Page 3 of 308 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Runelords Planner

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall
    I'm liking it. You could be his bodyguard, and he can be your long lost pal.
    What do you think, Ed? Maybe my character had some kind of family obligation to your character? Or? Or! You're a rogue, right? Maybe when crap went south for me in Korvosa you helped me avoid the law and get out of the city. Since I'm a broke, first level, ex-noble's kid I'm working as your bodyguard to pay you back (being LN and Chelaxian I'm not big on owing people stuff), but we mostly get into trouble. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungainlydodge
    And I'm a huge fan of your writing, rogue and Tauren, and look forward to gaming with you as well!
    Thanks Michelle! It's been a while since I've gotten to play with anyone "new." This should be fun!

Wiliam, have you PMed Dragonhelm about a subforum? I can do it if you haven't it. The sooner there's a character sheet thread the sooner I can start rolling up Solangus Crispin Thrune III (a.k.a. "Gus"). Then the character really starts to take shape for me!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

I've never made a cleric before, what do you guys think are some good starting feats? I was thinking Scribe Scroll cause the character in mind is already a booky writing type and it would give something to do during down time. But it may not be the most useful thing so I dunno. Other than that Extra Channeling, to show the healing side, and Combat Casting to keep spellcasting in a melee seem like the most helpful. Just wondering if you guys had any input.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Combat Casting and Extra Channel are definitely feat to consider when creating a cleric. I'd also recommend Selective Channeling, as long as you have a high charisma to make it worth taking the feat.

Some traits to consider as well are Birthmark and Focused mind. Both are excellent for clerics.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by UngainlyDodge View Post
    I'm thinking an Urban Druid (no animal companion---Nobility Domain with Leadership Subdomain instead), either human or half-elf, follower of goddess of art/beauty Shelyn.

Eulalia could be related to another noble, perhaps a cousin?

Sorry, no hometown hero here either. Maybe if you get someone to be your spellslinger...

Really looking forward to gaming with great minds like yours again, Gabe and "Goraxis!"

And I'm a huge fan of your writing, rogue and Tauren, and look forward to gaming with you as well!
    Aww thsnks Michelle. Looking forward to playing with you!
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    What do you think, Ed? Maybe my character had some kind of family obligation to your character? Or? Or! You're a rogue, right? Maybe when crap went south for me in Korvosa you helped me avoid the law and get out of the city. Since I'm a broke, first level, ex-noble's kid I'm working as your bodyguard to pay you back (being LN and Chelaxian I'm not big on owing people stuff), but we mostly get into trouble.
    I like the trouble part. Perhaps some type of distant relation on whatever side of your family is not noble. My character made his way in the world from nothing and pissed a lot of people off doing it. Now that he broke, there should be some people gunning for him.

Honestly, maybe your were sent by your parents with Jack for him to take care of your character, and you traveled all the way to find he was getting evicted.
    Last edited by rogue; 07-24-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Ed, could your character have been blackmailed or duped out of his money by an outside influence?
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

We have a big cast for this adventure, weighing in at seven players! I think that we're still waiting for one to come in and say hello, maybe two. There's trouble counting! I have never handled a group larger than six at any time, so I'll need your patience and support. I understand that the play-by-post medium does make it doable, and I've got every confidence. Thanks guys! Keep hashing it out. I was a little nervous that it was too early to start threads, since we are looking at several weeks at this point, but I guess not. I'll have a character sheet thread up as soon as I can get a template that I like, and I work out the standing house rules.

P.S. James - Got your PM's and I read your backstory. Awesome! I just won't have the time this morning to PM you back personally and say so. What traits were you taking? Did you tell me both? I knew about your Axe, we worked that one out. I can't remember the second one though.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

I took Reckless to gain Acrobatics as a skill. I like the idea of a charging, tumbling dwarf!
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Post Cleric Feats

Jake,

I am also an admirer of your writing and complex character development in Dawn of Defiance, can't believe I forgot to say so earlier! I was very excited when SB's PM said you'd be part of RL.

I like Scribe Scroll for a cleric and it seems to fit the personality. There are some spells it's good to have on hand in case you need them but you're unlikely to cast them every day (Comprehend Languages, Ant Haul, etc.). And with fewer spells per day than spontaneous casters, it doesn't hurt to have extra copies of the spells you use the most.

And I have to agree with what Dorgyn said about Feats: Selective Channel is very good in battle.
    "Fall into my pit trap, shame on you. Fill my pit trap with bloodthirsty sharp-toothed goblins with abyssal templates, shame on me." ---SuperBall

That's why I love Shel as a player. She's a professional Cleric. I love Clerics. I've been playing them for a long time. In the old days, it was almost exclusively. Yet still, I come to her for build advice.

Oh my gods. Goraxis really is different! He was deadly in the old thread. He's a new kind of scary in the new thread!