Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Second Quest - "Shadows of Ravenscar"]

“I met a young squire in his teenage years, who bore the shield of Lord Windsound, who had your name and likeness Sir Loren,” Beldyn replied. “But as you say, we are...different men in the eyes of the god.”

“Yes, very good,” the Wayfarer interjected. “If you'd like you may rest and better acquaint yourselves with each other, you may use in the sanctuary where you three met Waylorn and Colbert before I send everyone into the River together. I'm still working on more permanent quarters for your group, but for now that place will do in a pinch. If you feel that you need the time, that is,” he said, eyes lingering on Simone for a moment.

OOC -
    Okay guys, would you like a “night” to rest before it's on to the next mission?
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 04-11-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

"A nights rest may do us some good," Loren responded to the Wayfarer. "I know I have much to pray upon..."

OOC:
    Loren votes rest.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

“Down the hallway then, most of you know the way,” he said with a friendly wave towards the door. “I have work to do.”

Ulin silently led the new group of companions through the heavy wooden door, down the short dark hallway, and through the second door to the sanctuary of swirled green and white marble with the six matching pillars in the center. The tree statue with the face carved into the golden brown tourmaline still watched the room from beneath it's stiff canopy of emerald leaves. Ulin idly wondered if it was the Wayfarer's way of paying his respects to Zivilyn the World Tree and the god's wise presence throughout time or if it had some other purpose. Like so many things about their lives it remained a mystery. Waylorn's bier between the pillars was as gone as the timelost druid and his bear companion, but the feeling of peace and serenity that pervaded the place remained. Ulin also saw that the double-doors to the room with the fountain and the ever-shifting mural were still there as well, although they had been closed since is initial arrival alongside the dwarf, Bhatair.

OOC -
    Okay kids settle in and talk amongst yourselves if you'd like. For Loren, Beldyn, Luccia and Sounare this is their first time in this part of the Wayfarer's home. Let's avoid any big questions for Beldyn until elder returns, please.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 02-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Loren walked into the room and immediately felt a weight, however small, lifting from him. There was a sense of peace here, like being alone in the woods on a sunny pleasant day. He took a deep breath and looked about, wondering at the decoration of the room. How the Wayfarer had built this he had no idea, but he appreciated that it was here for them.

OOC:
    Know religion on the tree:(10) + 9=19
    Last edited by jake; 05-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Characters:

Luccia and Sounare made their way into the sanctuary, side-by-side. Rest being most welcome, the strangeness of her arrival here made the days she spent tracking her quarry through countryside seem as ages past. The last time she had bed down was lost to memory. What of her men? Surely, they would be searching for her, but if she was not there and here was not even then... Was her company even alive? Or born yet? Did they exist at all? Standing, she was frozen in thought.

Sounare nuzzled into her side, freeing her from the locked moment. What time had she just lost in preponderance of thought? Sounare's nuzzle grew into a lean and a playful check of the beast's side sent the half-elf sideways to the floor. The griffon trilled placing one of it's talons softly on her chest and began to preen her hair.

"Impish Feathercat!", Luccia caught herself giggling. "Cease, tis a better a time for making new acquaintances". A light touch of her hand and Sounare released her from the ground. Pushing herself up to a seated position, she faced Loren.

"Loren Soth...", her words trailed pondering what to ask a person from an altogether different world. "From where do, pardon, from whence do you hail?" Her eyes quizzed, Truly, can you understand me?

She sensed her cheeks burning red and a dew of sweat upon her brow. She knew first impressions were important and she had made some awful ones here. A soft whistle sounded through the griffon's nostrils, pupils dilated. Sounare's head shifted studying the man, wondering what words the Lren-man would make.
    Last edited by Luthen; 05-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Beldyn watched the others as they started to make their way out of the hall they were in. This whole situation was almost impossible to unravel, time travel and the like. And yet Paladine had allowed it so there must have been something correct about it. There were a thousand questions swirling about his mind but there would be time. Patience revealed most answers.

He traced the steps the others had taken into the next room. He noted those who had stopped at the tree but saw no need for himself.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-20-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Simone followed Loren, keenly interested in, perhaps even worried about his reaction to Beldyn's arrival. She managed to stay at a comfortable distance however, acting natural as she listened in on his conversation with the Griffon Rider.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

Ulin glowered, trying not to imprint negative emotions on the newcomers.

"Where and when is somewhat irrelevant," the sorcerer answered. "The best way to think of it is different versions of the same place. Think of your Krynn as a grain of sand."

"Now see that grain amongst a beach, and that is the number of other Krynn's that may be different than yours. Dizzying, I know, but such is the River of Time."

"Where and when are relative to the place you call home. Not here."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Loren spent a minute glancing at the griffon as it seemed to study him. Yet again he wondered how intelligent the creature was. Then he looked back to their new companion and smiled as Ulin tried to explain things in a way that was probably thoroughly unhelpful.

"I come from a time likely well into your future," he said kindly. "964 years into the Age of Istar...or, 2600 ish in the Ergothian calender, I think? Something like that. I never paid enough attention to my studies," he said with a small smirk. "I used to be a knight of Solamnia," he said, his smile fading. "Before I was brought here I protected the Mishakite caravans that traveled around old Istar healing and helping through the chaotic times." Loren wondered intensely what Beldyn would make of this information. He still could not believe he was about to travel with the Kingpriest.

Characters:

The one named Ulin spoke of relevance and sand grains as if some form of alchemical formula. Wisdom too, seemed distilled in his words. Loren spoke of his 'home', the word Ergothian rang a comforting sound in Luccia's ears. Relevance, in a fortress isolated from the world she knew. She had hoped for some small comfort in conversation and found it, in a cruel, ephemeral fashion.

Quarantine from that which she held within her own self was tragically unavailable, even here. She had heard Loren speak 'Solamn...' and the tears of her heart bled down into her stomach. When they struck that which should not have occurred gouts of fire answered upwards through her spine.

"Speak again!?", Luccia's hand clawed at the leather thong about her neck as that of griffon's talon seeking a horse's heart. "What nightmare are you? When will I awake to see my noble Vinas' smile, comforting me? How dost thou know that name!?!"

The leather snapped, sending a feather drifting downwards. A ring spun wildly through the air, a dutiful beak caught the circular promise before it shattered upon the floor. Sounare interposed herself between her sister and the others, trilling softly as she nudged the half-elf back. A line of blood appeared about Luccia's neck echoing the lay of the broken necklace. Sobbing, muffled by feathers, echoed a dirge throughout the room.

The words slain and my hand could be distinguished between heart-wrenching sobs.
    Last edited by Luthen; 05-20-2013 at 11:31 PM.