Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucien's Tarokka Deck Reading

Default Lucien's Tarokka Deck Reading

Lucien

When all was prepared, Lucien headed for the outskirts of the marketplace. That's where a Vistana caravan would be. The marketplace of Pont-a-Museau was a bloated portion of the city, a hotbed of trade. One could smell greed itself, coming up through the city's expansive sewer system. Secrets were being told as well, for gold of course. Lucien got the feeling unseen foes were slinking about on a clandestine mission to capture him.

It was just at the far edge of the marketplace, near the Musarde, that Lucien spotted a vistana caravan, its brightly colored vardos mounted up with sturdy draft horses. There were many goats with the caravan, but they had been gathered together into a central area. Citizens of Pont-a-Museau were leaving with copious amounts of purchased milk and cheese. Lucien saw the packing of crates going on among the vistana caravan as he approached across a small sun-dappled field.

As Lucien had nearly crossed the field, a vistana man turned to approach him, stopping about ten feet away. The man saw that Lucien was armed and so pulled out a knife, just in case.

http://
    upload gambar

"What do you want with us, giorgio? Make it quick." He made a gesture with his chin. "We are leaving."

OOC
    Ray, just curious, are you taking Grace with you? It matters to me
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Seeing the man armed and in a threatening pose, Lucien let go of Grace's reins and bowed to the man with hands wide open.

"Bonjour monsieur, I am Lucien Renier. And I'm wondering if your caravan was perhaps on it's way to the lands of Barovia. If you are then I would be interested in traveling with you. I have money if you want, or if you need a strong arm to help against threats to your Vardos, I am no incompetent with my blade and guns."

Reclaiming Grace's reins, he walked her forward hoping the man would be more amenable.

OOC:
    Diplomacy D20(14)+8=22
    and yes Grace and my cart with my camping gear are coming with me
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 09-10-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Lucien

"We don't need a giorgio's help to travel the Mists," the man laughed. But apparently, money talked. "I'll tend to your horse and put it with the goats. You may ride under the tarp in that wagon filled with crates of apples, and you will find your way to Barovia. That is, for twenty scandals."

The vistani sheathed his dagger and held out his palm, waiting for payment.

OOC
    Vistana man persuaded from Indifferent to Friendly.

I will, Darvig uttered.

"Monsieur, please I only have 15 scandals upon me, but if you could let me join you I'm sure I may have something else that may interest you."

OOC:
    Diplomacy D20(13)+8=21

I will, Darvig uttered.

Lucien

"Fifteen scandals and you wrestle the bear," the Vistana man countered, but he took Grace with great skill and gentleness and accepted fifteen scandals, then led Lucien to the wagon, and lifted up the tarp for him. He was tight-lipped about anything having to do with wrestling a bear. When Lucien climbed in, having to lay prone, the Vistana man said one more thing before dropping the tarp over Lucien.

"Help yourself to a few of those, if you get hungry," he said advisingly. "You're gonna need plenty of them apples to keep the doctor away." The vistana man chuckled as if it was a joke and dropped the tarp.

Lucien then felt the wagon lurch, as the vistana caravan plodded forth. Lucien soon napped. When he woke he wasn't sure how much time had passed - how long he had slept. The wagon wasn't moving. He heard jovial shouting. He heard a low lumbering roar, of something gargantuan. He lifted his head out from under the tarp.

The vistana had camped in a clearing in the woods and it was just past dusk. Around a large campfire and an even larger perimeter of vardos, the vistana tribe gathered in a circle. Many were shouting. Many were betting. Others were booing. Beautiful, brightly scarved vistana maidens shriveled their noses and hid their faces at the gruesome parts, but were loving it. There was a battle going on, man versus bear. A muscled vistana man carried no weapons. The bear was muzzled at the jaws. The two wrestled for victory - a pin held for three moments.

host image online

The vistana man was a veteran. Lucien could see scars marking his years of experience, and bloody scratches where the bear's claws had torn through the sacks tied over their sharpness, where they had snagged him. It had already been a long fight. Now the vistana man threw himself at the bear once more, and tackled it, on top of it on the ground. The tribe cheered in steady succession three times, and at the end, the vistana man still had the bear on its back. He let go and stood up for victory, raising both hands in the air. Vistana ate and drank and shouted merrily, some angrily. Coin changed hands. Others controlled the bear with great skill. The vistana man in Pont-a-Museau that had taken the fifteen scandals from Lucien and gave him the ride under the tarp happened to be standing near him. He looked back and saw Lucien.

"Giorgio!" he shouted enthusiastically. Others turned, and joined in.

"Giorgio!" they shouted, and more and more vistana began looking Lucien's way.

Soon the whole tribe was shouting, under the light of the full moon. It was the Dark of the Moon when Lucien...last remembered.

"Giorgio!" continued the vistana camp, every last one of them, some sixty of seventy folk, shouting relentlessly for Lucien to be next to wrestle the bear, or surely be perceived as a dirty rat of a coward.

OOC
    Perception DC 20: d20+7= 9, nevermind.

I will, Darvig uttered.

When he finally realized what the vistana wanted him to do, Lucien sighed and climbed down out of the back of the cart. Pulling out his pistols and daggers, he then tucked them into the confines of his cloak. Knowing that his musket and Eve would not fit in those pouches, he instead wrapped his cloak around them both before stepping toward the fire and its spectators.

"I will do this thing for you, but I will wish to wear my armor. While you thrill to see my blood spilled, I do not. I am not as hardy as your champion there, and I will surely fail against this beast. So please let me wear this so as to at least save my life."

Putting down his bundle, Lucien stepped into the circle and stared at the creature. Never had he'd seen a bear before. The thing was so large, he wasn't sure he could wrap his arms around it. He stepped into the beginnings of his dance. Without the steel to give it balance though, it seemed awkward and wrong. Nonetheless, if this was what they wanted for his payment for the trip to Barovia, he will do it.

He just hoped to survive.

OOC:
    Diplomacy D20(20! )+8=28 to get the vistana to allow him to wear his armor (damn wrote all that before i rolled!)
    After entering the fire I go full defensive before initiative

I will, Darvig uttered.

Lucien

"I am not as hardy as your champion there, and I will surely fail against this beast."

"Booo! Boooo!" the crowd jeered. They were starved for bravado, not a wimpy noble without confidence.

Putting down his bundle, Lucien stepped into the circle and stared at the creature.

"Yaaaaay! Yaaaaay!" the crowd cheered. Despite the previous jeers, once Lucien stepped in to face the bear, the jeers didn't seem to matter anymore. The wrestling match between giorgio and bear was on. The vistana began placing bets and yelling louder and louder for the wrestling match to begin. The bear handlers let the bear go, and it came bounding straight at Lucien faster than Lucien could react. Just in time he ducked as the muzzled bear swiped at him to pull him into its deadly embrace. The tribe roared with excitement.

OOC
    Lucien: the vistana have no problem with you wearing your armor.
    Lucien goes into total defense.
    Initiative Lucien d20+6= 7. Bear 17.
    Bear charges. One claw comes swiping out at Lucien 13, misses.
    Lucien's turn! Bear at -2 AC due to charge.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Trying to put some kind of defense against the beast, Lucien lunged towards its midsection.

OOC:
    Melee touch D20(13)+11-2(combat expertise)=22
    CMB to grab D20(8)+8=16 not gonna do it I think

I will, Darvig uttered.

Lucien

Lucien tried to tackle the bear, but it swatted him in the side of the head in the process. Lucien felt disoriented from the blow but shook it off quickly, bleeding from a scratch on the ear where the bear’s claws were tearing through the sacks tied over its claws to prevent opposing wrestlers from being ripped apart. The bear was quicker than anticipated and pulled Lucien into its embrace. Lucien went with it and tried to bowl the bear over for a quick pin, using all his strength. He nearly succeeded, but the bear came roaring back and knocked Lucien onto his back, its weight falling heavy on top of him. Lucien was pinned.

The vistana tribe shouted three times before Lucien could even catch his breath, and the wrestling match was quickly over. Lucien had lost. The bear was ferocious, but fortunately the bear’s handlers came and coaxed the bear off of Lucien before the angry bear could act on its instincts and crush and tear Lucien to pieces.

The vistana roared. Coin changed hands. The vistana captain was the first to enter the cleared circle and help Lucien to his feet after his quick defeat.

“You tried, giorgio. You almost had him! There is no shame. You showed bravery.” The vistana leaned in closer so only Lucien could hear. “...except for declaring your defeat before the match even started!” The vistana captain slapped Lucien encouragingly on the back anyway. Lucien had won him over as a friend.

Another vistana was preparing to wrestle the bear, and so the vistana captain took Lucien out from the center of attention to make room for the next bout.

“I want you to meet my beloved, the raunie of our tribe. Her name is Madame Polushka. She is there,” the vistana captain said, pointing. "If you wish, for a small price, she may tell your fortune." The vistana captain left Lucien standing alone for a moment, as the captain went to her. Lucien saw him speaking with her, explaining who Lucien was.

MADAME POLUSHKA and CAPTAIN MORTU, HUSBAND AND WIFE
    screen shot on pc

She was beautiful. She wasn't an old, weathered crone like Lucien had heard stories of, as far as vistana seers went. She wore a brightly colored dressed, and a silky violet shirt that accentuated how gloriously buxom she was. She was heavily jeweled, with rings on every finger, a sparkling diamond nose-piercing, large gold hoop earrings, hordes of dangling necklaces, and a circlet that must have been worth a fortune adorning her head, over her long raven hair. Her expression, however, within her sultry eyes, was dark and brooding.

The vistana captain, Madame Polushka's husband - a lucky man from what Lucien could tell - waved Lucien over to them once Lucien saw her give a small nod.

"Greetings, giorgio," she said evenly, and that is all that she said.

"She has agreed," the captain said reassuringly to Lucien.

"Please, step with me into my vardo," she invited, though no friendliness shown in her eyes or voice. "For a small price, I will reveal to you things you were meant to know, and things you were not meant to know. Do you wish to know these things....the things the Tarokka Deck will reveal?"

OOC
    Bear: AoO when Lucien tries to grab 21, hits. Because the sacks covering the bear’s claws (meant to keep the wrestle to nonlethal damage by the vistani) are a little ripped some, damage is split between lethal and nonlethal damage. Lucien takes 4 nonlethal and 3 nonlethal. Bear attempts to grab on AoO: CMB = 23, grabs Lucien! Lucien has the grappled condition.
    Lucien: instead of retroactively editing your post, I assume that with your CMB check you’d try to pin the bear while in the grapple. Your roll CMB = 16 fails (needed a 19! Close!)
    Bear’s turn: tries to pin Lucien. CMB = 27. pins Lucien.
    Bear wins.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Still holding his ribs where the bear had clawed him, Lucien bowed to the lady.

"I apologize mademoiselle, but I gave my last gold scandals to ride with your caravan. I do still have some silver secrets, if you would except them. I have nothing other to pay with."

I will, Darvig uttered.