Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy of Blood (PF conversions & Ravenloft rules)

Default Legacy of Blood (PF conversions & Ravenloft rules)

And I have slain a vampire shape that sucked a black king white, and I have roamed through grisly hills where dead men walked at night. And I have seen heads fall like fruit in a slaver's barracoon, and I have seen winged demons fly all naked in the moon.

-Robert E. Howard, "Soloman Kane's Homecoming"
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Skills

Knowledge Skills (in Ravenloft, all Knowledge checks may be made untrained, however, you do not gain the +3 trained bonus unless it is a class skill for you)
    Arcana (ancient mysteries, magic traditions, arcane symbols, dragons, magical beasts, constructs, hags)
    Dungeoneering (aberrations, caverns, oozes, spelunking, The Shadow Rift)
    Engineering (buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications)
    Geography (lands, terrain, climate, people, coins, banners)
    History (wars, colonies, migrations, founding of cities)
    Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids including Vistana, Half-Vistana, and Calabans)
    Nature (animals, fey, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin, lycanthropes)
    Nobility (lineages, heraldry, personalities, royalty)
    Planes (fiends, mist creatures, "The Mists", "Darklords", "Domains", "Mistways", "The Dark Powers", "Sinkholes of Evil") *All Knowledge (planes) checks are made at -10 in Ravenloft
    Religion (gods and goddesses, mythic history, ecclesiastic tradition, holy symbols, vampires, ghosts, liches, the walking dead, the ancient dead, the undead)

Hypnosis Skill: the Hypnosis Skill from Ravenloft 3.5 (used for mesmerizing, hypnotizing, treatment for Madness, stage magicians, etc.) now falls under the Heal skill. You must be trained in Heal to attempt Hypnosis.
    Skiing: Skiing is an application of the Acrobatics skill. While wearing skis you move at 1/2 movement rate while walking and cannot use the run action, but you may move considerable faster across ice and snow with successful Acrobatics checks. DCs are unknown until you ski for the first time.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Alignment
    No alignment on character sheets. Send them to me in a PM.

Experience
    Everyone will start at 6th level, needing only 300 more XPs to reach 7th level. We'll be using the fast track.

Dr. Van Richten's Guides
    By studying at length any of the famous (or banned, depending on where you are) tomes penned by the renowned and deceased (or missing for over a year now) monster hunter Dr. Rudolph van Richten (such as Van Richten's Guide to Lycanthropes) you gain a +4 to Knowledge checks regarding the subject horror of that particular Dr. Van Richten's Guide.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 06-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Mordenheim Family PF Conversions

Mordenheim Family Traits (in addition to 4 RL traits, and 2 PF traits)
    +2 Int, -2 Cha (this is on top of the +2 to any stat that a human gets)
    Each Mordenheim chooses a Knowledge skill (except Religion), in which he receives a +2
    Curse of Godlessness: Mordenheims cannot take levels in any class that grant divine spells.

Family Feats
    Create Device (Int 15) Choose an item creation feat for which your character level equals or exceeds the required caster level. You can create nonmagical equivalents of the magic items that the selected feat would normally allow you to create. For the purpose of creating these items, you are considered a spellcaster of the appropriate type with a caster level equal to your character level; you may ignore the spells normally required to create the items, but you cannot create an item that would produce spell effects beyond the capacity of your caster level. The cost of creation and the time required for each device are equivalent to the magic item.

Godless (no patron deity) You gain spell resistance 5 + your character level against divine spells of any kind. If the spell penetrates your SR, you receive a +2 on any save allowed against it. You may NOT voluntarily suppress your spell resistance to receive benefit of any divine spell. In addition, you cannot be raised, resurrected, or otherwise restored to life via any divine magic once you die.

Laborious Training (Int 13, Knowledge (any) 2 ranks): Your maximum number of ranks in any one Intelligence-based skill increases by +2. (Max ranks in that skill becomes HD + 2)

Superior Alchemy (Int 15, Craft (alchemy) 2 ranks, Skill Focus (Craft (alchemy)): You gain a +4 on all Craft (alchemy) checks. Furthermore, you can use the Craft (alchemy) skill to make any of the following items...
    Oil of Agony DC 20
    Oil of Animation DC 25
    Oil of Preservation DC 25

Family Prestige Classes

Learned Physician (Knowledge (any) 2 ranks, Heal 5 ranks, Profession (herbalist) 2 ranks, Feats: Investigator (+2 Diplomacy and +2 Perception), University Education (+2 to any two knowledge skills and all knowledge skills are class skills for you)
    HD d6
    Class Skills (8 + Int): appraise, knowledge (any), linguistics, profession, spellcraft, plus any additional 5 class skills chosen by the learned physician when he first enters the class.

Scientist (Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (engineering or nature) 5 ranks, Feats: Create Device, Skill Focus (Knowledge (any except religion)), University Education
    HD d6 (upped from d4 for PF)
    Class Skills (6 + Int): appraise, craft, handle animal, heal, knowledge (all), linguistics, perception, profession, use magic device
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 06-27-2013 at 09:58 PM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Outcast Ratings

Most of Ravenloft's folk live and die within a score of miles from their birthplace and can spend their entire lives without ever knowingly encountering the supernatural. When combined with cultures rich in suspicion, the result is xenophobia. This is expressed as an Outcast Rating (OR), which modify social skill checks performed by any character who appears unnatural or out of place. Race, social standing, physical deformities, or even gear carried can modify a character's OR. As a character's OR rises, NPC reactions toward him turn from standoffish to fearful.

An Outcast Rating applies as a circumstance penalty on Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Handle Animal, and Perform checks, and a circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks.

Outcast Rating modifiers never apply when dealing with friends or allies, such as other PCs, or others who share the source of your OR modifiers, such as members of your own race.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 07-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
    -Herman Melville, Moby Dick

Curses

The thirst for vengeance carries its own terrible power. When an injustice is committed, the cries of the wronged may be heard. If their need for justice is great enough, and if their hatred burns hotly enough - the powers that be may respond. Curses carry the cruel and poetic justice of Ravenloft. Any creature may attempt to lay a Curse on any other creature, place or item as a free action, at any time, by crafting the wording of the curse in a post and making a Charisma check, (modified by me for wording, severity, drama level, alignment, gender, race, and other factors that have modifiers known only to the DM. Any character dropped below 0 hit points may utter a curse as a free action before falling unconscious.

http://
    screen shot download

"You would burn me in the name of seven slain babes. The blood of your children is not on my hands - but it will be! Seven children from each generation shall I claim! Seven children times seven winters! And once I have claimed my due, I shall be born again - as one of you! As one of your own children, I shall bring ruin to you all!" -Sample Curse
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-12-2016 at 06:12 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Ravenloft Feats

Back to the Wall [Prereq: base attack +2]
    You are at your best when your situation is at its worst. The minions of evil (or good) may overwhelm you, but the gods be damned if you don't take a few of them down with you. You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and AC when you are at one-quarter or less of your maximum hit points.

Cold One [Prereq: You must have lost at least one level to an energy drain attack]
    You are cold and clammy to the touch. Mindless undead ignore you unless you attack them first. Intelligent undead must succeed at a Wisdom check DC 13 to realize you are not undead. Due to your slow metabolism, if you are ever dying (below 0 hp), you lose hit points at the rate of only 1 hp every two rounds. When recovering from damage via natural healing, you recover only 1/2 hp/character level per day of rest. This is an extraordinary quality.

Courage
    You are particularly fearless in the face of danger. You gain a +4 bonus to all Fear saves.

Cry [Prereq: female, Pout feat]
    You have mastered the art of manipulating men. 1/day you can cry to get what you want from a man, perhaps gaining a favor from him. The extent of the favor is left to the discretion of the DM.

Darkness Within [Prereq: You must have failed at least one Dark Powers check]
    Now that you have started to walk the spiraling path of corruption, the inhibiting powers of good and purity are less effective on you. Protection from evil only grants +1 to AC and saves against you, as does magic circle against evil. The smite ability only does half damage to you, and dispel evil only give opponents a +2 bonus when facing you.

Dead Man Walking [Prereq: You must have survived an encounter that turned against you (failed Horror save or been reduced to negative hp]
    After a brush with the horrors of the night, you accept that you are living on borrowed time. Upon making a successful Fear or Horror save, you receive a +2 bonus to all saving throws and skill checks for the encounter due to the icy calm in which you face mortal danger.

Ghost Sight [Prereq: You must have had a brush with death (been reduced to -1 hp or lower, or slain and then brought back to life)]
    You can see into the Near Ethereal. Since ghosts make up the majority of creature's in Ravenloft's Near Ethereal, folklore views this as the ability to see the dead. You can see creatures that are ethereal even if they are not manifested. Unlike the see invisibility spell, this capacity does not reveal illusions or allow you to see invisible or astral creatures. Your ability to see ethereal creatures is limited only by your own visual range. This is a supernatural ability. Since you are strangely attuned to the Near Ethereal, ethereal creatures can see you unusually clearly and must succeed at a DC 15 Perception check to realize that you are not actually in the Near Ethereal as well. These creatures may be drawn to you out of curiosity, desperation, or malice.

Hearthlore [Prereqs: Int 14+, Wis 16+]
    You possess a remarkable reservoir of knowledge regarding myth and folklore of the land, including the superstitions of the common folk regarding herbal healings, protection from supernatural creatures, and other widely held beliefs. You gain a +1 circumstance bonus to Knowledge checks regarding vampires, lycanthropes, fey, ancient dead, ghosts and spirits, constructs, hags, vistana, fiends, and any Knowledge (planes) check.

Jaded
    Like an experienced investigator or a veteran of the Dead Man's Campaign, you have been hardened against the horrors of the world by cruel experience. You gain a +4 bonus to all Horror saves.

Logical Mind [Prereqs: Int 15+, non-chaotic alignment, 1 rank in one of the following Knowledge skills: engineering, geography, history, nature, nobility]
    You receive a +4 resistance bonus to Will saves against spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects, and to mundane Fear, Horror, and Madness saves promted by creatures with spell-like or supernatural abilities. Once you take this feat, you can no longer put ranks in any of the following Knowledge skills: arcana, planes, and religion. You may still attempt skill checks in these skills in which you have previously purchased ranks in.

Lunatic [Prereqs: Chaotic alignment]
    Your mind and body are tied to the cycles of the moon, making you more energetic and excitable as the moon waxes. You gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, Fortitude and Reflex saves, and Cha-based skill checks when the moon is gibbous (more than half-full). This bonus rises to +2 during the 3-night period of the full moon. During the 3-night period of the new moon, you suffer a -2 penalty to these rolls instead. The modifiers are reversed for Will saves: +2 during the new moon, -1 during the gibbous moon, and -2 during the full moon. This is an extraordinary ability.

Machiavellian [Prereqs: Cha 16+, 2 ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive]
    You have a silver tongue and a natural presence about you. You have learned to put this innate charm to use as a political predator. You gain a +2 competence bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive.

Mesmerizing [Prereqs: Wis 16+, Cha 14+]
    Something about you reaches inside people and grabs hold of their will. You gain a +2 competence bonus to Diplomacy and Heal (Hypnosis) checks. If you have 10 ranks in both Diplomacy and Heal, the bonus increases to +4.

Muse [Prereqs: Cha 15+]
    You possess the rare sort of beauty or spirit that feeds the divine flame of creativity. Your very presence inspires passion and stirs others to works of creative genius. When allies attempt a Perform check within 30 feet of you and you are in their line of sight, they receive a +2 circumstance bonus to their roll. This effect does not extend to any creatures other than your allies unless you wish it to. This is an extraordinary ability. You can grant a +2 circumstance bonus to an ally who is using the Craft skill to create an item, but you must spend all of the item's construction time in the company of the creator and your activities must be limited to talking, eating, and resting. You receive a +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Perform checks when interacting with a character who has at least 5 ranks in Craft or Perform. If you are a spell caster, the DC of any charm spell you cast increases by +1. Whenever you are reduced to below 0 hit points, any allies in your presence with a Charisma of 12 or higher must make a Horror save DC 20.

Nine Lives
    You seem to be protected, perhaps by a guardian spirit, perhaps by a malign power that wants to keep you alive long enough to deal with you personally. Regardless, you have a penchant for surviving lethal situations. If you fail a Fortitude or Reflex save and are killed as a direct result, you may take 2 points of permanent Charisma drain to re-roll the saving throw. If you fail the re-reoll, you can take another 2 points of Charisma drain to roll yet again, and so on. This is an extraordinary ability. The Charisma drain can be recovered normally with restoration or similar magic, but this ability can only be used 8 times.

Open Mind
    An adaptable mind keeps your sanity resilient. You enjoy a +4 to all Madness saves.

Piercing Gaze [Prereq: Wis 12+, Cha 12+]
    You have a greater ability to see through mists and fog, as well as an increased chance to capture the gaze of someone you wish to enchant. Your gaze is strange and intense. Often your eyes seem to glow in the dark when ambient light reflects off them. When caught in the Mists, you have a +3 bonus to Perception checks when looking for a Mistway. Your oddly piercing gaze also allows you to cast spells that require victims to look at you to have a +2 DC to the save. Because of the weirdness of your gaze, you have an Outcast Rating of +1 with strangers.

Portents [Prereq: Wis 15+]
    You are blessed with hazy visions of the near future. These take the form of vague feelings of comfort or dread that manifest on the cusp of pivitol choices. 1/day as a standard action, you can use augury as if cast by a sorcerer equal to your total character level. This is a supernatural ability.

Pout [Prereq: female]
    Your sad puppy eyes enable you to get what you want from men. You can influence the attitude of a gentleman towards you by one step (indifferent to helpful, etc.) by pouting as a standard action.

Reincarnated
    You have vague, dreamlike memories of a former life. You even possess skills you've never knowingly learned. Choose any skill. You gain a +2 bonus to the skill and it is always a class skill for you. Your spirit was reborn because it is emotionally linked to a creature that lingered in the world. If you ever encounter your "soul-mate", it will instantly recognize you, and you gain a +4 to all Cha-based skill checks when interacting with it.

Scent of the Grave
    You carry an unholy stench that is undetectable to all but animals. The birds and beasts of the earth are frightened and intimidated by the sheer wrongness of your scent. Animals suffer a -2 morale penalty to their attack rolls and skill checks within 30 feet of you. For animals with the Scent ability, this penalty increases to -4. You receive a +4 profane bonus to Intimidate animals. You may never have an animal companion or cohort, and suffer a -4 to Handle Animal checks. This is an extraordinary ability.

Smitten
    You are truly and deeply in love, in the purest storybook sense. Your love is not necessarily requited, but acts as a source of strength and purpose, for you would cross oceans and move mountains to protect your beloved. Select a humanoid creature or any creature that appears humanoid. That individual is your beloved. When your beloved is within your line of sight, you receive a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws. If your beloved is threatened by physical or magical harm, including mental attacks and control, the bonus increases to +2. If your beloved is reduced to 0 hp or below in your presence, you must make a Horror save DC 20. If your beloved dies or is revealed to be a supernatural creature (such as a lycanthrope or vampire), you must make a Madness save DC 20. You may only take this feat once, even if your beloved dies.

Spirit of Darkness [Prereqs: Cha 13+, evil alignment]
    You are the darkness and the storm. You have a soul that puts others at ill ease and bestows despair in times of grief and terror. Your allies within 30 feet receive a -1 profane penalty to Fear, Horror, and Madness saves to counteract Sinkholes of Evil. When in your presence, a creature that has failed a Horror or Madness save suffers a -2 penalty to its recovery checks. You must spend 8 hours a day with the creature each day following the failed save. Your activities during the 8 hours does not matter, but you must remain within 60 feet of that creature for the duration. This is an extraordinary ability.

Spirit of Light [Prereqs: Cha 13+, good alignment]
    You are the candle in the darkness and the harbor in the storm. You have a soul that seems to put others at ease and give them strength in times of grief and terror. Your allies within 30 feet receive a +1 sacred bonus to Fear, Horror, and Madness saves to counteract Sinkholes of Evil. When in your presence, a creature that has failed a Horror or Madness save receives a +2 sacred bonus to its recovery checks. You must spend 8 hours a day with the creature each day following the failed save. Your activities during the 8 hours does not matter, but you must remain within 60 feet of that creature for the duration. This is an extraordinary ability.

Tantric Ability [Prereqs: Wis 14+, Cha 12+, you must learn this feat through direct experience from another individual who possesses Tantric Ability.]
    Tantric ability is a lovemaking technique meant to bring two souls closer together. You declare the use of this feat when your character participates in intimate relations with a chosen partner. The partner makes a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Cha modifier). If your partner fails the Will save, you gain a +4 to all Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks involving the partner for a number of hours equal to your Charisma modifier.

University Education [Prereq: your domain of origin must have a Cultural Level of Renaissance. If you do not take this feat at 1st level, you must live for a year in a major city within a realm of Renaissance level]
    Choose two Knowledge skills. You receive a +2 to these Knowledge skills. Additionally, all Knowledge skills are class skills for you.

Unseen [Prereqs: 2 ranks Bluff, 2 ranks Stealth]
    Provided you remain perfectly still, you can hide in plain sight. Through some perplexing trick of the light or the mind, other creatures seem to simply overlook you. Whenever you are not being observed, you can conceal yourself as a free action, making yourself effectively invisible. You can take no actions while concealed, including moving or talking. This effect lasts as long as you take no actions. This is an extraordinary ability, though see invisibility, true seeing, and the like reveal your presence. In all other respects this ability is treated as a glamer and may be disbelieved with a Will save equal to 10 + 1/2 your character level.

Voice of Wrath
    The unseen forces of vengeance heed your commands. You gain a +4 to all Curse checks.

Warding Gesture [Prereqs: Wis 11+, Cha 11+]
    At some point in the past, a relative or friend taught you a simple folk gesture thought to keep the minions of evil at bay. Though you rely on this superstition reflexively, unnatural creatures are genuinely fearful of you when you brandish such a sign. Whether this is because of its occult power or simply your belief in its power is uncertain. Choose one of the following creature types: aberrations, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, giants, magical beasts, outsiders, shapechangers, or undead. As a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity, you can make a simple gesture. Creatures of your chosen type must make a Fear save DC 10 + 1/2 your total character level + your Cha modifier. You can make the gesture only once per encounter, but it is usuable an unlimited number of times per day. This is an extraordinary ability. You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you must designate a new creature type that is affected by the gesture.

Wealth
    Whether through investment, political influence, inheritance or the untimely death of relatives, you gained access to munificent resources when you took this feat. Once each month, make a d20 roll against your character level. If this check succeeds, you can roll double the starting wealth again for one of your character classes. The money arrives within the week by a method chosen by the DM.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 09-04-2013 at 11:49 PM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

"I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow. And it grew both day and night till it bore an apple bright. In the morning glad I see, My foe outstretched beneath the tree." -William Blake, "A Poison Tree"

Ravenloft Spells (I'm going to add more as the game progresses.)

1st Level Spells

DEAD MAN'S TELL
    School Necromancy; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V,S,M (a flexible body part harvested from an executed criminal)
    Range Tough
    Target One body part
    Duration Permanent until discharged
    Save None; SR no

You transfer the magical power of one of your currently prepared divination spells into a body part taken from a criminal's corpse, such as a hand, finger, or head. You must cast the divination spell to be imbued immediately after casting dead man's tell. Any divination spell with an emanation area of effect or "close" range can be imbued: such as detect magic, detect poison, detect scrying, detect secret doors, detect undead, and similar spells. The first time the dead man's tell item detects the subject of the imbued spell within 60 feet, it violently spasms for one round - a hand clenches and crawls, a finger jerks and points, jaws chatter, and the like. The subject still receives a saving throw to avoid detection, if the imbued spell allows one. The dead man's tell item does not indicate the power or exact location of the subject it has detected, merely its presence. After a single display, the magic dissipates and the body part rapidly decays.
    Casting this spell requires a powers check.

INSATIABLE THIRST
    School Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
    Components V,S
    Range Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target 1 living creature
    Duration 1 round/level
    Save Will negates; SR yes

The victim of this spell does anything within the limits of its alignment to consume any potable liquid it can find while affected. The target does not become an imbecile and will not knowingly drink harmful liquids such as poison or acid. The victim may speak and plead and call for help as free actions. If the only way for a victim to slake its thirst is to get past an opponent or other obstacle, it will resort to violence. Each round, the victim may make a Will save to ignore its thirst for the round and act normally.
    Aquatic creatures suffer a -2 racial penalty to their saving throws against this spell.

RAY OF DEBILITATION
    Components V,S
    Effect Ray
    Duration 1 round/level
    Save Fort negates; SR yes

The victim of this spell becomes fatigued for the duration of the spell. If the victim is already fatigued, he becomes exhausted. At the end of the duration, the subject returns to his previous state. Casting this spell requires a powers check.

RHEUMATISM
    School Transmutation; Level bard 1, druid 1, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2
    Components V,S,F/DF (a set of knucklebones from an animal that died of old age)
    Effect Ray
    Duration 1 round/level

This spell sends a bolt of necromantic energy from the caster's hand to strike an opponent and fuse its bones into arthritic mounds, making it difficult to move or bend the affected body part. The precise effect depends on where the bones are fused. Under normal circumstances, the ray strikes a random joint (see below). On a critical hit the caster decides precisely where the bolt strikes. Creatures without skeletons (such as plants, oozes, constructs, and many aberrations) are immune to this spell, as well as certain other creatures for certain body parts/effects at the DM's discretion (such as fish and snakes).

d00% - Location: Effect
    01-05 - Foot: -2 penalty to Dexterity.
    06-20 - Knee: -4 penalty to Dexterity; base land, climb, and swim speed halved.
    21-40 - Pelvis/Back: -2 penalty to Dexterity; base land, climb, and swim speed halved; -4 competence penalty to attack rolls.
    41-50 - Hand/Wrist: cannot grip (or release) held objects with one hand, or use that hand to cast spells with a somatic component.
    51-65 - Elbow: cannot use hand of that arm to cast spells with a somatic component; -4 competence penalty to attack rolls with that arm, wing, or with two-handed weapon.
    66-85 - Shoulder/Wing: cannot use hand of that arm to cast spells with a somatic component; -4 competence penalty to attack rolls with that arm or with two-handed weapon; base land speed (if on all fours), swim speed (if uses upper limbs to swim), climb speed, and fly speed (if uses wings to fly) halved.
    86-00 - Neck/Head: cannot speak or cast spells with verbal component; -4 Perception checks (can't turn head easily to see); -2 competence penalty to attack rolls.

ROTTED WARNING
    Components V,S,M,F (M: a gold coin and a few drops of ink, which are placed under the corpse's tongue as the caster whispers the message into the corpse's mouth. F: the corpse of a creature that could speak when alive. The head must largely be intact.
    Range Touch
    Target One corpse
    Duration Permanent until discharged
    Save Will negates (object); SR yes (object)

This spell functions like magic mouth, except that the caster uses a dead body to deliver the message rather than an illusory mouth. The corpse speaks in its own voice, so the more degraded the body, the less intelligible the message will be when spoken.

2nd Level Spells

BLACK BLOOD FRENZY
    School Transmutation [Evil]; Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Components V,S,M (the heart of a freshly slain non-goblinoid [2d4+2 minutes after the creatures death]; the subject of the spell must drink from the heart to receive the spell's effects)
    Range Touch
    Target One living goblinoid
    Duration 1 minute/level (see text)

Black Blood Frenzy is a dire example of the intense yet self-destructive power of hag magic. This spell was supposedly created by the Three Hags of Tepest, who have since taught it to goblin witches to bribe them into obedience.
    This spell affects only goblinoids. As the tainted blood spreads through the goblinoid's veins, it grows larger and more powerful. The subject gains +4 temporary hit points, +2 profane bonus to Str, Con, and Cha, +3 natural armor bonus, and a +4 profane bonus to saves against fear and fear effects. If the subject's size is Small or smaller, it grows by one size category.
    Such power does not come without a cost. If the subject does not again drink from the blood of the heart before the duration expires, the subject's own corrupted blood consumes the goblinoid from within, inflicting 1 point of Constitution drain per round (no save). When the subject's Constitution reaches 0, its blood forces itself from the goblinoid's body, resulting in a gruesome death.

GROUND FOG
    School Conjuration (Creation); Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Components V,S
    Range 1 10 ft. square/level
    Effect Thick vapor centered on you spreads and is 2 feet high
    Duration 1 hour/level
    Save None; SR no

A mysterious mist seeps from the ground to a swirling 2-foot height. Since the fog swirls, it does not reveal invisible creatures. The fog grants concealment to Small creatures on the ground and total concealment to Tiny creatures, prone Medium-sized creatures, hidden pits, and gaseous creatures such as a spellcaster or vampire using gaseous form.

INSIGHT
    School Divination; Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Casting Time 1 full round
    Components V,M (eye of a hawk, eagle, or similar bird of prey)
    Range Personal
    Target You
    Duration 1 round/level (D)

This spell imbues the caster's vision with an unearthly degree of acuity. The spell grants a +10 insight bonus to Perception checks.

PROTECTION FROM CURSES
    School Abjuration; Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Casting Time 1 minute
    Components V,S,F (amulet made from the foot of a chicken, feathers of an eagle, and vanilla seeds)
    Range Touch
    Target Creature touched
    Duration 1 hour/level
    Save Will negates (harmless); SR no

While in effect, the effective DC of any Curse laid on the subject is raised by +4. Likewise, the recipient gains an effective +4 resistance to saves against magical curses, and a +4 resistance bonus to Fortitude saves to resist being afflicted with lycanthropy. Full-blooded Vistani can sense when a person is protected with this spell. To avoid the hindrance created by this spell, the offended may tailor their curses to target the recipient's family or possessions rather than the recipient himself.

STRAHD'S BANEFUL ATTRACTOR
    School Transmutation; Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Components V,S,M (bits of broken glass)
    Target One creature
    Duration 1 rounds/level

This spell transforms the subject into a lodestone for range weapons. Any ammunition from a ranged attack targeted at a creature within 15 feet of the subject actually targets the victim of the spell. Ranged attack spells are not affected, but magic missiles are.

WALL OF GLOOM
    School Conjuration (Creation) [Darkness, Fear]; Level sorcerer/wizard 2
    Components V,S,M (a clump of black wood)
    Range Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect 2 x 10 cu. ft. + 10 cu. ft./2 levels (S)
    Duration 1 minute/level
    Save Fort partial (see text); SR no

The spellcaster manifests a seething wall of shadow. The gloomy barrier provides 50% concealment, and living creatures must make a Will save to be able to pass through it. If they fail, they are frightened. Undead shadows must also succeed a Will save to pass through the wall of gloom. If they fail, they treat the wall as a solid object. Should anyone attempt to cast a spell from the Illusion (Shadow) school through the wall, the spell is harmlessly absorbed, and the duration of the wall increases by 1 minute.

3rd Level Spells

AUGMENT UNDEAD
    School Necromancy [Evil]; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V,S,F (scrap of clothing from an undead creature)
    Target One undead creature
    Duration 1 minute/level (D)
    Save Will negates (harmless); SR yes

This spell temporarily bolsters the forces that drive the undead ever onward. The targeted undead receives a +1 to all saving throws and a +3 to saving throws against the channel energy ability.

DEATH SIGHT
    School Illusion [Phantasm]; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components S
    Target One humanoid
    Duration 1 round + 1 round/level

The subject sees every creature around her as a shambling, rotting corpse. The subject must make a Fear save in the first round and a Horror save in the following round. The Fear and Horror DC's are equal to the DC of the spell's Will save.

DIMINISH UNDEAD
    School Necromancy; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V,S, F (scrap of clothing from an undead creature)
    Target One undead creature
    Duration 1 minute/level

This spell temporarily disrupts the loathsome forces that drive the undead ever. onward, rendering them temporarily vulnerable to the cleansing power of divine magic. The targeted undead creature suffers a -1 sacred penalty to all saving throws and a -3 sacred penalty to saves against the channel energy ability. Casting this spell requires a powers check.

HAG'S BLESSING
    School Transmutation [Evil]; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V,S,M (hog's blood, which must be smeared on the subject)
    Range Touch
    Target One living creature
    Duration 10 minutes/level

This spell grotesquely distorts the flesh of a living creature, making it resemble a caliban. These deformities increase the subject's Outcast Rating by +1 per 2 caster levels beyond 3rd (+1 at 3rd level, +2 at 5th level, +3 at 7th level, to a maximum of +9 at 19th level). The spell also grants the subject a bonus to Disguise checks equal to twice this OR increase to avoid being recognized. Hag's Blessing can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

IMMERSE MIND
    School Divination [Mind-Affecting]; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V,S
    Range Touch
    Target One creature or corpse
    Duration 1 round

This spell allows the caster to probe the mind of the touched creature or corpse, recalling the single most important moment in the creature or corpse's life. If the subject is dead, the defining moment is probably, but not necessarily, the creature's death.
    The spell gives the caster a +4 insight bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy with the target and decreases his Outcast Rating by -1 with the target and other members of the same culture.
    Most shared memories seem to last about a minute, but are experienced by the caster in 1 round. Sharing the memory of a violent death is enough to prompt a Madness save. If the caster has the Reincarnated feat, she gains a +4 morale bonus to this save.

SEE SPIRIT WORLD
    School Divination; Level sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components V,S
    Range Touch
    Target Creature Touched
    Duration 1 round/level

This spell grants the subject the ability to see the ever-shifting landscape of the Near Ethereal - what most folk call the spirit world. The subject experiences the world as through the eyes of a ghost, able to see all ethereal resonance within 60 feet. The resonance appears as a translucent blush of color over the natural tones of the area. Thus, a Sinkhole of Evil may appear with a ghostly taint of black, while a brothel would be vibrantly painted with red and purple. This spell does not allow the subject to sense ethereal creatures unless their ethereal resonance is particularly powerful.
    While the spell is in effect, the subject's Will saves are modified by ethereal resonance (and Sinkholes of Evil) as if the subject was in the Near Ethereal. (see Sinkholes of Evil)
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

"He that lacks time to mourn, lacks time to mend.
    Eternity mourns that. 'Tis an ill cure.
    For life's worst ills, to have no time to feel them."

-Sir Henry Taylor, Philip Van Artevelde, Part I. Act 1. Sc. 5.

Ravenloft Poisons

Code:
    Poison                Type    Fort DC  Onset  Frequency       Effect              Cure     Cost  Found
    Baron's Bane          contact   22       -    1 rd./4 rds     1d2 Wis* + 1d2 Con*1 save    2500  Forlorn
    Deadly Nightshade     ingested  15    10 min. 1 rd./4 rds     1d3 Con            1 save     100  Forlorn
    Erl Queen's Lace**    ingested  21    10 min. 1 rd./4 rds     1d3 Cha*/unconsci. 1 save     400  Forlorn
    Ghost Threads**       ingested  18    1 min.  1 rd./6 rds     1 Con + 1d2 Dex    1 save     700  Forlorn
    Goblyn Lime**         injury    17       -    1/rd for 6 rds. 1d2 Dex + 1d3 Con  2 saves   1500  Forlorn
    Goblyn Lime**         ingested  17    1 min.  1/rd for 6 rds. 1d2 Wis* + 1d3 Con 2 saves   1500  Forlorn
    Hag's Crepe           contact   17       -    1/rd for 6 rds. 1d2 Con + 1d3 Cha  2 saves    900  Forlorn
    Lung-eater Puffball** inhaled   17       -    1/rd for 4 rds. 1d2 Con            2 saves    700  Forlorn
    Mausskul Mushroom**   ingested  14    1 min.  1/rd for 4 rds. 1d3 Str            1 save     400  Forlorn
    Mournberries**        ingested  20    2 days  1/rd for 4 rds. 1d4 Int            2 saves   1800  Forlorn
    Olc-blath Pollen      inhaled   15       -    1/rd for 6 rds. 1d3 cha            2 saves    550  Forlorn
    Raineater Toadstool** injury    15       -    1/rd for 4 rds. 1d2 Str            2 saves    800  Forlorn
    Red Worm Mushroom     ingested  16    1 min.  1/rd for 6 rds. 1d4 Con            1 save    1500  Forlorn
    Tatterleaf Dust       contact   17       -    1/rd for 6 rds. 1 Dex              1 save     300  Forlorn
    Tri-poison Oil        contact   12       -    1/rd for 4 rds. 1d2 Dex            1 save     100  Forlorn
    Weep-my-lassie        ingested  18    10 min. 1/rd for 3 rds. 1d6 Con            2 saves   1500  Forlorn
    Whiteshoot Root       injury    18       -    1/rd for 6 rds. 1d2 Str            1 save     500  Forlorn
    Wight Fern Spores**   inhaled   15       -    1 rd            death              1 save    1500  Forlorn
    *PERMANENT ABILITY DRAIN
    **See Notes Below
    Erl Queen's Lace After the onset time expires, on an initial failed save the victim falls unconscious for 1 hour.
    Ghost Threads In addition to the damaging effects of this plant, the victim gains the ability of the see spirit world spell, for 2d4 days, possibly prompting Horror saves.
    Goblyn Lime This poisonous fruit may be used in one of two ways. First, the juice of a goblyn lime can coat a weapon, creating an Injury type poison. Second, the meat and juice of a goblyn lime are a useful ingested poison.
    Lung-eater Puffball The spores of this fungus sprout in the victim's lungs, slowly making breathing more and more difficult. Lung-eater infections are treated as a disease, requiring an additional roll for damage each day. Ability scores lost to infection to heal naturally until the victim's lungs are healed.
    Mausskul Mushroom The effects of this mushroom are doubled and DC increased by +1 against rodents, rats, rat-like caliban and creatures, and wererats and related creatures.
    Mournberries The lack of Intelligence from eating a mournberry tends to be a reaction of increased depression and moodiness, and the withdraw of family and friends.
    Raineater Toadstool This fungus is a hydrophage, leeching moisture from its surroundings. Creatures poisoned with this substance quickly become dehydrated, and must continue to save as if re-poisoned each 24 hours, as if it was a disease.
    Wight Fern Spores Anyone killed by the spores of the wight fern has a 60% chance of rising as a wight in 3 days. If one knows this fact and uses the poison on someone, the act requires a powers check.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 07-04-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

When they joined the struggle there was something they could not have known at the time,
    that no blade on earth, no blacksmith's art
    could ever damage their demon opponent.
    He had conjured the harm from the cutting edge of every weapon.

-Beowulf, as translated by Seamus Heaney

DEATH BY PITCHFORK
    The minions of darkness have a habit of striking when heroes are ill prepared to face them. All too often, heroes may be forced to defend themselves with common objects. Furthermore, many characters that heroes encounter from mobs of irate villagers to thieving goblinfolk, are more likely to wield such weapons of opportunity than true military arms.
    Tool-grade weapons are similar to military-grade weapons. Characters wielding such items suffer a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls. The tools listed below are considered simple weapons.

Code:
    Tool              Equivalent
    Axe               Battleaxe
    Broken Bottle     Dagger
    Carving Knife     Dagger
    Crowbar           Light mace
    Fireplace Poker   Shortspear
    Gaff              Light pick
    Grain Flail       Flail
    Hammer            Light Hammer
    Hatchet           Handaxe
    Hoe*              Quarterstaff
    Machete           Scimitar
    Meat Cleaver      Handaxe
    Piano String**    Sap
    Pick              Heavy Pick
    Pitchfork         Trident
    Scythe            Scythe
    Shovel*           Quarterstaff
    Sickle            Sickle
    Skillet           Club
    Sledge            Warhammer
    *Unlike a quarterstaff, these tools are not double weapons.
    **A piano string strung around the neck does lethal slashing damage instead of bludgeoning damage and allows the wielder to make a CMB check to initiate a grapple.
    NEW WEAPONS

Code:
    Simple Weapons   CuL   Cost    Dmg (S)  Dmg (M)   Critical   Range    Weight  Type Special
    Light Melee Weapons
    Straight Razor    3+   2 gp    1d3      1d4          x2        -      1/2 lb.  S   see below
    Exotic Weapons
    Parthian Rapier   9    300 gp  1d4/1d10 1d6/1d10 18-20/x2/x3 -/50 ft. 5 lbs.   P   see below
    Parthian Rapier The curious Parthian (or "parting shot") rapier is considered the bane of honorable duelists and is usually found as an aristocratic display piece. It is simple a rapier with a pistol built into the hilt. The Parthian rapier is poorly balanced compared to either a standard rapier or pistol and is an exotic weapon. It does boast an insidious advantage, however. If the wielder makes a successful attack with the rapier blade, by simply pulling the trigger she can then immediately fire the pistol at the same target as a free action. The target cannot use her Dexterity bonus to AC against this follow up attack. You can use the Weapon Finesse feat when attacking with the rapier blade. You suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls made with the pistol if you do not have the Exotic Weapons Proficiency (firearms) feat.
    Straight Razor A small, finely honed blade with a folding handle. Against a foe that is caught flat-footed from a successful attack, the razor also does 1 bleed damage.

GRENADELIKE GUNPOWDER WEAPONS

Code:
    Weapon      CuL     Cost      Damage  Blast Radius*   Range Increment    Weight   Special
    Bomb         8+     150 gp     2d6        5 ft.           10 ft.         1 lb.    see below
    Smokebomb    8+      70 gp     Smoke    see below         10 ft.         1 lb.    see below
    *A miss requires a roll for deviation as for regular grenadelike weapons, but rather than dealing splash damage to all creatures within 5 feet, the weapon deals the same damage to all creatures within the blast radius of where it actually lands.

Bomb This round gunpowder bomb must be lit before it is thrown. Lighting the bomb is a standard action. The explosion deals 2d6 points of fire damage. Those caught in the blast radius can make a DC 20 Ref save to take half damage. Any character carrying a bomb who suffers fire damage must make a DC 13 Ref save. If the character fails this save, the bomb's fuse has accidently been lit; unless put out as a standard action, it explodes 1 round later.
    Smokebomb This cylindrical bomb must be lit before it is thrown. Lighting it is a standard action. One round after it is lit, this nondamaging explosive emits a cloud of smoke in a 20-foot-radius that persists in still conditions for 1d3+6 rounds and windy conditions for 1d3+1 rounds. Visibility is limited to two feet. Everything within the cloud has 90% concealment. Any character carrying a bomb who suffers fire damage must make a DC 13 Ref save. If the save fails, the bomb's fuse has accidently been lit; unless put out as a standard action, it goes off 1 round later.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 12-12-2016 at 06:04 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.