Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Second Quest - "Shadows of Ravenscar"]

The Wayfarer chuckled for a long moment before he continued.

"You need to stop thinking of 'reality' as a whole and that gods have significant influence outside of their own worlds. Zivlyn sees more than most, but those Zivlyns have not been to all of the places I have been," he said with a twinkle in his eyes. "I am a traveler by nature and when I found that I could no longer reach many of the places I liked to visit I realized something was very wrong. So I have begun taking steps to correct these errant forks so that the River is safe to travel for all. Hence, all of you," the Wayfarer said with a sweeping gesture of his right arm. He gently alighted on the stone floor as he did so.

OOC -
    I'm enjoying this, but we shouldn't push to much further before elder has a chance to introduce himself and weigh in. We're already on our second page! Look what you started with Luccia's hissy fit Scott!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 12-03-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Ulin stifled the urge to roll his eyes.

"Perhaps I don't understand the River as you do, but to me this all seems like you missed some traveling destinations, and here we are risking lives to correct the forks."

Exhaling again, the sorcerer controlled his temper. Majere's were sensitive and slow to anger, but once they did, it took much to quell the flame. Ulin's connection to the tempestuous Wylding magic made it that much more difficult. A fit was the reason his father died, something he vowed to never happen again, via himself or another sorcerer.

"Can you at least tell me what happens to these blocked worlds, or is it just a missed holiday?"
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"They break Ulin. Gods, men, and animals die or cease to exist. Whole worlds go wrong," his expression darkened. "It's chaos," he growled. "It always comes back to chaos. And Chaos must be stopped at all costs," he said with a hard stare at the sorcerer. "You would like be born, wouldn't you?"
    Head Moderator &

Knowing the tales from his father, Ulin swallowed pride, only nodding in acquiescence.

"Good," The Wayfarer said flatly. "Beldyn? Would you care to join us?"

He glared at Luccia and her griffon for good measure, quite through arguing with his champions as he awaited the last member of the group to emerge from the shadows.

OOC -
    elder?
    Head Moderator &

Beldyn signed the triangle. He watched the others as they appeared out of thin air from the shadows of the pillar he was in. He would have rather been out in the open, in the light of the god but the Wayfairer suggested that he and the Ergothian woman stay in the shadows until the others had a chance to settle after being plucked by sorcery from wherever they came from. He hated the shadows, almost as much as he hated sorcery. He signed the triangle again to ward off the evil.

He continued his vigil as some of the companions left; he then got a better look at who was staying behind. A man in filthy robes, Beldyn had seen his kind before, a magic user. The next was a beautiful young woman, despite the gore that caked her clothes and who looked like she had seen too much pain but looked much better after receiving the wild man's blessing, despite that Beldyn had to catch his breath a moment after seeing her. He had seen many beautiful women in his life but she would rival them all. His glaze, slowly, left the woman and lingered on the knight. A memory stirred in Beldyn's mind.

He saw scatas, dressed in blue and bearing the triangle and falcon sigil of the Kingpriest. He also remembered a demon, how could he ever forget that, and the power of Paladine healing the wounded. He remembered Cathan taking the crown of power and becoming the true Emperor of Istar, the true Lightbringer. He also remembered a young boy, just in his teenage years; bearing the shield of Lord Windsoud, Beldyn was sure of it. This knight that stood with the group was at the Battle of Govinna but he was only a boy at the time, only a squire.

Beldyn's thoughts were ripped back to the present by the screeching of the griffon. The Ergothian demanded answers and waited patiently as the scene played out. He, himself, was unsure and had his doubts about the Wayfairer but he had taken it all in good faith, faith in the god, that it would all play out as intended. Beldyn could not control the events that surrounded him, which caused him moments of fear, but he could control his reaction to the events. That is what the god expected of him. However the others, they seemed of a different mind. He waited patiently for them to cease their bickering before emerging.

And then he was invited forward, Beldyn emerged from the shadows a safe distance from the griffon. "Greetings, children of the god." His voice was rich and regal and yet was slightly and oddly accented. He wore white robes with silver trim and a chain of platinum from which hung a triangle made of the same metal. His shoulder length light brown hair framed his face. He signed the triangle, "I am Beldyn Pilofiro. You may call me Brother Beldyn, or Beldyn, or anything else you wish. After all, the god knows us all and will not lose track because of names." He looked at the group, expecting questions from them but there was a more immediate need. "You look as if you have seen to many battles. If any of you are injured, distressed, or otherwise afflicted, come forward and receive the blessing of the god." By this point, Beldyn's face nearly glowed and his surf blue eyes sparkled like stars at night.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Loren was preparing to try and calm everyone after Ulin's and the Wayfarers exchange when he instantly bristled as an all too familiar person stepped out of the shadows. It was the Kingpriest himself, the man Loren had sacrificed his life to stop, the man who had led holy wars and inquisitions, the man who thought himself equal to the gods. Standing before Loren, asking to heal anyone's injuries, was the most dangerous man to ever walk the face of Krynn.

His hand instinctively began to move towards his greatsword when he forced it away. This might not be the same Beldinas he had known, or it might be before the man that everyone had believed in had turned paranoid and dark. He did note that Beldyn did not wear the Crown of Power, meaning at the very least he was not the Kingpriest. Perhaps he never took it in whatever timeline he was from. Loren just didn't know. Was this how the others felt when they saw him? A name from their nightmares but coming in friendship?

"Well met, Luccia Tobe and Beldyn," Loren said, using his time in the courts of Lords and Ladies to not show his reservation. "I am Loren Soth, knight of the Holy Lady Mishakal. This is the Lady Simone, and that is the mage Ulin," he said gesturing to each in turn. He was embarrassed to say he had forgotten their last names. The last few days had left little time for pleasantries.

"Lady Luccia, I promise you shall find no enemies to the mighty Empire here. We are all working to protect our homes, just as you. We welcome your help and company." He gave the griffon a quick look, wondering if they were as intelligent as the stories told.

"And....Brother Beldyn, I believe there is a chance we have met before, though I doubt we were the same men then." Loren needed to know that this man was not the Kingpriest from his timeline. He could only hope Beldyn was like him, a better version than many were used to. He didn't know how to approach the subject, though. Excuse me, Beldyn, he thought in his head, do you ever think you will try to ascend to the level of the gods, force me to kill you, and wreck the world in the process? No? Oh how wonderful, now we can be friends.

Loren settled for waiting, hoping Beldyn would offer more information about what timeline he came from and assuage the knight's fears.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

A deluge of impossibility washed over Luccia's mind, heated questions and simple, astounding answers. Indignant anger was extinguished like a candle thrown into the ocean. This was not a clever illusion fabricated to unhorse her just pursuit of murderers. If lies were present, she lacked the will or want to ferret out the truth.

A great exhale deflated her chest, eyes softening, "Greatly, I beg your pardons, Sirs and Lady. Confounded is my heart and mind, I know not where I stand... thinking this was some great spectacle of Illusion, to turn mine quest aside. All in sight and speech is so blue to thy senses...Benedicite, I thank thee for your assuage, Sir Loren. More glad to know you all, I shall be once thy humors settle."

Her arms shuffled beneath her cloak, there was a slight clink before she slowly produced a strip of dried meat and offered it to her griffon. "Softly, sister we may be in the wrong.", Luccia whispered. Sliding from her saddle, she landed softly on one knee and bowed her head. Sounare mirrored her action, forelegs extended outward, a slight tap as it's beak touched the ground.

--
    OOC - The word blue in Ancient Ergothian dialect was a colloquialism used to describe anything foreign, impossible or just strange. Apparently, it faded out of general use around 1812 PC.
    Last edited by Luthen; 05-19-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Loren gave two quick bows, one to the Lady and one to her griffin. Anything smart enough to bow to him deserved a bow back, he thought.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Calmed, Ulin took the cue from Loren and gave respectful nods in turn to the newcomers. The sorcerer politely decided not to stare. They both obviously came from times well before even the lives of his grandparents. Better to stay silent after such an emotional outburst.