Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 692

Thread: "Chapter Two: Where Opportunity Knocks Once and Lightning Strikes Twice"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,465

    Default Squalk

    "If the windows are shuttered, how we're you going to signal them?", Squalk squalked at Slim.
    Last edited by Drakestendor; 09-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    198

    Default Thinking out loud

    "I wonder if we shouldn't bring "Charlotte" all trussed up and try to gain access the usual way, by knocking on the door and saying hi. I don't see why we need to try to ambush the guy? We think he is friend, yes?"
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,628

    Post Too Many Crooks Spoil the Plot

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickCiggy View Post
    Enya banded her arms across her chest and regarded the drow closely. "What was your original plan, Slim? The one that made it imperative for you to enter the Hermit's alone, save for Squalk?"

    OOC:
    Sense Motive Check 1d20(10) +6 = 16

    IN-GAME:

    *BEFORE adventurers' powow:

    "The plan hasn't really changed. I just don't want to alarm the Hermit with too many strangers!" Slim insisted. "If he is at ease with Charlotte, I will be able to charm him into doing what I ask. If you have a way of making it appear there are only TWO real visitors, say myself and Squalk and the harmless monkey, that's fine. Or if you want to take BIG risks being detected and throw in the camouflaged bird woman instead of her pet, then the consequences be on your heads!" The accursed foxheart female looked skeptical, naturally.

    The drow tried again, getting impatient. "Look, Squalk won't alarm the Hermit because I've already told him about Squalk being on the Island and being an old friend. That's why I'd still prefer the two of us to go in alone. Any more and you risk putting his back up, and then we'll all get covered in spells before you can blink."

    He dropped the Charlotte act for just a moment. "I see this going one of two ways. I succeed in disarming the Hermit and making him calm and compliant with my charms, such that when you enter, I can tell him not to attack. Or else I fail, in which case Squalk and I will still be distracting him while you get past the wards. We two get in position behind him, and once you get inside you mount an ambush---or show him he's outnumbered and state your terms---from his other side. Simple."



    OOC: Slim appears to believe what he is saying, but he also seems desperate to get this mission under way.

    The NPC is impatient---in contrast, your DM is having a blast!
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-13-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Slim's plan elaborated: two scenarios
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,628

    Post Silent Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post
    "If the windows are shuttered, how we're you going to signal them?", Squalk squalked at Slim.
    *BEFORE adventurers' powwow:

    "Who said anything about signaling? We go in first, then the others make their way past his wards and come in after us to surprise the old man," the dark elf answered. "If they trip the wards instead of disarming them, we use his confusion to make our move, get behind him."
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    218

    Default Intentions, anyone? [ENYA]

    Enya and her brother gathered with the others at the "pow-wow." Wynn had remained silent and seemed intent continuing to be so. He lingered at Enya's back as she addressed the rest of the party. She motioned to Tam and said, "I believe she makes a valid point. There is no need to assume the Hermit is a hostile. We should go along with Slim's plan, with the exception of sending Cato. He should be able to alert us to any danger via his empathetic link with Oksana. Otherwise, I say we just wait and use the front door." She addressed the entire party and said, "Can we agree that we have no intention of turning the Hermit over for to MacGuffin for money? We are here strictly because he is of interest to MacGuffin. An enemy of an enemy and all that."
    Last edited by SlickCiggy; 09-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    "Flowers for the widows."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I agree we aren't in this for the money. I don't think the elf is in this for the money either.
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Oksana turned to Tamsyn in surprise. "You no think elf is in it for money? What do you think his motive is?"
    "Friends don't let friends mend evil altars." - UngainlyDodge
    "The goblin died as he had lived, ignorant of what was going on and generally outraged." - UngainlyDodge

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    198

    Default

    "I will leave that up to wiser cats than myself to determine, but I wonder if he is trying to take something magic from the old man. Someone who is better at these things than I am should surprise him with the question and gauge his reaction."

    OOC Someone with a good sense motive ought to try a check while asking what the magic item is that Slim is trying to steal.
    Last edited by dustyangel74; 09-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    522

    Default So here is plan...

    Oksana nodded. "I knew there was reason we are comrades." She turned to the group. "So, plan is to let Slim and Squalk go in with Cato. Squalk can talk as much to hermit as possible to determine if he could be ally. Cato will act as relay if help is needed." She nodded toward Tamsyn. "We will ask Slim what magic item he is wanting to steal. (OOC: everyone with sense motive can try it) Then we proceed to hermit. Yes?"

    (OOC: Sense Motive check: d20:17 + 13 = 30)
    Last edited by Simoriah; 09-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    "Friends don't let friends mend evil altars." - UngainlyDodge
    "The goblin died as he had lived, ignorant of what was going on and generally outraged." - UngainlyDodge

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    198

    Default Sounds like a plan

    "I am in" and returning to the campsite I will start packing my gear.

    OOC: My sense motive is an 18+5=23
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •