Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: "Chapter Two: Where Opportunity Knocks Once and Lightning Strikes Twice"

Post You Look Good in Paisley?

The drow looked doubtful at the strix' suggestion. When he spoke it was with Charlotte's husky tones. "How good are you at imitating patterns? Once were are inside the Hermit's hut, your chameleon abilities would have to blend with the hideous hodgepodge of ornamental rugs he hangs over every wall. I think it would be easier if we took your monkey inside than you."

Then he eyed Wynn. "If you have the delicate skills to disable traps, you'll need them. Keep your eyes peeled for the faint glow of sigils, which look like incredibly thin glowing cracks over a hard surface. On his stone house they can look like veins of mineral deposit and are very tricky to spot. The Hermit has wards over the two shuttered windows, single door, and chimney flue that are the only entrances to his dwelling."
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-12-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Monkey?
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Default I look good in everything

Oksana crossed her arms. "Is not a problem. Colors, patterns, textures...all same." She shrugged. "Besides, I never say I go inside. There are windows, yes?"
    "Friends don't let friends mend evil altars." - UngainlyDodge
    "The goblin died as he had lived, ignorant of what was going on and generally outraged." - UngainlyDodge

Post Not Clear as Glass

"Windows shuttered from the inside," Slim corrected. "And the dwelling is completely soundproofed. No noise escapes in or out."
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-12-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Oksana glared at him. The drow was on her last nerve. "Then I will blend with rugs. Be helpful or shut up." Suddenly a thought occurred to her. "MacGuffin wants hermit alive. What exactly is your plan to capture hermit?"
    Last edited by Simoriah; 09-13-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    "The goblin died as he had lived, ignorant of what was going on and generally outraged." - UngainlyDodge

Default Fun to make you all disappear

"I would be happy to make you all disappear." At the menacing look from Enya I realize what I meant to say is "I mean make you invisible. Also I can detect magic auras which should help find the wards so we can avoid them, but I don't think I can do much about disabling them."
    The mystical divinity of unashamed felinity Round the cathedral rang 'Vivat' Life to the everlasting cat!

Post Can't Lend a Hand Till It's Free

Quote Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post
    Squalk looked at Enya and waited for her word.
    "Squalk," the drow began calmly, still effeminately, "Enya gave you the key to my bonds since you'd be closest to me if danger threatened, didn't she? She trusts you and it is yours to use. Please, release me now that we are close to our goal. That was our deal when I patiently agreed to be manacled, remember?"

His tone shifted lower. "But my patience will run out. I will neither accompany you nor aid you further until my hands are released."

To the catfolk's words, he added thoughtfully, "Being invisible may help you get past one of his defenses, but it's hard to be sure. The Hermit changes them almost daily. Also, I'm sorry to say no divination spells will work close to the house. Not unless I can dispel the effect that prevents divinations from working." Slim looked pointedly at Squalk.
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-12-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Default If we no like...

Oksana slanted a look sideways as Tamsyn's face appeared over her shoulder. The catperson put her mouth right next to Oksana's ear and whispered, sending a wave of gooseflesh down the strix's arms.

"We need to talk before we go any farther," she whispered.

More gooseflesh paraded down Oksana's arms and she gritted her teeth. "Now?"

Tamsyn nodded. "Squalk, perhaps Slim could hug the tree for a bit? I have a secret recipe I must share with you right now." She looked around. "All of you." She narrowed her eyes at the drow. "Except Slim."

"Very subtle," Oksana muttered. Squalk stared at her as if asking if the catperson had gone insane. Oksana gestured for him to do as she suggested and handcuff Slim to a tree. After he'd done so, Fortune's Hand moved off a ways into the forest.

"All right," Tamsyn started. "Can someone tell me exactly what we're going to do when we get to the hermit's?"

Oksana crossed her arms and shook out her wings. "I say enemy of my enemy is my friend. Perhaps hermit can help us kill MacGuffin? We should let Slim lead us there and then incapacitate him somehow so we can talk to hermit. If we don't like what hermit has to say, we eliminate him." She shrugged. "Simple."

Post Born With a Silver Tongue in His Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Simoriah View Post
    Oksana glared at him. The drow was on her last nerve. "Then I will blend with rugs. Be helpful or shut up." Suddenly a thought occurred to her. "MacGuffin wants hermit alive. What exactly is your plan to capture hermit?"
    Slim smiled. "My plan? I have certain persuasive abilities at my disposal that should make the formidable Hermit more compliant to whatever I propose." He paused, then added, "What would you like me to propose he do?"

The grin vanished when minutes later the adventurers handcuffed him around the tree and withdrew for their private conference. He mentally reviewed the powers he had prayed for that morning. None of the ones that did not require gestures would be useful yet. He let out a curse in Elven which meant, loosely translated, "May your final lover be a deranged drider," i.e., a kind of half-drow fiend with eight legs.
    Last edited by UngainlyDodge; 09-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Default Nuisance [ENYA]

Quote Originally Posted by UngainlyDodge View Post
    Slim smiled. "My plan? I have certain persuasive abilities at my disposal that should make the formidable Hermit more compliant to whatever I propose." He paused, then added, "What would you like me to propose he do?"

The grin vanished when minutes later the adventurers handcuffed him around the tree and withdrew for their private conference. He mentally reviewed the powers he had prayed for that morning. None of the ones that did not require gestures would be useful yet. He let out a curse in Elven which meant, loosely translated, "May your final lover be a deranged drider," i.e., a kind of half-drow fiend with eight legs.
    Enya banded her arms across her chest and regarded the drow closely. "What was your original plan, Slim? The one that made it imperative for you to enter the Hermit's alone, save for Squalk?"

OOC:
    Sense Motive Check 1d20(10) +6 = 16
    "Flowers for the widows."