Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams of the Elder Snail (planning)

Default Dreams of the Elder Snail (planning) closed

how slow he moves yet forever will he
    his shell is ancient
    his mind is vast
    now he slumbers
    and dreams of Varda...

This thread will cover the tales of the land of Varda. It will utilize pathfinder rules with a separate pantheon. A party of 4 PC's will adventure the lands of the last world. Unfortunately the campaign is already filled and recruitment is closed.

80'x100'
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    .+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.
    .+. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .+.
    .+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.
    Last edited by the_elder_snail; 06-11-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: tyring to work a resusable map template

Default dwarf clans

Dwarven clan stats:
    Clan Baldark: blacksmiths. +2 to craft(blacksmithing, armorsmithing, weaponsmithing), +2 to any check regarding runes or symbols
    Clan Gorunn: jewelers, artisans. +2 to craft(gemcutting) additional +2 to appraise
    Clan Ironshield: fighters. +1 strength led by Dwalin Ironfist monk13
    Clan Taerun: Wardens, rangers usually chaotic good. tall & proud. led by the King of the Nine Stacks. Lord Baaltor Taerun (brbn 5, ftr 12). +4 to saves vs fear
    Clan Holdergart: warriors, druids, farmers. largest faction of Dennarri worshipers. led by Thori Stonebeard druid 17. +2 knowledge nature, survival, profession farmer
    Clan Rummekeln: miners, experts, fighters: clan chief Ryad. +2 survival, profession miner, and knowledge engineering
    Clan Torkil: stonemasons, warrior, experts. +2 knowledge engineering, arcana, nature
    Last edited by the_elder_snail; 05-22-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Default elven racial stats

Elven races
    eledhrel: standard elf stats
    Moredhrel: +2 STR, +2 CON, -2 WIS, darkvision 60', +2 perform standard elf stats otherwise. Moredhrel are tall and muscular, add 6" to starting height.
    Glamredhrel: wood elf +2 WIS, +2 DEX, -2 INT, standard stats elf stats otherwise
    Last edited by the_elder_snail; 05-29-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: moredhrel starting height adjustment

Are adamantine and claytonium the same thing?
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Default deepsteel

claytonium, as it was nicknamed, is a rare form of adamantine, known as deepsteel to the dwarves. In addition to the normal qualities of adamantine, deepsteel has an affinity to magic and the elemental forces. Found only in the deepest reaches of the earth, it is extremely rare and only weapons or smaller items have ever been forged with it. The ore naturally channels an elemental or primal force. A nonmagical weapon deals an extra point of energy damage. These include acid, cold, electricity, fire, negative, or positive. The forged metal is black with thin veins of a color corresponding to the energy type. green for acid, blue for cold, yellow for electricity, red for fire, purple for negative, and white for positive.

The DC to enchant a deepsteel crafted item is increased by 10. With a successful check, a weapon will deal 1D6 extra damage of it's corresponding energy type. If the item created is enchanted with a corresponding energy damaging special ability (i.e. acidic, flaming, holy..), those damage die are doubled. (2D6 becomes 4D6). ex. A green veined deepsteel longsword would deal 1 point of acid damage, in addition to standard weapon damage, while an acidic sword would deal 2d6 extra acid damage. An energy burst weapon's bonus critical damage die are double. ex. an acidic deepsteel scythe would deal 2d6 acidic damage and an additional 6d10 acid damage on a successful critical. A white veined dagger would deal 1 point of holy damage, a +1 white dagger would deal an extra d6 holy damage, and a +1 frost white dagger would deal d6 cold and d6 holy damage.
    The cost to create a deepsteel item is increased by 100%
    Last edited by the_elder_snail; 06-11-2013 at 01:50 PM.

IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS!
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

"Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)

ME TOO!!!
    The Red Condor shrieked at Sir Darvig in full wrath. Wings flapped storms of fire across the sky. "The Mage-God grows in power swifter than it appears to Paladine. This I know. A warning," Sargonnas told Darvigl, "for you to give to Paladine in your prayers."

I will, Darvig uttered.

Boog, Acrobatics is a Dex based skill, not Str.

I will, Darvig uttered.

Also if we want to keep it more PF related... technically it should be a belt of strength and not gauntlets of ogre power... just sayin!

Also I should have a character up soon. Just doin some tweekin to see how I want this character to come out!
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

yeah but i already had the gauntlets.... all my equipment is from actual game play
    Vittorio the Red LN Nerakan Wizard 10/Wizard of High Sorcery Red Robe 10 (Bongs Dragonlance Tabletop RPG)
    Sharky Fishbait CN Kender Mariner 4/ Rogue 4 (Bongs SoS Dragonlance Forum Game)
    Anacoana NE Noordmarian Druid 7 (Bongs Cult of the Ebon Destroyer DLF Game)
    Vittorio the Grey LE Nerakan Wizard 6/ Fighter 1/ Knight of the Thorn 8 (Bongs Dragonlance RPG)

"Let that be a lesson to us all" - Clearwing (Bongs table top Specter of Sorrows game after companion was devoured by dire lions)