Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Light In The Mists: Main Thread

Ewwww. Varsinya wrinkled her nose. Anica was so...vulgar, speaking of warts out loud and such. Sometimes Varsinya wished she could be so wild. A streak of it got in her since Anica was along.

"Alright," Varsinya agreed. Varsinya didn't agree that Xandyr should be looting either, but said nothing as she gingerly stepped through the strange candles that hadn't gone out. Strange. She passed by the broken glass and frogmen alike, and nervously held her sword before her as she looked around the corners beyond.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

Default Somethign sparkly this way comes

Just as Varsinya was edging by the squashed frogmen, Xandyr's hand found something solid and heavy. He pulled out a soggy pouch that burst open as he almost had a grasp on it. Three golden lumps fell onto the ground.

Brandon Zimmerman Innsmouth Gold Dagon Idol.jpg

They were about the size of eggs and were made of what looked like solid gold.

Around the corners were hallways heading in opposite directions.

The left hallway ended in a set of double doors. It also has a door on the left wall.

The right hallway had two doors facing each other, at the end, to the left and the right.

Straight ahead, there was a small alcove with two sets of double doors facing each other.

Dominique grabbed Nizami's arm and pulled him inside the mansion. She gasped at the sight of the corpses.

"There's something not right about those.... things. I think they used to be normal people," she said as she pointed at what Xandyr was pilfering through.

OOC
    Dominique's Heal check d20(17) + ? = ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakestendor View Post

"There's something not right about those.... things. I think they used to be normal people," she said as she pointed at what Xandyr was pilfering through.

"Really?" Xandyr replied, wrinkling his nose at the thought. "They don't look like people to me."

Picking up the three golden lumps, he examined them with his keen elven eyes. "Look at these," he whispered, rolling them over in his hand while he inspected them. "What do you suppose they are?" he asked, holding them out for the others to see.

OOC
    Appraise Check on the three lumpy gold thingy's: d20 (13) + 3 = 16
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Varsinya ignored Xandyr's boasting of whatever he had found in his looting, though she couldn't imagine what such a repugnant thing could actually "own." Dominque was just a girl. The fancy that the frogthings were once people was beyond Varsinya's scope of reality to grasp, lest her mind be unable to cope. She ignored the words of Xandyr and Dominique both. She was with Anica.

"Very well," Varsinya said with resignation, more to herself to than to anyone else. "Indeed, something is terribly wrong," she continued, still trying to rationalize breaking into the Burgomaster's Mansion uninvited. Yet it had been her that insisted that they come here. As it was, she was more than worried that her family would be cast into eternal servitude and debt by the Burgomaster in payment for Varsinya's destruction of the priceless chandelier. Perhaps if the Burgomaster was indeed in some kind of trouble, and if they could save his life...

Varsinya flushed with guilt. She dare not wish harm to the Burgomaster, especially for such selfish reasons. She banished her wicked thoughts and refocused on the options before them.

"The double doors," Varsinya said toward Anica, using her women's intuition she was utterly unaware she might possess. Without waiting for Anica or any other, Varsinya approached the doors. Sword in one hand, she reached out with the other, took a defensive sword stance, and attempted to open the doors.

OOC
    Varsinya: move to double doors, go into Total Defense, attempt to open one of them and look inside.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 09-11-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

Xandyr shrugged at Varsinya's wrinkled nose regarding the treasure he held in his hand. As the girl walked away, he glanced at the trinkets one last time, then shoved them into a pocket for later examination.

"Wait for me!" he said excitedly as he swiftly followed her to the double doors.

OOC
    Xandyr will keep Varsinya between he and the double doors
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.