Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC (Out of character)

Yeah...the older I get; the more I realize that just about everything in the Character section for UA just isn't for me. Barbarians...which I thought were SOOOO cool as a kid; now seem damn near crippling.....6,000xp for Level 2? ARE THEY SERIOUS? Can't even associate with Magic Users until the mid-levels?

Cavaliers are okay....but again...got earn quite a bit of XP to even get to Level 1; the percentile thing for the attributes is great...until and Attribute actually cycles over and then it's slow as molasses until it happens again....and most of the special advantages really aren't worth it...unless you're in a campaign where you're mounted a lot.

The Weapon Specialization rules are pretty bad-ass....but they never should have made them available to Rangers.....an already uber-class becomes even more so; at the same time marginalizing Fighters even more.

One of the few advantages Fighters DO have is the number of Proficiency slots....and this is wasted with the Specialization rules that eat them up.

Now....to be fair; I DO like the new Level limits (for the most part); I like the equipment chapter and some of the Spells are pretty damn cool.

Anyway...sorry....I got off on a tangent.....basically; I make Specialization available ONLY to Fighters and at no extra proficiency costs because basically; I think the Fighter really needs SOMETHING going for it!

Sounds good.

Let's add the Hand/throwing axe to my list.
    Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Character info updated on the PC thread; thanks amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by maxvale View Post

I will be putting up the first post of the game here shortly.....only pressing thing is Mr. Garth; if you could please finish up your character with some HP rolls (5d10); selection of Weapon Proficiencies and spending cash on equipment; I'd appreciate it!

-Max
    PMed

Okay gentlemen; we will be getting started here shortly....perhaps tomorrow. I just need Garth to finish up his character (buying gear) and we're good to go.

Please note your character sheets in the PC thread....I made a few small mods here and there; please feel free to fill out the Background section if you like (or not...your call); and please note the Magic Item(s) in Bold that each character has. Thorn the Dwarf has a trio of +1 Crossbow Bolts; Yuri the Gnome has a +1 Buckler; Garth Blackwood the Paladin has a Ring of Warmth; Maxavel will be gaining a certain Bluish Staff-like Item VERY shortly into the adventure; and the NPC Vale the Elf has Bracers of Defense. It is entirely possible that some or all of you are not aware that these items are enchanted and may just think of them as cherished family heirlooms.

Using the agreed upon story from the recruitment thread earlier; the party will have come together via the journey to Abanasinia (....and/or fished out of the drink after a glorious short while in a rocket and now tagging along the interesting people who did said fishing ) and will be starting off on the road just north of Solace (minus the NPC Vale; who will join the party in Solace...unless you guys COMPLETELY throw me for a loop and decide to not even go to Solace! ).

Oh yeah....quick question...do you guys want to do your own rolling or have me do it? I tend to prefer the latter as it allows me to do it all at once (after you tell me your chosen action of course) and then post the results. If you'd like to do your own rolling; I know of two good Dice Rolling sites (I'm sure there's dozens of others): Invisible Castle and Unseen Servant. I don't care which site people want to use but I'd prefer we choose one and do all rolling with signed in names just to make sure everything is on the up-and-up.

Everybody doing good? Any questions/concerns? Looking forward to getting this show on the road!

-Max

Okay gentlemen; we will be getting started here shortly....perhaps tomorrow. I just need Garth to finish up his character (buying gear) and we're good to go.

Please note your character sheets in the PC thread....I made a few small mods here and there; please feel free to fill out the Background section if you like (or not...your call); and please note the Magic Item(s) in Bold that each character has. Thorn the Dwarf has a trio of +1 Crossbow Bolts; Yuri the Gnome has a +1 Buckler; Garth Blackwood the Paladin has a Ring of Warmth; Maxavel will be gaining a certain Bluish Staff-like Item VERY shortly into the adventure; and the NPC Vale the Elf has Bracers of Defense. It is entirely possible that some or all of you are not aware that these items are enchanted and may just think of them as cherished family heirlooms.

Using the agreed upon story from the recruitment thread earlier; the party will have come together via the journey to Abanasinia (....and/or fished out of the drink after a glorious short while in a rocket and now tagging along the interesting people who did said fishing ) and will be starting off on the road just north of Solace (minus the NPC Vale; who will join the party in Solace...unless you guys COMPLETELY throw me for a loop and decide to not even go to Solace! ).

Oh yeah....quick question...do you guys want to do your own rolling or have me do it? I tend to prefer the latter as it allows me to do it all at once (after you tell me your chosen action of course) and then post the results. If you'd like to do your own rolling; I know of two good Dice Rolling sites (I'm sure there's dozens of others): Invisible Castle and Unseen Servant. I don't care which site people want to use but I'd prefer we choose one and do all rolling with signed in names just to make sure everything is on the up-and-up.

Everybody doing good? Any questions/concerns? Looking forward to getting this show on the road!

-Max
    Done, just PMed you the equipment list.

And I don't mind letting you do the rolls.

If we're talking about using online Dice Rollers, I'd rather you did the rolling, Max. I hate those things.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

I don't mind eitherway. I'm in an online game where the GM does all the roll and it works well.
    Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Okey-dokey; I will do all the rolling then and just to let everyone know; the game has now begun! The first post is up in the IC (In Character) thread and right out the gate; we've got an encounter with some Hobgoblins! (I know, I know...big surprise to all of you who are familiar with DL 1 and/or chronicles!)

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns and game-on!

Oh yeah....Garth it's cool (and makes sense) for Garth Blackwood to have a proficiency in and to own a Light Lance; but I'm not anticipating any real mounted combat for quite a while; so it's your call if you want to have left the Lance you purchased at home. You are of course welcome to bring it along; and I'll let you use it as a sort of awkward Spear if you like (maybe a -1 to attack rolls?); but I just thought I'd mention it! (The trip was pretty much walking; at sea; and then walking again for everybody)

-Max

-Max
    I would prefer to roll myself using invisible castle. The website is fairly straightforward and all you have to do is include the weblink to your character's dice rolls. IME, having the DM doing all the dice rolls for a player adds unnecessary work for the online DM.