Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Thread: Dragons on the River of Time [First Quest - "Dragons of Death"]

"No, I did not," the old man said evenly. "And I did not think sending you to that reality was very funny." His feet floated up form the floor as he leaned into the paladin's face, his laughing eyes growing dark. For one startling moment Loren thought they had grown larger than possible and become completely black pupil-less orbs. Then the sorcerer's eyes were human again and the holy warrior was left pondering his own eyes. However, there was no trace of frivolity in the Wayfarer's tone now, just a powerful unnatural calm that paralyzed thought.

"None of you were chosen lightly for this purpose," he squealed in Loren's face. The old man's supremely calm tone actually made Loren's teeth tingle. "I do not throw mortal beings into the River of Time willy-nilly where it amuses me. One wrong choice by me, by you - it could spell disaster for countless forks in the River. If I send you to a place ruled by your evil doppelganger or your Great Aunt Tilda it was for a reason. Nothing any of us do out there, swimming in the currents of Time, is without consequence," he said.

He leaned back, still hovering above the floor, and sighed. The alien quality that had crept into his voice was gone now. Loren felt himself relax slightly. The Wayfarer seemed shrunken, small, and very old as he hovered before Loren and sighed.

"Sir Daevan's sacrifice will have consequences, I assure you," he said quietly.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 02-08-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Loren found he could only nod slightly, his throat still paralyzed by whatever he had just witnessed. He had been in countless battles, seen countless miracles, hell, he had even grappled with the Kingpriest and survived the destruction of Istar, but this small, fragile old man before him left him speechless.

"How many..." he finally forced through near numb lips. "In how many timelines am I...that?"

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

"Oh my," he said, eyes blinking rapidly. "I don't count those kinds of things. Do you know how many forks the River actually contains? No, of course you don't. It's best not to dwell on those kinds of things. Otherwise you'll go mad."

He smiled and swiveled about in mid-air to face the others.

"Now, who's ready to go home?"

OOC -
    And so ends Dragons of Death! New game thread coming up for your second quest for The Wayfarer!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 05-15-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    Head Moderator &

Simone was a bit startled by Waylorn's prayer. Even more so when she realized a confidence and alertness were returning to her that she did not know she had lost. She bowed in thanks and turned a concerned ear to Loren's conversation with the Wayfarer.

"Perhaps," she started tentatively "in the future you could warn us if such an event might occur." With her senses returning, she could not help but feel ashamed for being afraid to prepare Loren for what he might learn along the way. She couldn't even imagine what it was like to find out that, under different circumstances, one was capable of such atrocities.

"I have no doubt you are far wiser than I." she continued with well honed ingratiation "Could you please explain the benefit of sending this poor man into such a situation with no warning? I fear we might not perform our best on future... journeys... if we are worried about finding ourselves in a similar predicament."
    Salinus Wavebreaker - KoD, SoS
    Tempest "Downfall" Windstrider - DoA, DoW, DRT
    Simone Belmonte - JoNS, JN, DRT

"I thought that ignorance might be bliss in this case," the Wayfarer told Simone with a steely gaze. "Evidently I was wrong."

He smiled again, his hard stare melting away.

"Now, let's get your companions back to their homes!"

OOC -
    Okay guys, no more posts here. All posting is now on the Shadows of Ravenscar thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 02-08-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Head Moderator &