Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 215

Thread: IC (In Character) CHAPTER 1

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Along the dusty road just to the north of Solace; a fierce fight between Hobgoblins and a motley foursome of travelers continued....

    Yuri worked out the computations in his head for a more accurate strike against his opponent and this time; the muscular Gnome succeeded in landing a heavy blow that crushed the hip of his opponent and drew forth a yowl of pain and anger; but left his opponent still hobbling around and swinging his blade wildly. The Hobgoblin's swing of desperation managed to land a slight cut along the Gnome's left shoulder* and the two opponents circled each other; looking for an opening in the other's defenses....

    Maxavel dropped her sling and drew her mace and attempted to smash the wounded Hobgoblin in front of her in the head with it. However, she badly misjudged her swing and ended up tripping over a tree-root as the Hobgoblin adroitly stepped out of the way and then smiled a nasty grin as he moved in to strike the now prone woman. He was interrupted by a sudden cry of anger and rage and looked up in astonishment as a man came crashing out of the brush along the side of the road and swung a staff that glowed blue and appeared to be made out of crystal. The Hobgoblin didn't have long to stare in amazement however as the staff connected with its body and smashed the life out of it. Maxavel looked up to see a man in leather armor dyed with unusual markings who had a ruddy complexion; dark black hair; chiseled facial features and dark eyes that locked onto hers. Somehow; with nothing being spoken between the two; she felt a connection and KNEW in her soul that this man and the staff he carried; which now had faded back into looking like a normal staff with an intricate head-piece; were a part of her destiny to find her Goddess....

    Thorn the Dwarf continued to battle his remaining Hobgoblin opponent; but his mace swing just barely missed his opponent who had leaped out of the way at the last moment. The hobgoblin's return swing likewise bounced off of Thorn's bucker shield and the two prepared to trade blows yet again....

    The hobgoblin standing in front of Garth swung his curved sword only to have it glance off of the powerful squire's armor. The Solamnic's counter blow with his flail however crushed his opponent's head in and finished him off. Blackwood looked around at his fellows and saw a badly wounded hobgoblin squared off against Yuri and an untouched hobgoblin facing his Dwarven friend. A man he hadn't seen before seemed to be helping Maxavel up to her feet....

    OOC: Two Hobgoblins remain standing; the badly wounded one fighting Yuri and the untouched one fighting Thorn. Superball: I rolled a 1 for Maxavel; sorry! However, I was going to introduce the NPC carrying the Blue Crystal Staff shortly anyway; so I figured this might be a good time!

    *Yuri takes 3 points of damage from the hit.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gatineau (Quebec), Canada
    Posts
    388

    Default

    "Alright you flea bitten poor excuse for al iving being, I'll crush your hand and dance on your still cooling corpe" The dwarf contibued his verbal abuse in the goblin tongue as he took a swing with his mace trying ot bring his opponent down quickly.
    Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    22

    Default

    "Nyet. Stand still you green-blooded gremlin so I can hammer you into the ground," Yuri shouts at the hobgoblin as he attacks again.

    ************************************************** *********
    Attack roll: 2 +1 = 3 :/
    Dice roll link: http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?s...Yuri+the+Gnome

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Maxavel tripped, and went down hard. She cursed her luck, waiting for the Hobgoblin's blade to fall...and then came that blue flash, and the sickening sound of a cracked skull. The stranger with the staff helped her to her feet, and the whole world just fell away for a moment. She dipped to retrieve her sling, hung the mace at her belt and just stared at the wild-looking man with eyes like a turbulent sky.

    "Th-thank you." She said to him.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    "You hobos should run while you still can. Last warning." Garth says to the two remaining hobgoblins.

    Seeing that two against one would be a dishonorable fight, he goes to help Maxavel stand up.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    As the three humans eye one another and begin to have a conversation the two semi-humans in the party continue their respective battles with the Hobgoblins still in the fight.

    Yuri the gnome moves quickly and with a with a powerful swing of his hammer he ends the threat posed by the Hobgoblin in front of him permanently. Taking a deep breath; he relaxes for a moment as the adrenaline in his system slowly comes back down to 'normal operating levels'....

    The Hobgoblin across from Thorn the Dwarf swings his curved sword and manages to draw a line of blood from a cut in the Dwarf's armor on the upper part of his right thigh*; but the Dwarf just grunts in pain and returns a strike with his mace the crushes the skull of his opponent. Looking around warily for any more of the evil creatures; Thorn sees no-one standing but his companions....and a strange human male who is talking to Maxavel and Garth....

    Garth helps Maxavel to her feet as she thanks the new arrival and both gawk a moment at the stoic individual who just nods at them with a serious look on both his chiseled face and in his dark eyes. His ruddy complexion and smooth-skinned face along with his roughly-made Leather armor and buckskin grouses all give clues about where he comes from; but it is the leather band that circles his forehead and has the feathers of a hawk wrapped in it that most definitely confirm for the travelers that this man is one of the Plainsmen that they had heard stories about back in Crossing.

    The Plainsmen were considered to be Barbarians; though usually peaceful even if very cautious in protecting their territory. This man was clearly a warrior; as the armor and the bow and arrows on his back and bone-handled Knife on his hip could attest. It was the strange staff with the ornate head however that he held out to Maxavel and spoke of with a strong accent.

    "I am Walks-at-night of the Que-Kiri people; and a week ago I was compelled by a vision of a Goddess in Blue Light to travel to the East; through a mountain pass and into swamps to a ruined temple of stone and find this staff. I fought past strange creatures with leathery wings that I don't remember much of and even a terrifying huge beast that was like something out of a nightmare....but in the end; I came to a statue of the woman in my vision; and the statue handed me this staff while showing me a vision of a dark-skinned woman from a far-away land who would be the Goddess' chosen one in the days to come. Then with a flash of Blue-Light the staff transported me to just outside of the town in trees...Solace; it is called. I soon learned that many people were looking for this staff and many Hobgoblins and Ogres and other foul creatures as well. I fear for something or someone has organized many of these evil creatures....and this makes me worried about my village....my people. This staff; has the power to truly heal....it belongs to the chosen one; so here.....it is yours now.....I must return to my village and help protect it from the threat which I fear is coming. Take care....and may the Goddess look after you; as she did for me."

    With that the intense man handed the staff to Maxavel and with a solemn nod to the party; he quickly began to melt into the woods....

    OOC: *Thorn takes 4 points of damage

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Max listened to the tribesman, doumbfounded. That the Godddess should send this man into peril to deliver this staff to her was overwhelming news. Max reached out, taking the smoothly wrought staff into her hands. It was taller than her, and the top was affixed with a bright blue crystal. She didn't even have time to stammer out proper thanks before the barbarian melted away into the trees.

    She held the artifact lovingly. She had no idea about it. Was it a badge of office? Did it contain mystical powers? Whatever it was, it was from her Goddess, and she treasured it. Max looked to her companions.

    "We have to hide this assault, and get off of the road ourselves. Other powers are looking for this staff, obviously. We have to find a way to disguise it. This is a symbol of the Goddess, Garth. We have to protect it."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    If this is truly a symbol of the gods, we shouldn't hide it, but proudly carry it so that the evil forces know who they will face. And also to give back hope to the people.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Max cocked an eyebrow at the would-be knight.

    "You jest, Garth, surely? We were almost murdered and robbed by an agency looking for this thing, and we didn't even have it. What good will we do for the hopes of people if we die over it?"
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gatineau (Quebec), Canada
    Posts
    388

    Default

    "That?" The Dwarf inquired, kicking the corpse at his feet. "That's just a normal day in the 'Keep." He added. And with that he bent down to do the pocket of the hobgoblin he had killed. Hey Steel was Steel, no matter the pocket they coma from.
    Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •