Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 345

Thread: Light In The Mists: Main Thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default Anica

    "Yes silly, Anica. And your Nizami. Now that we've been reintroduced, there's a bardic competition in this tent soon." She stopped and followed his gaze over her shoulder. "But if you are too interested in other things.."



    OOC:
    Perception D20(15)+7=22 to see why he wasn't paying attention to the pretty girl in front of him

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Anica

    Nizami seems to be looking at a sickly looking raven sitting on the back of a chair, which now seems to be staring at the two of you with empty eyes.

    OOC
    i rolled a knowledge check for you... d20(4) + 7= 11.. fail

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madkerik View Post
    "Yes silly, Anica. And your Nizami. Now that we've been reintroduced, there's a bardic competition in this tent soon." She stopped and followed his gaze over her shoulder. "But if you are too interested in other things.."
    He gave one last look at the raven and turned back to Anica. "No I have no interests. I mean, I'm not interesting. No... I... sigh." Nizami hung his head for a moment. He wasn't used to people talking to him like he was a normal person let alone a beautiful woman talking. He took a deep breath and collected himself.

    "What I was trying to say was, I would love to accompany you to your competition. I'm suppose to be chronicling the festival events anyhow and that would be a great place to start. After you my lady." Nizami said with a wave of his arm.
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 09-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    675

    Default the Bull

    "a raven for a wolf pup, ring the bell and win the shiny"

    The Bull scanned the fair crowd and chanted his mantra.

    "a raven for a wolf pup, ring the bell and win the shiny necklace! Step right up Holy Lady, show the strength of your god"

    OOC:
    perception check d20(8)+2=10

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default Anica

    Giving the raven one last look, Anica stepped in to the tent before Nizami. She pulled her pack off her back and with drew her violin and bow. She then pulled a sheet of music out from inside, then handed the pack to Nizami.
    "Thank you.", she said as she walked away tuning the violin. She started a few quick songs to warm up to before the contest started.



    OOC:
    Perception D20(8)+7=15 on the creepy bird
    Preform[Violin] D20(13)+10=23 to warm up before the contest

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,525

    Default

    Varsinya

    A silver belladonna necklace caught Varsinya's eye. This man was huge. This was a weird day. It was okay though, she thought. Never was there a time, even when she was a little girl, that the days leading to the full moon had her on edge, her surroundings a bit surreal. Headstrong, however, she decided it could indeed be a sign from Ezra. She heard the sound of a violin too. It could be Hardy.

    Varsinya approached the man with the red hammer.

    "Buna Ziva," she said reluctantly, attempting to get his attention with a smile. Dressed in her wimple, habit, and veil, with a wooden-carved necklace hanging from her neck that had carved in it a shield and sword with a sprig of belladonna, the red hammer man also noticed her skin the olive tone that marked her as one with vistana blood. Of course, she was not a true vistana, lest she be with her tribe and not wandering the festival alone. Still, the mystique was there within her.

    "I do not know you," she said awkwardly to the man with the red hammer, "but could it be that there is reason you where a sprig of belladonna, as do I?"

    "I am Varsinya Weissritter, of Immol. It is a fine day for the festival, da?"

    OOC
    Jess, d20=8
    Diplomacy with red hammer man: d20+3 (-2 Outcast Rating Half-Vistana)= 13.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    675

    Default the Bull

    "It is a wonderful day indeed, Varsinya, thought not half as lovely as the light in your eyes. I wear this because I have rung the bell many a time, Lady of the Mists. Will you try to win the prize?"

    The broad shouldered Invidian tossed the great red hammer easily into the air, the mallet spinning twice before he deftly caught the head and presented the haft to Varsinya.

    OOC:
    diplomacy d20(7)-1=6

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Stanley

    Stanley was hungover from last night. He got drunk with this local guy named Eduardo down at this bar called the Stag, or something. The local plum wine has a bit of a kick to it. This town is a bit bigger than that last village he was in, the one surrounded in fog.

    He noticed that girl, the one he tried to hit on and failed last night.

    "What was her name?" he thought to himself. "Damn, I was drunk last night," he said out loud. Realizing that he was talking to himself, he whipped out his trusty pocket flask and drank some hair of the dog that barfed in his mouth last night.

    She seemed to be talking to a strange looking man, perhaps a caliban or maybe just deformed. She was definitely the hottest girl at this fair that he had seen so far today.

    Stanley's boss, Hardy, noticed he was hungover and stuck him with trash cleanup duty. Stanley wanted to punch him in the face, but kinda needed this job to support his drinking habit, and getting into a random fight with customers was kind of fun. And hell, they let him drink a little at work.

    The girl went inside the main tent and started to tune up her violin. She started playing a haunting melody that made Stanley think about his long lost Gramma that died when he was six. Fighting back a tear, he manned up and looked around to see if anyone had noticed.

    He noticed the sign up sheet for the Bardic Competition that was happening soon.

    "Maybe her name was on it", he thought to himself as he stood there trying not to stare at her.

    OOC
    Gimme a perception check

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Anica

    While warming up her violin arm, Anica notices a man trying to not get caught staring at her. She recognizes him as one of the drunk men who hit on her last night. He was an attractive man wearing unfamiliar fashion. He held a trashpick in one hand and was taking a sip out of a flask with his other.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default Hair of the Dog

    Stanley ran his fingers through his greasy hair and rinsed his mouth with another swig. "Bard chicks are hot."

    OOC
    Perception (d20+5)= 21
    Random d20= 1
    "All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination."

    Carl Jung

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •