Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryth's Tarokka Deck Reading

Ryth picked up the coins and put them back in his pouch. He would not throw them away as the crazy old lady suggested, for they were of pure gold. They had been coined by a master dwarven coinsmith. More than one coin had been melted down and used for other purposes.

Beginning to become irritated with the old hag, for he had not even asked for this so called reading, he tapped the table with his fingers, trying to think of what it would take to get out of the cramped wagon alive. Had he known more about where he had arrived at the behest of the accursed mist, he may have shot his way out. However, he didn't have enough to go on, and he didn't want to take the chance of alerting any local authorities. After reading the writ on the post outside of the gates, and knowing that these people were the so called Vistana, he determined to tread lightly. Besides, he may just learn more about where he was from these people.

"If my coin does not suit you, what about this," he said smoothly, pulling out a small glass vial. Within swirled a light blue liquid the consistency of wine. "This is worth five times what I offered prior, and will heal any wound from arrow or blade," he said, setting the small vial down before the crone.

OOC
    Ryth will offer one potion of cure light wounds (50gp value)
    Diplomacy check to convince crone to take the deal: d20 (16) + 0 = 16
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Ryth

"Yes, that is of value," she said, holding up the vial in the candlelight of the dark vardo to see the liquid's blue swirl.

"In fact, giorgio, for this, you may also spend the night safe in our campsite, and enjoy our food and drink, instead of facing the Creatures of the Night. With your wounds you would never make it to the village of Barovia tonight, nor would you be able to enter. For another price - again, something of value to you - in the morning you may ride along with our tribe, in one of the wagons, to another place."

"You see, giorgio, the Vistana," she said cryptically, "travel The Mists."

Caw!

OOC
    Madame Babooshka goes from Indifferent to Friendly toward Ryth.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

"Thank you, Madame Babooshka," he said. Pleased that the transaction had been completed, and relieved that he was getting out with his skin intact, he felt embolden. "Please, tell me of the mists," he asked sincerely.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Ryth

Her eyes slipped back into the top of her head, leaving milky white eyes...not staring at him.

"For you to know the Bleak Road, the Emerald Stream, The Heretic's Egress, the Jackal's Ruse..." her voice become more dire, quavering more and more ...Leviathan's Clutches, the Path of Innocence, the Road of a Thousand Secrets!..."

Caw! Caw!

"...the Shattering Passage! The Shrouded Way! The Walk of the Loa! The Way of Venomous Tears!!"

Both her hands came clapping down hard on the wooden table, and she breathed heavily and weakly as she came out of her trance, her eyes returned. Many moments passed as she recovered.

"We, the Vistana, may navigate the Mists. You, giorgio, you would be wise not to speak of them or travel them, without due payment to a Vistana tribe."

The old crone, after that, appeared very tired.

"Do you wish to travel the Mists with our tribe, upon the morn? If so, you may pay now. I am weak and tired, and the night is late."

I will, Darvig uttered.

The woman's mad ranting alarmed Ryth, causing him to start when she slammed the table. "My apologies, Madam. I did not mean to cause you trouble," he said, rising from his seat. "I would appreciate traveling with your tribe, if you would have me. What payment can I offer to please the tribe?" he asked.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Ryth

"Something of true value to you," she replied cryptically.

http://
    print screen
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 09-27-2013 at 12:01 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.