Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: RotR Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

Default Gus and Eulalia

"Having never been here before I had zero venues in mind," Gus said with a laugh. He gave the woman a gentle clap on the shoulder as to say "all is forgiven." He yawned. "Lead on wise and revered traveler!"
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 10-01-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Default At The Rusty Dragon

The Rusty Dragon was one of three proper inns in Sandpoint. It was a many-storied public house with rooms to rent, situated on Market street, just north of the Docks District. The house was painted red, with a roof of dark wooden shingles. The sign that hung out over the road was a carved serpentine dragon, with rusty iron plates where it's scales should be. A short flight of plank stairs led up to a raised porch, scattered with rocking chairs, an invention from the Southron lands. From here, a pair of tall batwing doors led into the pub's common room.

The wooden floor was polished smooth from age, covered in small, round tables and chairs. Each table had a little paper lantern on it, waiting to be lit after dark. A low fire burned in the impressive hearth against the far wall, to chase away the autumn chill in the air. The pub was already hopping. A little halfling flitted about with a serving tray balanced on her head. Behind the bar, Ameiko Kaijutsu pulled drinks for a crowded bar, laughing along with her patrons. She was a shortish Tian woman dressed in a kimono. Rumor had it that she had been an adventurer herself, and so, her establishment was friendly to traveling types.

OOC: Everyone who decided to go to the Rusty Dragon can put themselves into the scene. Something brewing!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Default Goraxis

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post
    Goraxis dipped into the shop. It was dark, except for the forge's glow. Milky orangey-red light touched everything: he anvil, the racks of tools, and the blacksmith. He was the biggest man that Goraxis had seen in a long time. He was tall, and heavily muscled beneath his heavy leather apron, arms scarred from forge-burns. He stopped hammering to regard the Dwarf, bright-hot iron in one hand.

His face split into a wide grin. "Are ya here on festival business?" He asked, over the low roar of the forge. " Das Korvut's the name, Master...?"
    Goraxis cringed inwardly at the mention of a festival. Just what he needed, he thought to himself, a bunch of half-crazed people frolicking through the streets, singing and dancing, and making general fools of themselves. He tugged at his beard in concern. He only hoped that the ale gardens were plentiful!

“Goraxis Hammersplit, of the Janderhoff Hammersplit clan,” he stated with glowing pride in his lineage. “I be here on family business, master Korvut. I believe you knew my uncle, Graven Hammersplit?”

He waited for a reaction from the man, although he could hardly contain his excitement. He had traveled far from home, across strange lands, and encountered nameless dangers. Off of which culminated into this individual moment.

Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Default Goraxis at the Red Dog Smithy

"Bless my bones!" Das Korvut sucked in his breath almost as quickly as he spent it. "A' course I know yer kin, Master 'Ammersplit! Jus' a minute!" He called out over his shoulder as he moved into the back of his shop. Reaching over his head, he retrieved something, and brought it back to Goraxis. It was a long leather bundle. "The 'Ammersplit Dwarves have long been our friends, sir." He said, lifting the leather away. "They even helped a bit with this."

What appeared in Das Korvut's hands was breathtaking. It was a long-hafted, double-bitted axe. Following the curve of the blade down the beard on either side, Goraxis could make out the name 'Nurlondard' in heavy runes. It was his birthright.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 08-23-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Post Feeling Rusty

Lalia stood a moment in the doorway of the Rusty Dragon admiring the tapestries and feeling a stab of homesickness at all the Eastern décor.

Then she led the way inside and approached the bar. No way she was going to pass up the chance to talk to a hero like Miss Kaijitsu herself.

She tried to catch the proprietor's eye, and when she thought she had, she bowed in the Eastern fashion and uttered what she hoped was a proper (and grammatically accurate) greeting in the Tian Xian language, "May the daybreak and the nightfall find your burdens as light as a butterfly's tail."

In the common tongue she added, "Miss Kaijitsu, I do not wish to interrupt your conversation for long. I just want to say it's an honor to visit your establishment, as its fine reputation has preceded my visit from as far away as Tian Xia."
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

Default Lalia at the Rusty Dragon

Ameiko was having a busy morning. Breakfast was flying out of the kitchen, and her taps hadn't seen this much strain before dusk in a long time. She cheerfully directed Bethana, the little halfling barmaid, while still managing to pop in and out of the kitchen, and pull drinks at the bar. She definately needed a break.

She spotted Lady Gordon immediately. Sandpoint was a small place, and none who lived there were really strangers to each other after a time. Outsiders intrigued her. She was an outsider for a time herself, after all. When she noticed that Lalia was dressed in a similar fashion, her eyebrows shot up. When Lalia bowed to her, and spoke her native tongue, her mouth dropped open. And she mentioned seeing Tian Xia. Ameiko's family had fled their land when she was a babe in arms. She dipped her head, stammering a response in Tian, "And to you, also." She chose that moment to realize that there was dark beer flowing over the rim of the pint that she'd laid beneath the tap. Shrieking, she quickly shut the stopper amidst a round of laughter from the bar's denizens. Waving to Bethana, she said simply, "Get this fine Lady a glass of whatever she likes and see that she and her party are comfortable. I'd like to speak with her."
    Last edited by SuperBall; 08-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Default Gus and Eulalia at The Rusty Dragon

"Oops!" Gus laughed at the disastrous pour as he sidled up to the bar next to Eulalia.

He unslung his haversack and unconsciously shifted his longbow's position to a more natural place across his shoulders as he took his seat. He gently clapped the golden head of his grandfather's walking stick against the side of the polished bartop with his haversack underneath of it. It felt good to drop the excess and finally relax.

“I would be the rest of her party,” he said with a broad grin. “I'll have whatever that is – preferably in a glass.”
    Head Moderator &

Default Gus and Lalia At The Rusty Dragon

Ameiko tilted her head, dipping in a small courtsy to Gus.

"Of course!" She said, sliding a full glass of dark beer across to him with her fingertips. Every movement the innkeeper made seemed a dance. She turned to regard Lalia, her questions coming faster and faster. "What is your name? When were you in Tian Xia? Where did you get that dress?" She cut her eyes at Gus and then back again. "Who is your friend?!"

"I'm Gus," he said, drinking in the heavy brew. That was good beer, he thought, licking cream colored foam off the stubble on his upper lip. "And I would like some food as well when you have a moment."
    Head Moderator &

Default Gus

Ameiko nodded, and dipped into the kitchen, and out again. It wasn't long before a wooden plate, loaded with food appeared in the narrow window behind her. With a gliding motion, the trencher appeared before Gus, loaded down with a slab of spiced salmon, greens and new potatoes. She deftly set a small gravy boat containing what looked and smelled like melted butter alongside the feast.

"Compliments of the House," she told him, "If you can tell me where you came from and how you got here."