.B.L.L. .g. }
    | . . . . . . .L.L. . .a|
    
    1 square = 5 ft.   |= wall   }= open window
    TTT= wooden long table (flipped on it's side)
    O= Loren   U= Ulin   S= Simone   B= Beldyn   
    LL= Luccia/Sounare   E= sheriff   A= Bubba  
    c or t= kender-sized table or chair, overturned
    (counts as difficult terrain)   f,g,h= deputy!   
    0-9, a,b,d,e= kender pie-flinger
    OOC -
    Bubba, DC 10 Listen Check succeeds automatically. Hears Loren.
    Sheriff, DC 11 Listen Check (d20+4): 15. Succeeds. Hears Loren.
    Pie-flingers, DC 10 Listen Check (d20+6): 14. Succeeds. A majority of the pie-flingers hear Loren. I did not feel like rolling individually for all those kender!
    DM Speak: The Wild Magic of Alth is far more stable than it is on other Krynns. There is no wild magic check necessary in this particular instance!
    Ulin, DC 24 Spellcraft succeeds. Crafts a gust of wind spell which automatically disperses the stinking cloud, flips over the long table, and tumbles some of the smaller chairs around.

    Loren still has a move or standard action left and Beldyn still has a move action remaining if he wants to use it. Still Luccia, Sounare, and Simone to go!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 04-26-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Simone slowly and calmly drew her cloak about her and backed up against the wall. While they weren't truly a threat, she did not want to attract any attention from the mischievous Kender redecorating the bar with various foodstuffs.

    OOC
    - 5' Step down and total defense.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    Loren could only hope the draw of an epic adventure would be enough to entertain the kender, but in the mean time he prepared to dodge any more disgusting pies thrown his way.

    OOC:
    Total defense as standard.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Luccia remained mounted waiting to hear what Loren would say. Thankful for the newly cleared air she was ready to duck any incoming pies.

    ---
    OOC- Total Pie Defense

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,842

    Default

    As the others hung back, Loren, alone in the middle of the sunny pastry-covered hall was quickly surrounded by nearly every kender present. There were still a couple of kender in a corner who were insistent on continuing to pie each other in the face with some custard laden pastries, but when they saw that the majority of their cohorts had moved on they too joined the curious throng. With Bubba placated by Beldyn's prayer the now calm sheriff had an easy time corralling the trouble-maker and handing him off to two of his three deputies. The deputies, who had just been hurling pies at other kender a few moments ago appeared to be identical male triplets. Each of them had bright green eyes and bouncing blond topknots. They wore matching tin stars on their green vests and appeared equally embarrassed and covered in pie-filling.

    As the two-dozen plus kender men and women chattered excitedly amongst themselves and peppered Loren with variations of “What's your quest? How can I help? Hi! My name is...” while offering to shake his hand and simultaneously exploring the contents of his backpack (Luccia actually saw one kender clamor onto a friend's shoulders behind the paladin's back to better rifle through his things) the sheriff brushed more cherry pie chunks from his coat and never took his eyes off of Loren and the other towering strangers. A shame-faced deputy hovered in his shadow, fidgeting with his hoopak and trying to look as serious and non-pie covered as possible.

    OOC -
    DM Speak: I'm taking us out of combat. Beldyn calming Bubba was the key to wrapping this up quickly! Feel better, elder? XP should be up shortly.
    Kender Pie-Flingers, Sleight of Hand Checks (d20+6): 11. 25. 11. 10.
    Loren, Perception Checks (d20+1): 5. 8. 5. 18. Three failures and one success. The DM/Moderator will be messing with your character sheet shortly.

    Have at it kids!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •