Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Delusions of Grandeur: The Jaded Exports Missions

Shayle was ready. It was a long trip and he knew it could get longer. "Trangle's aboard the Pride." Shayle simply stated. He knew better than to try and sway the Mon Calamari from a course of action once his mind was set, so he didn't even bother when Trangle told him he was going aboard the Merchant's Pride. "I'm standing by, ready to input coordinates." He hoped they could get out of this without blasting their way out. The Luck seemed to holding together, but just barely.

OOC: Do the shields still have to be recharged or can we say Lykka was doing that while we were dealing with the cargo?

And do you need me to make a use computer check yet Ed?
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

“Check that. We're. Jumping to. Formos,” the droid said, quickly reconsidering his original plan. Contacting Captain Verana would take to long. They'd have Imps down their throats before they ever made contact with The Redemption. ACE knew The Luck couldn't take another pounding either. He was good, but not that good. “It's faster. Safer. No one. Goes there. Except. Ships. Like ours. Sending you. The coordinates. Now,” ACE told Shayle as he simultaneously fed the necessary information to the Bothan's console and hailed The Merchant's Pride.

“This is. Captain. B55. 947. ACE. We're sending. You. Rendezvous. Coordinates. Now. Slave. Your. Nav-computer. To ours. And prepare. To make. Some streaks!”

OOC -
    Knowledge (galactic lore) Check (d20+10): 25. Knows about the nearby planet of Formos.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Trangle View Post
    "Greetings, Captain Sano," Trangle croaked as he entered the cockpit. He saw the Twi'lek woman as well. "Captain Trangle, at your service."
    "AH! My heart!" Sano cried. "Don'a you know not'a sneak up like'a dat? You wanna give a guy a heart attack? What'a you do on'a my ship?" he asked suspiciously as his fingers flew over switches and dials on the ship's control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE
    “This is. Captain. B55. 947. ACE. We're sending. You. Rendezvous. Coordinates. Now. Slave. Your. Nav-computer. To ours. And prepare. To make. Some streaks!”
    The Jedi stowaway didn't have a chance to respond as the Pride received an incoming transmission from the other transport ship.

"Roger that, ACE. Happy to tag along!" The Duros effortlessly switched from the ship's controls to the main nav-computer and linked to the datastream from the Luck. "Eh you - you take a seat and a'stay outta my way, capiche?" he instructed the stowaway.

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

Comps' white-knuckled grip on the Luck's laser cannons eased up just slightly once the ship got under way. He wouldn't relax completely until the Kessel moon was far behind them. He listened to ACE sqwak over the intercom, and prayed the droid would hurry their escape up. The Luck was one Imperial entanglement away from being scrap.

Comps flicked on his comlink.

"ACE, get us out of here already! I'm not sure even my shooting skills will keep this wreck up much longer if it comes to a fight."
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.

Shayle took the coordinates and loaded them into the navicomputer, he was ready to get off this rock as well.

OOC: Use computer 1d20(17)+15= 32
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere View Post
    “Lykka! Get your. Red behind. Up here! You're! Flying shotgun! Again!"
    Racing down the access corridor, Lykka jumped into the co-pilot's chair. "Sorry! I was distracted," he said, quickly bringing his system online. "By the way, where did you loose Trangle this time?" he asked ACE with a quick glance.

OOC
    Sorry for the delay.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathril View Post
    "Eh you - you take a seat and a'stay outta my way, capiche?" he instructed the stowaway.
    "Not a problem, Captain," Trangle croaked, hastily strapping himself into a seat.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

“I will,” Darvig uttered.

Shayle punched in the final calculations and both navicomputers burbled in tongues of ones and zeroes. Coordinates complete, the bridges of both ships turned as the whine of hyperspace motivators jolted a journey through another dimension. Stars blurred to lines and the curtain of faster than light travel lowered in bright blue with tunnel striations of white. They were safe for the time being. It was a short jump, eight hours at best. There was time to repair some of the damage of both ships if the crew put their minds to it….

After a harrowing repair time, both ships exited hyperspace. Before them was an ugly, yellow atmosphered planet. The only known civilization was the space port, more of a smugglers vacation den known to harbor spice dealers, and in more recent years, prison traders. Bounty hunters and anyone dropping off inter-galactic fugitives stopped here to make their trades to Kesell. To think the justice system was fair and balanced was to think credits collected like hydrogen in nebulae.

Without any problems, both ships landed in the same docking bay, no questions asked. The fee was 30 credits per day, and biological and droid attendants were available to aid in repairs. The Formos spaceport was not a pretty place. The Imperials had recently started collecting the worst criminals caught by station security. That was a one-way ticket to the mines a short jump away.

OOC: Ok, I know the Luck is horribly damaged, not so sure about the Merchant’s Pride. I am rolling Mechanics checks to speed things along.

Ace Mechanics checks (DC 20) while in hyperspace: Passes all of them if them he Takes 10.
    The Luck is repaired 8D8(26) HP’s.

Sono Mechanic checks (DC20) while in hyperspace: Passes all of them if he Takes 10.
    The Pride is repaired 8D8(41) HP’s.

So what’s the plan?
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Now safely docked ACE spun about in the captain's chair to better address the cockpit's other occupants - Lykka and Shayle.

“I'm. Going to. Look. Into. Hiring. A crew. To. Speed up. The. Repair process,” ACE told his companions. “In. The. Meantime. You. May want. To. Set up. A meeting. With. Captain Stazi. To. Discuss. Our. Next move. Shayle.”
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Out of my mind, BEEEEP. Please leave a message!

Once the Luck had landed safely, Comps practically vaulted out of the gunner's station. He assumed this was peerly a port in the storm to repair all the damage to the Luck, but this would also be the time for them discuss their arrangement with the smuggler captain. Comps wanted nothing more than to punch the Duros in his big black eyes for the disdainful way he treated his slaves.

"Hmph! Cargo," Comps growled as he practically stomped towards the cockpit.

He caught most of what ACE was saying to the others. He turned first to Shayle.

"I'd like nothing more than to try and threaten our new acquaintance about his cargo, but I've learned the hard way that is not my strong suit. Shayle...I would appreciate if you tried to talk this Ansano character out of selling or delivering his 'cargo'."

Comps then turned to ACE.

"I've poked my way through several ships when I served in the New Republic. I am happy to help keep this rusted bucket of bolts in the air that much longer if you wish, ACE."
    "And that blockhead Rukin.. he might not be much of a thinker, but he can kill things well I suppose..." Argent: Cleric of Silver Master. ICRP Key of Destiny.

"Well I'll be a pickled dog-turd," Rukin grunted.