Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Third Quest - "Kender, Kodragons, and...Cam Banks?"]

Loren's shoulder's sagged slightly under the weight of the armor that he usually carried so easily. It had been a long day. "I might have more questions later, but for now I must pray." Loren had a lot of questions to ask, and a lot of answers to give.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Beldyn continued to listen, it seemed to pretty clear to him. This creature and its brother have messed with powers that they have no idea how to control. And now people were dying because of it. Of course, with the angel hunter chasing it, he wondered if its brother was still alive.

As the others started to filter out, Beldyn wanted to talk to each of his companions. Soth looked trouble and Beldyn could guess what it was. He would talk to the Soth at a later time. That left Simone or Ulin.

He waited for Simone to start to leave the area and was about to change his mind and speak with Ulin instead but bolstered his courage with a quick prayer and approached the huntress, "Simone, a moment please?"
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

There were times when Simone's maturity and intelligence made it easy to forget her age. This was not one of those times. Her previous annoyance with the Wayfarer had grown exponentially with his latest revelations, and she did not feel his... whatever this place was, was a setting that required her to expend the considerable effort needed to maintain her composure.

"Yes?" was her simple response to Beldyn, her tone barely masking her frustration.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

He understood her frustration, he hadnt said a word since getting back to wherever they were because of his anger. But, there were more pressing issues at hand. They had gone up against unknown creatures that did unknown effects against them. He wanted to make sure everyone was ok.

"Before we began, you were not feeling very well. How are you now? Any wounds or unnatural fatigue?" He waited a moment before adding, "I also wanted to thank you. Those little imps had a clear path to me and you stepped in. Thank you."
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

The Wayfarer flitted away, unnoticed, into the shadows and disappeared. Simone and Beldyn were alone in the soft green glow of the huldrefolk's hovering crystal ball.

OOC -
    Carry on you two! I'll get to what new things are in everyone's rooms shortly.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"Don't mention it." Simone replied, the tension easing slightly. "We seem to keep finding ourselves in settings where your faith goes unrequited. That must be hard to deal with."

"I'm fine though," she continued in response to Beldyn's previous concern. "Thank you again for seeing to my health before the trip."
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

Beldyn watched as the greenish lights played off of Simone, it wasnt so long ago but in a different world and time, and much different circumstances, that he had seen a vision of her awash in almost the same colors.

He snapped back to the here and now, it had been rough couple of days for Beldyn but he felt like he was the better for it. "It does seem that we feel the most forsaken when our trials are at their peak. Perhaps Paladine is trying to teach me something about myself." He took a moment to think about the last statement before continuing. "Paladine is a forgiving father. I cannot think of anything that I could do that he would permanently turn away from me." Again he took a moment to think about the past several days.

"I am glad that you are well. If you need anything from me, please do not hesitate to ask." He then added a request, "I would like to speak to you about your world at some other time convenient to you?" Not wanting to keep her longer than she was comfortable, "We are all weary and would do well with some rest."
    Last edited by elder; 06-09-2014 at 07:24 AM.

Simone nodded, letting the rest of her frustration go for the moment. Rest sounded all to good after the bizarre day they'd all had.

The Wayfarer watched with his ageless eyes as his last two champions retired to their chambers for some well-deserved rest. Grimly, he floated down from the darkness of the hall's upper reaches, settling comfortably into the nothingness where he liked to float before the Globe of Present Time Passing. He hoped his cutthroats were faring better on their mission. Two failures in a row would damn them all.

Silently he focused his will through the crystal globe and thrust his consciousness back into the River.

OOC -
    Heh. End thread. A new adventure begins in "If This be Doomsday." Please do the rest of your posting there.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 04-12-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct