Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode III: The Queen of Air and Darkness

“Stand, you must padawan,” Yoda instructed, a bit downtrodden. “No grandmaster am I in such times. Extinct our Order becomes. The old ways, underserving to what may come. Simply Master Yoda am I, nothing more.”

“Selfless of you it is to ask such a request. And brave,” he emphasized. “Truly in need the jedi are, but at what price? Much darkness I sense in him,” he accused, pointing his cane at Kadrien. “Mistakes we made returned full circle. Expect me to train another Skywalker, do you?”

“Skywalker may still be redeemed and bring balance to the Force. As in the prophecy,” came a disembodied voice that all three heard.

“Hphh,” issued Yoda, dismissing Master Qui-Gon Jinn’s comment, or the living Force’s, depending on a certain point of view. Though Tahla knew, Kadrien was a bit surprised to hear words coming from thin air.

“For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi! My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. Besides, he is too old! Yes, too old to begin the training…”

“So was Master Rahm, or have you forgotten,” again said Jinn.

“Then train him, you can, Master Qui-Gon,” Yoda replied, clearly annoyed with the interference.

Silence only answered.

OOC: Ok guys. You didn’t think it would be that easy???
    Last edited by rogue; 04-08-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Tahla rose to stand, trying to look down on the Grandmaster as respectfully as possible. She was confused at the little Jedi's proclamation. What did he mean, darkness? Could Kadrien possibly..."Master Yoda," she implored. The title felt strange on her tongue. "The Jedi are in need, for good men. Kadrien Soth is one. He is determined, stalwart, and trustworthy to the last. He is trained to protect and serve, to kill if necessary. If there is darkness in him, Master, it is the darkness that life has thrust upon him. I beg you to consider further."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Kadrien grimaced as they talked about him almost as if he wasn't there. He had expected the Jedi to need all the help they could get, not to withhold training. Between that and the disembodied voice he was thrown pretty off balance. He took a moment to compose his thoughts.

Kadrien stepped forward, hands clasped together behind him. "Master Yoda," he said, "You are correct. Darkness has followed me my whole life. I was born in it, and I honestly believed I would die in it. Few people alive have fought and struggled with the darkness like have. But when I first felt the Force on Felucia...it was like a breath of fresh air. For the first time in my life I believe there is something more than darkness. For the first time, I have hope."

He took another moment to compose his thoughts. "You have every right not to train me," he said matter of factly. "But if you believe me capable of falling to the dark side then Jedi training is what I need most of all. I need the skills to fight the darkness, not to be left alone with it. I will not let you down, Master Yoda. Please."

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBall View Post
    I beg you to consider further."
    "And what of you, padawan," asked the master. "Attachment? Physical love? A jedi craves not these things!," he ordered, poking his cane into Tahla's leg.

"Of the higher uses of the Force I will teach, but a true jedi you are not. Bran Kota, again you must face. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be."

It was then Kadrien spoke for himself, quite elegantly.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "....I will not let you down, Master Yoda. Please."
    "A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. Training you have had, yes," he said knowingly. "Dark training. You must unlearn what you have learned."

"Think, do you, this is possible?"

Kadrien listened as the strange Jedi first faced Tahla and then turned back to him. "I don't know," he said honestly. "My training has been a part of who I am for as long as I've been alive. But I want a change, I'm ready to change. I will do everything I can."

Characters:

Tahla was taken aback by Yoda's words. She took a half-step back when the master prodded at her with his stick. She felt her skin crawl in a flash of embarrassment at the unexpected reproach. She felt a hot flush descend over her face, and chewed her lip to avoid speaking.

She was unused to admonishment, she had to admit. In a haze cognitive defensiveness, she felt confused by the perceived attack. She'd always been taught to trust her feelings, to search her feelings for the truth. Access to her emotions had always been key to fueling her abilities. She had gone through so many hardships, and faced so many dangers, all while wielding the lightsaber, and calling upon the Force in defense of those around her. To be dressed down by Yoda himself was something that she didn't expect.

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try," he answered. "Of your destinies, many lives hang in the balance," he ended cryptically.

Yoda blinked, all traces of grave concern leaving the small jedi's face.

"Hungry I am. Now, let's eat."

He then slowly set out deeper into the swamp, walking stick leading the way. Master Yoda did not even bother to glance over his shoulder.

Tahla shared an uncertain glance with Kadrien before following after the diminutive Jedi. Behind them, R1 squeaked with a sort of priggish annoyance, extending his forelimb and rolling along carefully behind.

As Kadrien followed the Jedi into the overgrown forest he wondered what was in store for him. Yoda seemed to think him not up to the task of being a Jedi, and to be honest he didn't know either. Time to find out, he thought to himself.

Characters:

Default Peace, for the Moment

All three followed the jedi master deeper into the soggy forest. A blanket of fog settled about a half meter above the surface. Thankfully the ground was firm and less muddy. The going was slow, with R1 chirping disdainfully the entire way. Twenty minutes passed and they came before a low, rounded hut fashioned from wood and earth, a bit over a meter and a half tall high at the apex. Both Tahla and Kadrien would have to enter through the small door on their knees. Much too wide, R1’s place was outside.

“Come, good food,” he said dismissively, going inside.

The two padawans shared a knowing look; tight quarters for the foreseeable future. They found Yoda’s dwelling tidy, if a bit damp. It was home for now. The small jedi master had a delicious smelling stew cooking over the small fire. He immediately began doling out dinner in crude bowls from a wooden-shaped ladle. Both knew to not ask about its potential ingredients.

Tahla and Kadrien accepted their meals graciously in silence, hopes high for the coming weeks. After all, they were to train with the greatest living jedi master. Even Yoda seemed a bit more at ease, eager to again have students after living alone these many months. Each ate in peace, allowing the Force to speak for them.

For the first in quite some time, tranquility was not so distant in such turbulent times…

OOC: End Credits!

That does it for Episode III folks. Thanks for reading and to my players, you are all awesome! Be on the look-out for Episode IV soon…