Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Delusions of Grandeur: The Jaded Exports Missions

"kkssshhhh", the wookies vox-box began to crackle.

"Im- scared -to -death -of- space- travel.... ksssssshhh"
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

"Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

Ansano Stazi rolled his eyes as first a clone, then one of his own crew threatened to interfere with a simple cargo delivery.

"You don'a like slaves, you don'a like space travel...what'a do you like, wookie? Jus' keep'a loadin' cargo, eh...you rather leave them to die here or what?" The wiry Duros captain of the Merchant's Pride raised both hands in exasperation as the proximity alarms blared overhead. "We need outta here, presto!"

The captain dashed inside, holstering his pistols as he slid into the pilot's chair. He thumbed the mini comlink on his wrist and the ship's internal communication system crackled to life. "Engines hot, lifting off in'a one minute! You not'a here, you a'stay behind!"
    Last edited by Nathril; 06-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Trangle looked one way then the next, to the Luck and to the Merchant's Pride. He made a snap decision. Shayle would understand, in the end, at least. If one of their ships was blown to bits in space, at least one Jedi would survive, and it would also ensure Sano didn't double cross them. Trangle boarded the Merchant's Pride. He would ride with the slaves.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

As he began to hear noises from the cargo hold, Lykka flipped a couple of auto switched, then darted down the cockpit access corridor, and rounded the corner, nearly slamming into the wall of the center frame that housed the gunner tube. Spinning on his feet, he redirected his movement and emerged into the cargo hold that had been converted into a lounge where the others were gathering.

"What in the black is going on?!?" he exclaimed in near panic. "There are bogies on the sensors, and I really don't want to be any where near here when they arrive!" As his eyes took in those gathered, he realized that they were short at least one of their members.

"Where's Trangle?" he asked, with more than a little concern crackling his voice.

OOC
    I've taken the liberty to assume that those aboard would gather in location 16 of the Luck, the lounge area located by one of the docking ramps. If I'm mistaken, I shall edit.
    Roll Better! Miss Less!

Family Time Games:
    Boards, Cards, Dice - Games for Everyone!

Evil is not a condition or a state of being. It is a choice. Hold on to your choice for it is your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathril View Post
    "You don'a like slaves, you don'a like space travel...what'a do you like, wookie? Jus' keep'a loadin' cargo, eh...you rather leave them to die here or what?"
    "Mi ahhsuraa ga ma uma ahuma ooma!", roared the wookie. Yes he really did like pulling arms out of their sockets like he proclaimed but he liked other things too. One mighty swing and he was captain of the Merchant's Pride. For now he took Stazi's word and lugged the spice on the ship. He nodded to Trangle as he saw him board, his presence calmed the wookie. When all was done Rarwaraa strapped in, the wookie hated flying more then anything except.....

"Mi uhah to bee ssuuullaa, mi haaatteeii ssuuullaa."...... I used to be a slave, i hate slaves
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

"Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

Default Space, Above and Beyond: AKA, Where to Next?

Cargo hastily loaded and crews aboard, repulsor engines began kicking up the loose dirt and detritus of Kessel’s barren landscape. Jet wash bathed the ground in wavering funnels of heated haze. Kessel’s false atmosphere was factory produced, improved since the Empire sent more and more fugitives and outlaws to the prison moon, and the ambient air burned a full 20 degrees upward on the thermo.

Both respective smuggler captains were somewhat relieved to be off such a foreboding rock. Was it destiny or the hand of some diplomat that settled a high security prison on the biggest deposit of Spice in the known galaxy? Ace measured the plausibility in his heuristic processor. Free from the reigns of memory wipes and restraining bolts, the independent droid’s consciousness was growing beyond established parameters. The realization that blind happenstance seemed less and less to measure out in the outlandish odds affecting his business weighed heavy against his logic circuits. Perhaps there was something to this all-knowing Force.

Sono, on the other hand, was the type to believe in Lady Luck. His wide, red eyes absorbed the read-outs flashing from the Merchants Pride’s sensor bank. The massive power signature ramping up was Imperial, no doubt about it. It seemed Vordell was looking out for them by suggesting keeping their engines hot. At this rate the enemy vessel needed at least another few minutes to generate enough power from their fusion reactors to displace the massive weight needed to escape Kessel’s gravitational field.

Seconds later, both ships were airborne, blasting upward to slip the steady pull of mass and acceleration that was gravity. Breaking the atmosphere in tandem, navicomputers were keyed to begin the complex computations allowing faster-than-light travel. It occurred to both captains that no coordinates were established for a rendezvous point. The next decision was paramount. A squadron of planetary defense fighters blipped on the sensors in hot pursuit. Though out of range, it wouldn’t be long. Not TIE fighters; they still posed a threat in both ships weakened and damaged conditions.

OOC: Ok Ace and Sono, where are we going? Since you both are jumping out and not trying to evade initial detection like before, its only one jump. The DC is still high, and slaving the navicomputers is suggested.

Don’t forget you have a flight plan needing analysis. Also, it may require help from the Redemption.
    Last edited by rogue; 06-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Trangle didn't report to Captain Sano. The Mon Cal was unsure if the Captain even knew he was on board. The wookie saw him board, but Trangle and the wookie had met and fought together before - and there was a friendship that had developed between them during their first meeting.

Instead, Trangle mingled among the slaves, seeing them all in binder cuffs and chains. He was half tempted to draw his lightsaber and begin cutting through cuffs, freeing them one by one so they could at least use their hands. He wanted to, but wondered if it was wise given the situation. They'd all be dead if Captain Sano couldn't focus on getting the ship away from this moon - some of the slaves might turn violent once freed - perhaps some were ex-pilots and their first move would be to take over the ship. Trangle searched his feelings...

OOC
    Use the Force (Search Feelings) d20+17= 28 - free the slaves from binders or wait it out.
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Trangle received a feeling that all jedi were trained to exercise during times such as this: patience. Chaos aboard the ship was definitely a possibility if he reacted blatantly.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Trangle swallowed his urge to free the slaves just yet. Patience. It was often his downfall to react too impulsively on his emotions. But not this time. If he was to become a Jedi Knight, he would have to teach himself. There was no one else left to teach him now.

"You will all be freed from slavery in time," he croaked to the slaves, his webbed hand withdrawing from his belt where he had almost grabbed his lightsaber. "For now, stay calm, and have patience, until we are away from this moon. The Force is with you."

Trangle was a capable pilot, and thought Captain Sano might be able to use his help. Besides, he couldn't just stand here any longer. He turned away from the slaves, and headed towards the cockpit of the Merchant's Pride.

"Greetings, Captain Sano," Trangle croaked as he entered the cockpit. He saw the Twi'lek woman as well. "Captain Trangle, at your service."
    Last edited by Bong Bellowsmoke; 06-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Default On board The Luck...

“Where's! My damn. Co-pilot!” ACE shrieked over The Luck's comms as they rocketed out of Kessel's atmosphere. The Mon Cal Jedi might have been frustrating to deal with on a personal level, but he could fly. He flipped the intercoms off and starting spitting out orders to the stations behind him in the cockpit. “Shayle! We're. Heading for. The Redemption. I'm contacting. Captain. Sano. With the. Coordinates. Be ready. To slave. Our. Nav-computers,” the droid barked to his Bothan systems operator.

He was not keen on the idea of exposing Warrick Raden to the fomenting rebellion. However, the droid was pretty damn sure his kind-hearted employers would never let slaves off of their very large vessel in chains. They were more important then his misgivings about one turncoat Devaronian. Besides, this new intelligence was way to big for just them to handle without getting paid for it. He warbled quietly to himself as he flipped the ship's intercom.

“Lykka! Get your. Red behind. Up here! You're! Flying shotgun! Again!"

OOC -
    I'll give Shayle a chance pipe up before I open communications with The Merchant's Pride.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 06-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct