Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 345

Thread: Light In The Mists: Main Thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Anica

    Anica's pleads seem to hit home. Her mother's face softened and she said, "Of course dear, but hurry back."

    A small tear formed in her mother's eye. Perhaps it was the onions she was cutting, but it might have been her realization that her daughter was coming of age and had loftier goals, other than working in a kitchen of her abusive husband's bar.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default Anica

    " Oh thank you mother, thank you.", Anica exclaimed. After giving her mother a strong hug, she ran to her room and used a rag to wipe away the grime form this mornings cooking. She was always amazed at some of the things she had learned from that old, battered tome. Such as when you hum a few bars in just the right tune you can clean all the dirt and grime away without to much effort.
    After that came her real dilemma, which dress to wear. She decided against the grey one, since that was what she normally used when playing in the evening here at the Inn. That left her the black or red one. While the red stood out against most of the rest of town, as well as matching the garnet necklace and rings she received from that wondering jeweler several years ago, the black would be more appropriate for the mournful tune she decided she would play for the competition. After several changes in dresses she decided that her performance was more important than others opinion of her. With the dress on, she put on some of the perfume that her mother had given to her for her fourteenth birthday. She forgo make-up as she always did, because in her opinion it detracted from her beauty more than helped it.
    Fully dressed, Anica picked up the tome, slid it in her backpack, grabbed her violin, and made her way toward the festival grounds. She decided to look for the that boy who worked at the Teodorus Archives, Nizami. He wasn't the prettiest of the town boys, but he was smart and he shared her thirst for knowledge. She knew he had a crush on her , many did. At least he didn't act a complete fool just to get her attention like the other boys, and men, in the town. She thought perhaps he would like to hear her full performance this time instead of what little she practiced while reading over old history books looking for inspiration. At least maybe he could hold onto her pack while she played.



    OOC:
    Prestidigitation to clean up
    Perception to spot Nizami through the crowd D20(10)+7=17

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Anica

    Wandering thru the festival, Anica noticed the big tent next to the covered up glockenspeil. There was a small table with a sign up sheet for the bardic competition.

    There was only 3 other names on it.

    The Fantastic Eduardo: a local street performer who, if sober, was a decent juggler and acrobat
    Marcella Baier: One of the local debutantes who won the Summer Solstice beauty pageant and was an aspiring clog dancer.
    Emma Hertzog: Anica had never heard of her

    After signing up, Anica literally bumped into Nizami, who was fumbling with a piece of parchment.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default Anica

    "Oh. Hello Nizami. I was just about to sign up for this competition. Are you perhaps busy during that time? I was wondering if you would mind looking after my things while I performed? I would consider it a personal favor." She said the last with a sly wink.


    OOC:
    Diplomacy D20(14)+8=22 (for Nizami to carry the hot chick's bags)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default The Bull

    Bull had a pretty normal day at work at the carnival. He set up the tents, he also set up the booths. Everyone he worked with was pretty nice, for carnies. Carnies had a bad rep, but these ones didn't rob people. Yes, the prizes for the games cost less than the cost for participation, but no one was forced to play them.

    Bull ran the Test of Strength game.

    It costs one raven-claw (sp) and the prize is a small stuffed wolf for anyone who plays. If they ring the bell, the prize is a silver necklace with a pendant shaped like a sprig of belladonna.

    While scanning the crowd for a potential "rube", the Bull's eyes met the stare of a beautiful lady with reddish brown hair. She wore religious vestments over top chainmail, a longsword at her side, a shield strapped to her back, and she led a donkey. From her holy symbol, Bull could see that she was a follower of Ezra.

    OOC
    Bull wears one of these necklaces
    he also has the big red two handed hammer, and can weild it, if necessary (treat it as an Earth Breaker 2d6 X3)
    Roll a Perception check
    Last edited by Drakestendor; 09-15-2013 at 10:14 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    Nizami

    Nizami was almost overwhelmed with the sights and the sounds. He loved the fact that, for once, he wasn't the strangest looking person walking around Immol. The man with the tome next to the tall covered mystery intrigued the wizard. He was about to go over to him when a woman of incredible beauty bumped into him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madkerik View Post
    "Oh. Hello Nizami. I was just about to sign up for this competition. Are you perhaps busy during that time? I was wondering if you would mind looking after my things while I performed? I would consider it a personal favor." She said the last with a sly wink.
    He was dumbfounded. Did he know this woman? She looked familiar but he couldn't place her name. She obviously knew him, but of course many people knew the "freak" that worked at the Archives. He fumbled over his words as he was caught off guard, not used to beautiful woman talking to him without a look of disgust on their face. "Uhhh, ummm, who? I... Uhhh, yes?"

    His eyes roamed back to the man with tome. What was he reading? He thought. Then his eyes went back to the woman, What competition? Nizami was confused and suddenly wanted to go back to the Archive where he was more comfortable.

    OOC: Perception check 1d20(13)+2= 15
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Varsinya

    Varsinya walked through the festival looking for this Hardy fellow. Not knowing what to look for made it a little difficult. She didn't see Petru anywhere. What she did notice was a muscular man, covered in tattoos, wearing a silver belladonna necklace. He held a giant red hammer and had a happy smile.

    Could that be a sign from the Lady in the Mists?

    OOC
    gimme a d20 roll

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Nizami

    Before Nizami was distracted by beauty, he noticed two things: The tome the man was reading seemed to be written in the language of magic, and there was an emaciated raven on the back of his chair staring directly at him.

    Standing in front of Nizami was a beautiful girl that seemed familiar. It dawned on him that, yes, it was from the library. It was the girl that he never got the guts to go and talk to. He had helped her find books on song and magical theory.

    After fumbling over his words, he glanced over and the man reading the book was gone, but the bird was still staring at him.

    OOC
    roll a perception check
    and a d20 roll

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    Nizami

    Another practitioner of magic? He thought, but when he looked back he was gone. He stared at the raven for a second but the way it looked at Nizami gave him a chill. He turned back to the young lady. "I'm sorry the festival is so distracting. Anica right? I've helped you look for books on music. I would be honored to watch your belonging while you competed." He said with a slight bow to her.

    OOC: Perception check 1d20(11)+2= 13
    d20 roll= natural 20!
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Nizami

    As Nizami talked to Anica, he kept an eye on the bird. It seemed to stare into his soul with lifeless, piercing eyes. He felt, deep down, that that bird was not natural.

    He recalled, from his studies, that some wizards keep animal familiars and that some wizards can keep their familiars around even after they die, and that bird staring at him was definitely not alive.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •