Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1529

Thread: Legacy of Blood (main thread)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default Skurn

    Not one to pass up an opportunity, Skurn opened the window and began the steady climb down.
    "A blade and some coin... things are looking up," he mused.





    OOC
    Skurn opens the window and climbs down, taking ten on the check (22 Climb).
    "All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination."

    Carl Jung

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    675

    Default mother

    Caspar sipped quietly his tuika while his mother set forth her plans. He liked tuika well enough but an old Barovian red suited his taste much the more. He rose at the presentation of the sword and grasped it's hilt. magnificent!

    "Of course mother, I am yours to command. I am honored and humbled by your gift and I will not fail to use it to the best of my abilities to defend our homeland."

    He raised his glass..
    "To Barovia and House Zarovich, to the Dagger and the Sword, never again conquered!"

    Caspar quaffed the fiery spirit, expertly sheathed the sword and met his mother's gaze.
    "Now mother, I have something to ask of you."
    He pulled forth a leather satchel and place it upon her desk. He unbuckled the straps almost reverently and carefully removed a most peculiar item.
    "Somewhere in my travels I came into the possession of this..."

    On the table between them Caspar place a preserved human hand, though no ordinary hand. Two fingers were missing, the pinky and the ring finger, and from the thumb and forefingers a candle wick seemed to grow.
    "...I know it holds immense power but I have yet to discover the secret of it's lighting. Shall we examine it together?"

    OOC:
    Caspar takes and sheaths the Sword of the Bat and places the Three-Fingered hand on Lady Talena's desk.
    Last edited by the_elder_snail; 07-03-2013 at 07:17 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Klara

    Klara's anger was building inside, it was always a struggle for a Dracov to control themselves in battle. If she didn't keep her wits it could spell her doom, but what good was climbing going to do her when she only had a handful of bolts. Perhaps she could kill this one quickly and then get back into the tree before more came or perhaps she would get lucky and drive this thing away with a few well placed shots. She began to think what her brothers, what her uncle would think of her hiding in a tree.

    All this raced through her mind, until one voice echoed in her mind. It was from a conversation she had, well she was there anyhow, with her father, her uncle and others of her family. It was at a dinner party when she returned from her meeting with Gundarakite. Her uncle spoke as if she wasn't even there.

    "Send the girl to Lamordia, Diplomacy is a woman's job, and if she can't get them with her words she can get them in their bed! HAHAHA!"

    Everyone laughed even her father, though when he saw the look on Klara's face he stifled to a mild chuckle. They didn't think she was a warrior, they didn't want her on a battlefield, she was a liability, send her away from here to satisfy her need to "play" warrior. They thought a woman's place was in a bed, making babies, giving them their heirs.

    This thought finally brought the rage out of Klara. She would climb no more. She redrew her sword and leaped from the tree down onto the wolf with a furious scream. Blood boiled in her brain and all she saw was red. She would show them, she would show them all.

    OOC: Klara will rage as a free action.
    Quick draw her masterwork bastard sword
    Jump (acrobatics) check to leap down and attack the winter wolf. 1d20(12)+9-1 (shield ACP)= 20
    Attack 1d20(20)!!+14= 34
    Confirm critical 1d20(13)+14= 27
    Damage 2d10(5,9)+20= 34 points of damage

    Rage: +4 str, +4 con, +2 moral to will saves, -2 AC
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 07-03-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,507

    Default

    Ryth

    Ryth's arrow pierced the alpha male through the neck and the beast fell limp with a yelp as others rushed to close in around him, nipping at him from all sides with snapping growling fangs. He had another quick moment before they began tearing him apart.

    http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Canis_lupus_arabic.JPG

    OOC
    Surprise Round triggered. Initiative for surprise round: Ryth d20+5= 8. Wolves 14.
    Surprise Round begins with partial actions. Wolves close in.
    partial action to Ryth!

    Code:
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.9.2.3.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.8.R. .x.4.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.7.6. .x.x.x.x.4.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .5.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    .x.x.x.x.x. . .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
    
    R - Ryth
    1-9 - wolves
    x's are Difficult Terrain and provide +4 cover to AC.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 07-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    I will, Darvig uttered.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default Ryth and the Wolves

    As the wolves closed in on his position, Ryth did not hesitate. Another arrow appeared in his hand and he loosed it at one of the wolves, a snarl on his own face. If these wolves thought him to be easy prey, they were about to learn the hard way.

    OOC
    Surprise Round action: Attack wolf #2
    +1 Composite Longbow: d20 (18) + 13 + 1pb -2 deadly aim = 30
    Damage if hit: d8 (2) + 3 +1pb + 4 deadly aim = 10

    Reminder: Ryth has Point Blank Master as a feat, so attacking with his bow does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,507

    Default

    Klara

    And showed them all she did. Her brothers, her dad, and especially her uncle the Kingfurher and the warriors he dined with in Castle Draccipetti, where the blood of pregnant woman flowed like wine at the table. If they had been there to see...

    Klara's sword swiped hard down on the winter wolf's spine at the back and side of its neck. In a flurry of snow and blood the wolf fell and Klara was knocked heavily into a snowdrift, the deep snow cushioning her fall from the tree. Both lie on the ground stunned for a split moment, the wolf's face looking into hers as blood and ice splattered them both. With hatred the wolf's jaws parted, breathing pink blizzard tinged with its own blood at her. She was half-buried in red snow, and ducked in time to avoid the brunt of the blast. The wolf stood. She was ready. She swiped her sword from prone, missing its leg as it staggered to its feet, badly wounded and leering over her.

    OOC
    crit hit 34 damage + Leg Swipe (double damage + knocked prone): 51 damage and wolf knocked prone.
    Klara is prone too.
    Winter Wolf: breathes from prone.
    Klara: Ref save 25 for half damage: 12 cold damage.
    Winter Wolf: stands as move provoking AoO from prone from Klara.
    Klara: AoO d20 +14 -4(prone)= 12, miss.
    Klara's turn!!
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    I will, Darvig uttered.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,507

    Default

    Casper

    Talena's stern, arching, carefully-groomed witch-like eyebrows raised slightly. On the table was a severed human hand setting upon the flat surface of a severed wrist. The hand was mottled and stitched, the skin desiccated and leathery. Its fingers were positioned in a most disturbing fashion. The thumb, forefinger, and ring-fingers were extended while the middle and little fingers were bent down upon the palm. Iron nails into the palm held the middle and little fingers down. Stitched into the three extended fingers were candlewicks sticking out from underneath the ancient, yellowed fingernails.

    http://

    "The Three-Fingered Hand," she said allowed. "A unique artifact, gruesomely created by the Three Hags of Tepest, forged of darkness. It is dangerous, and powerful. It will take many weeks of study."

    She looked up to Caspar, and klinked her glass against his as he had just offered.

    "A worthy gift for mother," she said with a slight nod of her head of thanks, but she did not smile. Mother was all business.

    "Now, leave me, son. Rest well, and send word of your findings. Start wherever you wish. A mounted horse with barding will be waiting for you at the break of dawn."

    [Curtains Close]

    OOC
    Talena: Knowledge (arcana) check: 35.
    Caspar: aid Knowledge (arcana) check: can't fail. Talena's check 37.
    Clayton, 300 RP XPs for handing over that cursed artifact to mom. Raise to 7th level. Pick up your next post with the next morning and you leaving, head out toward wherever you wish.
    Your horse (if you wish to take it): combat trained Advanced Horse
    https://sites.google.com/site/pathfi...horse-advanced
    HP: 19. with studded leather barding (no movement reduction, +3 AC for 18 AC) and military saddle (+2 Ride checks).
    horse traits: protruding chin, jokester (buries rider's nearby dropped or sat down items under leaves and snow with hooves)
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    I will, Darvig uttered.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Klara

    The rage was in full effect. As the cold pierced Klara's soul, she fought on. Not daring enough to stand she fought from her backside, swinging at the beast with all her might.

    The mighty swing felled the wolf and Klara's instinct was to continue to kill, but clarity came to her mind and the veil of red was lifted. She stood and breathed in the frigid air. She spat on the wolf's body and quickly looked around to see if more were on there way.

    OOC: Attacking from prone with a -4, still raging.
    Attack #1 1d20(20)+14-4= 30
    Confirm critical 1d20(3)+14-4= 13 (don't think that will confirm)
    Damage 1d10(8)+10= 18

    Will save to end rage DC 12 1d20(20)+6 = 26 success.
    Rage ends and Klara is fatigued for 4 rounds.

    Move action to stand.

    Perception check? 1d20(16)+8= 24
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 07-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Ludwig hated this part of the job. He sat down his glass of kjinipse and took Gerta's trembling hands in his. He locked eyes with hers as she looked up at him, weeping. The stray ice cube of an eye staring back at him, never straying like the other.

    "Im going to be perfectly honest with you Gerta, your uncle is dying. The cycle of life comes to an end for all of us and your uncle", Ludwig paused, looking over toward the bed where his patient lay, "he is nearing his. He has come full circle. Age catches up with us all."

    He tried a smile, to show the girl that not all was bad given the situation. "You are close to your uncle I know and do not fret my dear, I will stay and make sure he is as comfortable and pain free during his last days. To make his situation as peaceful as can be. It could be soon yet it might not be for a couple of weeks or a month, it's hard to say with any certainty."

    Ludwig reached for his glass, making sure to keep one hand on Gerta's, a simple touch can be comforting. He took a sip of the kjinipse then sat the glass back on the table. "Is there anything I can do for you my dear?"

    OOC:
    Diplomacy with Gerta, 1d20(10)+11= 21
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

    "Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,507

    Default

    Skurn

    Quote Originally Posted by The McDungeonmaster View Post
    "A blade and some coin... things are looking up," he mused.
    Skurn looked up from the alley he'd climbed down into, and saw a main street of the heart of Dementlieu, the city of Port-a-Lucine. Here were the "normal people". The beautiful people. Tall of stature, slim athletic builds. Make-up on the ladies. Men with meticulous facial hair - styled, trimmed, even mustaches curled with wax. Nearly everyone appeared noble. Women in high maintenance layers of bodices and corsets, petticoats and trains, brightly colored and patterned embroidery or lace. Dresses of heavy velvets and brocades, with wildly accentuated hips and posteriors. Men in silk shirts and breeches, with vests and knee-length coats with large folded back cuffs, and elaborate silk or lace cravats along with broad, black hats with three points.

    http://

    Skurn was still on university grounds, still under the window just a short distance from his 101 day prison. Young, cocky students strutted about. He needed to get away from here. But to where?

    The university was at the far northern section of the city, sprawling haphazardly along the shore of Penault Bay. To the west was the Quartier Savant, the place where the richest lived in perfect three-and-four story terraces, and where expensive shops catered to all tastes of fashion, food, and jewelry thrived. To the southwest was the Quartier Publique, where the Ruling Palace of the Lord-Governor was and the Rue du Soleil, leading from the Mere des Larmes down to the Place de Leon and the Grand Opera House. To the east was Quartier Marchand which housed many of places of business, a salacious port district unsafe for women (according to Madame Dapplewort) busy bustling docks. To the southeast was the Quartier Ourivier, a mess of a ramshackle, wooden homed area of the poor.

    To the north was...well, the dapple countryside of Dementlieu.

    OOC
    Skurn: Knowledge (local): d20+10= 28.
    Your move McD! Let me know where Skurn will go next.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    I will, Darvig uttered.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •