Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153
Results 1,521 to 1,529 of 1529

Thread: Legacy of Blood (main thread)

  1. #1521
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default Lucien

    Lucien sighed as his vision returned. Finally, he thought, I can help my allies.

    And none to soon as Ryth seemed to be reeling from a vicious blow to the head.
    He watched Caspar come from around a corner with Klara holding on to him as if a strong breeze would knock her down. Caspar had attacked the spot just before Ryth, and Lucien now knew where to vent his anger.

    "No need for direction now Tsura.", he said as he stepped up beside Ryth and struck where Caspar had.




    OOC
    5' step beside Ryth
    First attack D20(9)+18=27
    damage D6(4)+7=11
    Second attack D20(18!)+13=31 possible crit
    Crit chance D20(20!)+13=33
    damage D6(3)+7=10 (20 if Crit)

  2. #1522
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default

    There was a crack. Ryth's mind spiraled. He momentarily forget where he was. He didn't know if he could speak, or even his name. All he could do was be overwhelmed by the shock of having his skull cracked, the pain so severe it made his consciousness waver. Near death, it was do or die, his back was against the wall.

    Ryth’s head throbbed from the blow to his head. He saw small dots of light circling in a mesmerizing dance at the edge of his vision. He knew not where he was, nor why he was there. Gasping for breath as though he had to consciously make the effort to breath, the ranger partially regained his senses. As Lucien strode forward, unleashing a violent assault on their invisible attacker, Ryth fell behind him, knowing that he could not survive another injury from the demon he could not see.

    Taking an additional breath, he found that words would not form in his mind. With a desperate glance at Tsura, he proceeded with the only course of action he could recall. His hand trembled as he held his bow, uncertain that he would be able to do so for much longer. More out of instinct than martial prowess, Ryth fired the remaining two arrows from his now empty quiver at their aggressor.

    OOC
    Ryth will 5’ step behind Lucien, then attack #5 with two arrows, emptying his quiver.

    1st Attack on #5 with Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, Back to the Wall, and Inspire Courage from Tsura!: d20 (6) + 15 – 2 da + 2 BttW + 2 IC = 23
    Possible Damage: d8 (8) + 4 + 4 da + 2 IC = 18
    2nd Attack on #5 with Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, and Inspire Courage from Tsura!: d20 (3) + 15 – 2 da + 2 BttW + 2 IC = 20
    Possible Damage: d8 (1) + 4 + 4 da + 2 IC = 11


    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  3. #1523
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Lucien, Tsura, Klara, Caspar, Ryth

    Caspar struck what felt to be flesh. Lucien was beside him stabbing. Arrows of Ryth's were streaking through the air and snapping off of walls. Skin stung, and bloody noses ran and broken teeth made mouths taste of copper. Blackened, puffy eyes swelled. Ryth was having trouble recalling what happened and couldn't think straight. Would he ever be the same, he wondered with horror.

    But the long, terrible battle had taken its toll, but seemed to be over.

    Or had it just begun?

    OOC
    Caspar hits: 50% miss = 37 miss. Blind-Fight 50% miss reroll = 78 hits, 28 damage.
    Lucien miss, miss (foe is gone but no one would immediately realize it).
    Ryth miss, miss, miss (foe is gone...)
    OUT OF INITIATIVE! MAJOR XPS HEADED TO YOU IN PMs! (no raising until you get a rest though, if you raised).
    Ball's in your court for what ya'll do next!

    Code:
    Conditions: 
    Fire-Pillar Room: Continuous heat damage.
    //////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////. . . .The. . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . .EGG. . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    ////////////////. .g.o.l.d.e.n. .////////////
    ////////////////. . . .G.G. . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .G.G.G.G. . .////////////
    ////////////////. .G.G.G.G.G.G. .////////////
    ////////////////. . .G.G.G.G. . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . .G.G. . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .d.i.s.c. . .////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////////////////
    ////////////////.p.a.r.a.d.i.s.e.///. . . . . . . .//////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .///. . . . . . . .//////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .///. .J.W.W.W.J. .//////////
    ///////////////D. . . .@.@. . .T. . . .W.W.W.W.W. .D/////////
    ///////////////D. . . .@.@. . .R.L. .C.W.W.W.W.W. .///////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .///.K.J.W.W.W.J. .//////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .///. . .K.s. . . .//////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .///. . . . . . . .//////////
    //////////////////////. . ./////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    ////////////////. . .P. . .P. . .////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //. . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . .////////////
    //. . . . . . ./. . . .F.F. . . .////////////
    //.&. . . . . . . . .F. . .F. . .D//////////
    //.&. . . . .M. . . .F. . .F. . .D//////////
    //. . . . . . ./. . . .F.F. . . .////////////
    //. . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . .////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    /////////////////+.+.+. . .+.f.+////////////
    /////////////////+. .P. . .P. .+////////////
    /////////////////+. . . . . . .+////////////
    /////////////////+. .P. . .P. .+////////////
    /////////////////+. . . . . . .+////////////
    /////////////////+. .P. . .P. .+////////////
    /////////////////+. . . . . . .+////////////
    /////////////////=. .P. . .P. .+////////////
    /////////////////=. . . . . . .=////////////
    /////////////////=. .P. . .P. .=////////////
    ////////////////. . . . . . . . .////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////////.f.f.///////////////
    ////////////////////.o. . .o.////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    ////////////////////.o. . .o.////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    ////////////////////.o. . .o.////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    ////////////////////.o. . .o.////////////
    //////////////////////. . .///////////////
    //////////////////. . . . . . .//////////
    //////////////////. . . . . . .//////////
    //////////////////. . . . . . .//////////
    //////////////////. . . . . . .//////////
    //////////////////////.M.M.//////////////
    
    R - Ryth [inspire courage], C - Caspar [mage armor, darkvision, shield, berzerk frenzy, inspire courage]
    T - Tsura [light on ring, darkvision, holding padma, partial inspire courage]
    K - Klara [darkvision, inspire courage], L - Lucien [darkvision, drops lantern, inspire courage, broken arm, blind, dead man walking]
    D - bronze double doors
    M - Closed stone jaws
    o - old man statues
    P - Pillars
    = - stairs leading up to balcony walk overlooking room
    + - balcony 20 feet up, looking down over the room
    f - wall of fire
    F's - cylindrical 40-foot high pillar of fire
    @ - refreshing fountain & pool
    W's - Water pool
    J - 40-foot jet streams of water to ceiling.
    4-5 - invisible foes
    s - Klara's sword.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 07-22-2014 at 03:24 AM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

    “I will,” Darvig uttered.

  4. #1524
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    675

    Default

    "Quickly now Klara, let us leave this abyssal room before anything else befalls us."

    Sword in hand Caspar stepped aside to face the room, covering Klara's withdrawal. With a wave of his offhand and a spidery word Caspar opened his mind to divination magic, his sight beginning to absorb the arcane data before him.

    OOC:
    5' step north
    casts detect magic

  5. #1525
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default

    With the immediate threat over, the adrenalin that Ryth had been operating on ran low. He felt light headed, confused, and ached from head to toe. Trying desperately to remain on his feet, he stumbled backward a step, then planted them firmly on the ground.

    Closing his eyes, he prayed to Grundara to aid him in his time of need. “Grundara, please hear my prayer. Allow me your grace so that I may continue to fight for your righteous will, and aid those who do so as well,” he said in his native Grundaran tongue*.

    With his healing spell cast, he pulled enough arrows out of his pack to refill his quiver, then found one of his healing draughts, and quaffed it quickly, returning the empty vial to his haversack.

    With his tasks completed, his head pounding, he rubbed his temples and injured jaw waiting for the others to make similar ministrations, his eyes seeking any of his arrows that were usable**.

    OOC
    * Spoken in Grundaran [dwarven]
    Casting Cure Light Wounds on himself: d8 (7) + 5 = 12
    Imbibing Potion of Cure Light Wounds: d8 (5) + 1 = 6 (18 total healing)
    **Ryth would like to search for any arrows that are possibly salvaged after the above and once able to do so.
    Perception Check to find arrows: d20 (6) + 16 = 22
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  6. #1526
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    286

    Default

    "Perhaps if we retreated to the room with the disc, we may be able to heal more of our wounds. If nothing else we might be able to rest and recuperate before we proceed further." Lucien extended his hand towards Rtyh. "If you need assistance, Ryth, I could help you with your burdens."
    He watched Caspar as he helped Klara. There was something in the way Caspar looked at her, Lucien felt there was more then mutual respect coming from Caspar. Lucien wasn't sure if he approved or was frightened by it. On one hand his friends finding comfort in each other was a good thing. On the other hand their respective families might use them against each other. Well there was nothing that can be done about it now.
    "Caspar, Klara, what do you think?"

  7. #1527
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Within the cone nebula
    Posts
    675

    Default

    *"I must divine more of the magical nature of this room before I regress, companion Lucien, though I agree with your assessment. I shall join you momentarily. Lady Drakov, are you fit to move?"

    OOC
    speaks in High Mordentish
    continues concentrating on Detect Magic.

  8. #1528
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Ice & Snow (Northern MN)
    Posts
    4,978

    Default Ryth

    Feeling some of his life restored from Grundara's blessing, Ryth nodded in agreement to Lucien's suggestion. The battle had drained him deeper than he could heal himself, and only time and rest would allow him to regain his strength and health.

    "My thanks, Master Lucien," Ryth said in broken plainsmen, which seemed to be recognizable to the others well enough even if his accent was thick and cumbersome at times. "I feel well enough to walk, but rest should be our next goal," he said, his eyes lingering on Tsura and the others, who had faired little better than he. "Your suggestion to fall back to the disc room is wise and sound," he added in agreement.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

    Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

    Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.



  9. #1529
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    1,477

    Default Tsura

    Tsura grabbed Ryth's arm and tucked it with hers. "I agree with Ryth," she proclaimed as she pulled him closer to her.

    Now that everyone was together, she sang a short song and channeled all of her healing energy into herself and her companions.

    You really gotta hand it to ya
    'Cause boy you really tried
    But for ev'ry time that we spent laughin'
    There were two times that I cried
    And you were tryin' to make me your martyr
    And that's the one thing I just couldn't do
    'Cause baby I can't hang upon no lover's cross for you

    'Cause tables are meant for turnin'
    And people are bound to change
    And bridges are meant for burnin'
    When the people and mem'ries they join aren't the same


    OOC
    Channel energy 5 times
    Roll(10d6)+0:
    4,1,5,6,5,4,4,3,4,4,+0
    Total:40
    Last edited by Drakestendor; 09-02-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •