Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [Second Quest - "Shadows of Ravenscar"]

Default Dragons on the River of Time [Second Quest - "Shadows of Ravenscar"]

The Prologue
    The blue-green glow of the River faded away, leaving behind the plain gray stone of the floor ringed in enchanted steel and oak. The fey lights winked out from each of the many green, yellow, and brown topazes in the outer ring that sealed the Wayfarer's fuller gate. Ulin could still feel the energy in the air. Goose-pimples still dotted his flesh.

Variel had said a terse good-bye and vanished into the light when his time had come. As the Wayfarer closed that portal and opened the next one for Waylorn and Colbert the druid had taken the time to say good-bye to each of them, clapping shoulders and shaking hands until it was time to go. Colbert had simply pooped on the floor and stoically followed his master through the portal. The Wayfarer was still staring at the steaming pile of waste decorating his magnificent artifact and chuckling when he called to the shadows.

"Thank you for being patient. Luccia, Beldyn please step into the light. Sounare too of course," the Wayfarer called to the room.

OOC -
    Luthen and elder you're in! I elected to cut scene past Waylorn and Variel's good-byes between threads. If they were still PCs and just retiring or whatever I would have played this out, but I'd much rather get our new players in on the action!

Guys, add your character sheets to the new thread and have at it! Ed, please don't forget to transfer Ulin to the current character sheet thread! I probably won't get the Quick Sheet update until Friday...
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 10-10-2015 at 02:53 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

The shadows concealed a large moving form, click, click, click. A ponderously large eagle's head broke the plane of darkness first. Click... click, the creature emerged fully into the light, razor talons struck the floor with each step. Golden avian eyes pierced each person in turn with a calculating sharpness. It's tapered beak bore no expression, yet held power enough to snap bones. White feathers covered the rest of the beast's head and faded into shades of chestnut approaching the neck and further down the lion-shaped body, hues of red speckled the plumage. The beast stood supported by four legs; the fore ended with raptor talons and the aft two were that of a lion.

Betwixt it's folded wings was saddled a figure hooded beneath a brown cloak. "I am named Luccia Tobe, I bear the Emperor's Justice unto them whom sought His demise and murdered His Lord Captain of the Imperial Guard and a most Noble Son. Acquit thy selves with words of truth or surrender to thee and plead mercy. Tarry not! Liar's tongues are slow."

Turning to face the Wayfarer, her tone deepened, "Patience?! I trust not yon blue, perverse charlatan or his company! Speak or be damned! Both we are hungry... for justice." she pronounced hinting towards her mount.

The lady shook her hood loose revealing golden-brown curls dangling to her shoulders. Tired, silver-blue eyes fiercely questioned those present. Arms still concealed by cloak; the feathers of her companion flourished, rising in agitation.
    Last edited by Luthen; 05-16-2013 at 09:55 PM.

The Wayfarer sighed so heavily this time he seemed to deflate, even wobbling about a bit in the air like a pricked balloon.

“I would have have hoped my last two displays of power would have convinced you that I am no charlatan,” he replied. “And no one here is an enemy of the Empire nor your enemy at all. They are to be your new companions in the days to come.” The old man ran a nut-brown hand through his thinning white hair. “She's having some trouble grasping the situation, I'm afraid,” he said as an aside to Ulin, Loren, and Simone. “One of you may have to give it a go. Also, who the hell is blue?” he muttered to himself.

OOC -
    There are some Knowledge checks being Pmed to people!
    Head Moderator &

Ulin’s self-doubt turned to annoyance, which again brought forth reluctant anger. The Wayfarer directed them like pawns on the khas board. Did he even care about Sir Daevan’s sacrifice? Did he care that new players shuffled in and out of his control like dice in a thieves den? That was it, a last straw. And now two more players to the game, much like he, snatched out of time and space. A temper known only to a Majere assailed the sorcerer.

“And so, is that it,” he asked, lips curled in a sneer. “Just like that, life and death is juggled about for some plan that seems to elude even me.”

“Yes, he is indeed powerful,” Ulin quipped, looking toward the gryphon rider. “A master of magic, altering the course of the River of Time in simplicity, as if drinking Tarbean tea. Easy enough, right?”

“I say no, Wayfarer! No more missions until we know the truth of this whole affair!”

Hurt and feeling alone, lost from any semblance of familiarity, Ulin needed assurance.
    Last edited by rogue; 05-16-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Loren was just giving Simone a look of thanks for standing up with him when shapes coalesced out of the darkness, the most important of which seemed to be a whole griffon. He listened in confusion when the lady spoke, her words sounding archaic and out of place even to him. He could tell by her armor that she was of the Ergothian Empire, an entity which existed even in his time. But judging by how she spoke she must have been from much farther back in the history of the Empire than in his time.

Loren was about to attempt to calm the Ergothian when Ulin had a small outburst and the Wayfarer was again questioned. Loren wondered how much the man, or whatever he was, would put up with them. Loren prepared himself for the man's response.
    Last edited by jake; 05-16-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"What, exactly have I lied about Ulin? What have I not done that I promised I would do so far? In my experience trust must be earned. I know this is an impossible thing to understand, let alone live, but I chose each of you because I believed you to be the heroes who could save the River of Time from it's...Corruption. I'm doing everything I can to save you and your worlds, but I can't do it without you," he said earnestly. "Any of you."

OOC -
    elder's character is going to walk into a crapstorm of crazy when he finally speaks up!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-16-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Head Moderator &

"I don't believe he meant to insinuate you have been dishonest with us." Simone stepped in, trying to diffuse the situation. "Simply that further explaining our purpose here might be beneficial to everyone involved."

"Know that we mean you no harm and are sympathetic to your confusion." She said calmly turning to the new arrival. "As you can no doubt ascertain yourself, we do not have all the answers ourselves, but we expect to be enlightened shortly."

She returned her focus to the Wayfarer with a look of wary expectation.
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

"Evasive to the last," he answered. "I want to know why we toil in multiple timelines?"

"To fix the River. Your forks and countless others have been corrupted. Our actions are correcting the flow of time across countless realities," he said exasperatedly. "I'm fairly certain I've been over all of this before."
    Head Moderator &

Ulin exhaled, one of the first lessons taught to spellcasters by the Orders, and echoed by him to his own students. He needed patience. Channeling the wisdom of his departed father, the sorcerer's tone evened.

"Yes, but to what end," he asked earnestly. "Is there a point? Are we saving reality? If so, why have the gods not intervened? It is not unknown for them to take interest."

"Zivilyn must hate you," he added haphazardly.

OOC: Sorry, edited a bit. Trying to get Ulin's vocabulary right.
    Last edited by rogue; 05-16-2013 at 11:13 PM.