Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode III: The Queen of Air and Darkness

Lykka, or Cham as it were, smiled sardonically at the droids sarcasm. "It'll be fine, as long as we win some creds," he said quietly. Sitting at the SysOp station, he busied himself with running a system diagnostic, making certain that all of the upgrades they had sliced into the ship's systems were cohesive with the platform.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

The Beginner’s Luck landing pattern brought her directly through the metropolitan over-city level. Gracefully designed buildings reflected soft, cloud-filtered sunlight in soft tones of gold with hues of light crimson. The city floated like a dream with it's mist-touched spires and dome-topped buildings. Though much smaller in size, it rivaled even Coruscant’s majesty. Though not as naturally beautiful as Aldera, the most recently visited civilized city, it was breathtaking to say the least.

Ace put the ship down on an open landing platform, one of hundreds of civilian docking stations quickly filling by the minute. With all the traffic, knowledge of the tournament seemed to circle around the Outer Rim, and perhaps even penetrating to the Deep Galactic Core.

Awaiting them on the hard deck were three official-looking men in bluish-gray uniforms. Two wore long-nosed blaster rifles on thick leather belts, obviously customs security. The third man was an elder gentleman holding a silver datapad, a greedy gleam in his dark eyes. All three men’s gazes settled on the Luck’s cockpit, awaiting the arrival of the new city guests. Both Lykka and Ace knew if they followed protocol, a ship inspection would come next.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"I'll go," Trangle volunteered, pulling off his headset as he sat beside ACE in the cockpit. He stood and headed for the ramp of the Luck. Trangle made a pit stop to gather the two red lightsabers he kept aboard the Luck. He carried all four lightsabers he possessed on his person now - one meant for Kadrien - if and when they found him, though Trangle placed the ancient weapons so they were spread out in pockets of his all-temperature cloak by the time he was ready to leave the Luck to meet the men. None hung visible from his utility belt.

The three men saw a Quarren as the ramp of the Luck lowered. The Quarren appeared unarmed - except for an unconcealed hold-out blaster and holstered on his utility belt - and in a white all-temperature cloak. Tentacles hanging from his chin wiggled as he bowed to the men, advertising his pale-pinkish bald head.

"I hope we're not too late for the tournament," Trangle said as he stood upright, opening up conversation.
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 09-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

“I'd best go too,” ACE said as Trangle left the cockpit. “I am the protocol droid after all. Wouldn't want the master getting a poor introduction,” he said good-naturedly. “I'd advise you come along as well Lykka. It's your show after all Mr. Credsticks!”

As the droid breezed past the rest of the crew on his way after the fake Quarren he spat out quick orders to the others to hide any weapons they weren't bringing into Cloud City.

“Security's tight here. If you can't hide it on you, stash it in the 'special' aft compartment. Do it fast. I'm willing to bet Trangle's lightsaber there's an inspection coming,” he said as he vanished down the boarding ramp on the Jedi's heels.

“Greetings and salutations!” ACE said with practiced warmth to their uniformed greeting committee. He'd mentally rehearsed this speech 347.52 times upon entering Bespin's atmosphere. He spontaneously added some friendly hand gestures to emphasize his role. “I am GE3-LOM5, alien to droid relations. I speak for my master, the esteemed Cham Mar'gith. We hope that our associate created no grievous disruption for our hosts just now and emphasize that we wish to comply with all rules and regulations from this point on to ensure that Master Mar'gith may get on with the business of winning this amazing tournament.”

He added a pleased chuckle at the end there to emphasize his joking tone. He then turned and bowed slightly at the waist to the Quarren before turning his full attention to the humans again.

“You must forgive Master Vuhig for not introducing himself. Quarren are notorious for their poor manners. I'll never understand why Master Mar'gith keeps that one around,” ACE added with a pretentious jab at Trangle.

The droid couldn't help himself from poking a little fun. He was enjoying this far to much!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 09-24-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Tahla slid the tall, heeled boots over her calves before slipping her lightsaber down into the concealed holster she'd asked for, just like the one in her service boots. She tugged and pulled at the shimmering fabric of the dress, surprised by how well it fit her. She wonderrd if she'd get to keep it.

The Padawan hurried around the corridor to find Lykka, ready as she'd ever be...
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Rarwaraa wanted to get off the ship. He went to the "special aft compartment" and stowed away his flamethrower. Other then that the wookie wasn't concerned, it's not like he was going to let anyone search him or take his things and if they did, well that would be a mistake. Hopefully everything would go smoothly as the wookie exited the ship from the ramp. He came to stand behind Trangle or what use to be Trangle and just stood there watching. He kept his hands to his sides as not to alarm anyone.
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

"Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

The Quarren's beady eyes looked sidelong at the droid.

Keep it up, ACE. Just keep it up.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

The grey-haired man with the datapad smiled, bushy eyebrows arching like small trees in the wind as the others disembarked. He was friendly, almost too friendly. A cool breeze ruffled his perfect hair, but well-manicured fingers were quick to smooth away the disruption. His overly genuine smile changed to amusement during the protocol droid’s tirade about the Quarren. He nodded respectfully to both, appraising the ship with an appreciative eye.

“Welcome to Bespin, the jewel of the Outer Rim. Master Cham is considered a valued guest of the city, and his reputation precedes him. As such, we’ll have staff here shortly to take your luggage to the Yerith Bespin,” he said, cutting off the droid from anymore hmms and huhhhs.

“Is Master Cham the captain of the Cerulean Raptor, or is it someone else? There are a few formalities to speak of before access is granted to the city.”

That was when the wookie lumbered down the boarding ramp. The beast carried a garrison’s worth of blasters, small arms and explosives. The armed security’s hand snaked towards their long, heavy blasters. Though they did not draw, their eyes remained glued, battle instincts blaring.

“What the hell?!?,” the inspector cursed. “He cannot come into the city like that. This is not some type of bounty hunter convention!”
    Last edited by rogue; 10-04-2012 at 03:17 PM.

“I'd advise you come along as well Lykka. It's your show after all Mr. Credsticks!”

Lykka grinned a smooth grin at ACE as the droid scampered off to meet with the security team. Tahla appeared at his side, and with an approving nod to the Jedi, he led the way to the docking ramp.

The Twi'lek waited a few moments to make his appearance, then walked fluidly down the ramp, Tahla beside him, and approached the gathered members of his team as well as members of security who seemed to be in some sort of a huff over the arsenal toting wookiee.

“Gentlemen, gentlemen, please, there is no need for alarm,” he said with rehearsed flair and presence and a bored wave of his hand. “This is getting us nowhere, and I have somewhere to be,” Lykka said as he approached. “Rarwaraa is merely my body guard and protector, not some two-credit gun for hire, I assure you,” he added smoothly. “I’m certain you can understand that an individual such as myself can find himself in situations where others may not agree with certain situations that they bring onto themselves.” He paused and smiled to add confidence to his statement.

Placing his hand upon ACE’s mechanical shoulder, he looked deep into the security agents eyes. “GE3-LOM5 is my pilot and personal assistant. He is more than capable to answer any and all of your queries. Now, if you please, would you be so kind as to direct us to our lodgings?” he asked with andellian honey dripping from his tongue.

OOC
    Persuasion to convince Security that the Wookiee is “just fine” as he is: d20+5 = 18
    Burning a force point to better that roll: d6 = 4
    Persuasion Check total: 22
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

The inspector's face again returned to its normal, too-friendly nature.

"Ah yes, well we appreciate the explanation, sir. It's just that no weapons are allowed in Cloud City while the tournament is going on. Administrator's orders..," he said in a tone of finality. The two security officers also stood straighter, sensing no need to draw their weapons.

"Now, I will need the wookie to hand over his weapons and inspect your ship."

OOC: Persuasion success, Inspector goes from Unfriendly to Indifferent.

James...keep it up.